X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worried about my health, any advce?

i have he following symptoms:
    cant sleep
    and even if i sleep more than 8hrs in the morning when i wake up i feel like crap (excuse my language, theres no other way to describe it), i feel like someone hit my head with a hammer.
    my feet are swollen for the last few days (scared)
    my hands and feet and constantly cold. (but have been all my life, just getting worse/colder)
    my hair is falling out.
    weight problems, one week i lose weight without even trying, drop 10 to 15 pounds just like that. the next i put on weight without eating any more/less than before.
    cant concentrate in class or at work.
    constantly tired.
    my BP is always low.

can anyone tell me what i could be suffering from? if there are any experts here?
    i have been to th GP, one said nothing is wrong with you just anxiety. the other gave me tablets, when i read the back it said it was for depression. A'uudu bilaah, Drs these days think they can solve everything with depression madicine. i didnt take them. and i dont trust Drs anymore.
    Jazak.
    Last edited by Bint-Al-Islam; 25-09-10, 02:45 PM.
    “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Re: Worried about my health, any advce?

i am no healthcare expert but as no one is replying ill try my best

sleeping problem= try to get into a routine

weight problem - go on a healthy diet

get a blood test from the doctor check iron level( may have lost loads of blood as being a women may explain the tiredness and cold hands) sugar level(you may have diabetes) and your hormone levels as well and any other thing you could find out from your blood test

eat your fruits and veg and dring loads of water

Comment

get another medical opinion. someone you can rely on.

follow brother hamza's advice - ie healthy eating, correct sleep patterns etc. his advice on possible anaemia is also good.

btw - it's very unusual to lose 10-15 lbs in one week. losing a stone in one week isn't normal, even by starvation I don't think such a dramatic loss could be expected. your scales are probably spooking you. also depending on time of day/clothing/even position of feet on the scales you can get hugely varied readings.
      Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

jazak. i do eat healthy food, and my pattern of sleep is good as it always has been.
        had the blood test, they said everything is ok :S
        at one week i've lost 11lbs and looked like a ghost. it wasnt healthy weight lost.
        i have to go private i guess. if you pay money the they'll tell you whats wrong, right?
        “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Comment

Is there something constantly on your mind? Maybe that is what is causing the anxiety?

I've had insomnia for about two to three years. Waking up in the middle of the night like 10 times isn't pretty. Somedays, I couldnt sleep the whole night even though being dead tired. Even nightmares kept me awake. Still battling this. But it has its reason.

Comment

sounds like stress.
            From brother Pearl44uk.

Allah Hu Akbar

Comment

Originally posted by brotherpearl44uk View Post
              sounds like stress.
              Ditto.

And maybe the activities you do or the environment you are living in is like that.
              For example when I was in India 2 months ago ish. I was weakened (still have no clue how) by so much that I cud not sleep (it used to hurt on the place where my heart is and also i cud not walk or anything that weak. But now that I am in canada I dont feel like this at all.

Comment

Need to get your iron, b12, vitamin D and hormone levels checked at least. A simple blood test should do that. Get your blood pressure checked as it could be low (ask for the actual numbers and printouts of the results, don't let them fob you off with "it's all normal"). Do you sleep alone or share a room? If you share a room then often the other person will notice if there are issues with the way you sleep such as if you stop breathing during sleep (sleep apnoea), then that can also cause you to wake up feeling awful as well as a bunch of other unpleasant symptoms that don't show up in standard tests. If you sleep alone, then maybe leave a tape recorder to record your breathing as you go to sleep and see if there's any issue such as sleep talking/walking or stopping breathing. All those things are signs of unrefreshed sleep that can lead to health problems.

Ask for your blood pressure to be taken once in a standing position and once whilst lying down as if there is a significant difference then it could be a sign of low blood volume and possible orthostatic intolerance. I've had cold hands and feet for most of my life too and this is known as "Raynauds phenomenon"- in fact it can cause the hands and feet to sometimes change colour too and become a bit numb. It's not curable but can improve if you take certain ordinary precautions like wearing gloves when going out in cold weather (or even when opening the freezer).

I think it could also help to improve your circulation. If you can handle physical exertion and exercise even for just ten minutes a day then that could be one way to start. I also think raw garlic (mix it into hummous or raita or something to make it palatable) is very good for circulation and health issues. If you're sure that your blood pressure is low then you might benefit from adding more sea salt to your diet, just half a teaspoon mixed in warm water should be enough (obviously stop taking it if you experience adverse reactions). Ask your Dr to monitor your blood pressure after a month to make sure that if doesn't get too high from doing that. Oh one other thing, try not to rely on artificial foods (ie 'diet' products such as cola etc) or caffeinated drinks- one or two cups of tea a day are okay but not more than that and avoid having the caffeinated drink after 6pm cos' it could make it harder to sleep properly.
                The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Salaam Alaykum sister, My opinion is that its sounds like it is jinn related problem. Read loads of quran, make sure ur prayin ur salat. read ayatul-kursi and the three kools at the end of every prayer. Ma Allah SWT make things easy upon u ameen.
                  "And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster. Surah Luqman:18

Comment

Originally posted by Bint-Al-Islam View Post
                    cant sleep
                    and even if i sleep more than 8hrs in the morning when i wake up i feel like crap (excuse my language, theres no other way to describe it), i feel like someone hit my head with a hammer.
                    my hands and feet and constantly cold. (but have been all my life, just getting worse/colder)
                    my hair is falling out.
                    weight problems, one week i lose weight without even trying, drop 10 to 15 pounds just like that. the next i put on weight without eating any more/less than before.
                    constantly tired.
                    my BP is always low.

can anyone tell me what i could be suffering from? if there are any experts here?
                    i have been to th GP, one said nothing is wrong with you just anxiety. the other gave me tablets, when i read the back it said it was for depression. A'uudu bilaah, Drs these days think they can solve everything with depression madicine. i didnt take them. and i dont trust Drs anymore.
                    Jazak.
                    wat u describe is similar to wat i had
                    and yes it is anxiety,u shud take anti depressants like fluoxitine and lots of water
                    am sure inshAllah it will help :)

Comment

AW: Worried about my health, any advce?

cant sleep
                      my hair is falling out.
                      constantly tired.
                      my BP is always low.

Jazak.
                      --------------------------------------------
                      perhaps, endocrinologic problems , thyroid.
                      for sleeping problems try oil of Nigelle. our Prophet, SAW, peace and blessings upon him, recommanded it to menkind.
                      but I also am afraid that you are a little bit anxious. read the koran, in the morning,
                      Insallah you will get fine.
                      I also suffer from dizziness. no one could find nothing. they also gave me things for anxiety.
                      it didn't dissappear but I pray ALLAH one day he take a way this dizziness. but I prefer suffering in this world than in the other world.
                      the prophet said, SAW, pbu, even a mustiquo sticks you it will heal your sins.

Comment

Re: AW: Worried about my health, any advce?

i just googled it (well i put all my symptoms into this website and it tells what i might be suffering from) and it said i might be suffering from underactive thyriod. :( i need a blood test, so phew now that i know what i might be suffering from.
                        jazak for all your replies, Neelu that was very informative. Abu Suhayb, Jinn? :S A'uudu Bilaah. im not mentaliy ill but physically ill. what is kools btw? aproudmuslim thanks bo/sis but i would never take anti depressants if thats the last thing i have to do before i die. i rather die than take anti depressants. ;) Selma you might just be right about the thyriod, im having a blood test on Tuesday insha'alah. :)

Comment

i just googled it (well i put all my symptoms into this website and it tells what i might be suffering from) and it said i might be suffering from underactive thyriod. :( i need a blood test, so phew now that i know what i might be suffering from.
                          jazak for all your replies, Neelu that was very informative. Abu Suhayb, Jinn? :S A'uudu Bilaah. im not mentaliy ill but physically ill. what is kools btw? aproudmuslim thanks bo/sis but i would never take anti depressants if thats the last thing i have to do before i die. i rather die than take anti depressants. ;) Selma you might just be right about the thyriod, im having a blood test on Tuesday insha'alah. :)
                          wat ? depression not always come bcoz ur feeling bad
                          sometimes theres a chemical imbalance in ur brain wich causes depression, low level of thc (forgot the full form) causes it

Comment

excuse my negative view of anti depressants. they cause more harm than good, from what i hear. i stay the hell away from them. :)

Comment

possibly could be thyroid...though excessive weight loss followed by gain isnt usually a symptom of hypothyroidism..you'd expect weight gain ..but either way get this checked out

are you eating a balanced diet? getting enough exercise?

sounds like you have poor circulation.... also did your gp check for diabetes?

Comment

Working...
                              X