Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom won't let me take off of school for Eid ul-fitr

Assalam alaykum,

My mom won't let me take off of school for Eid ul-fitr. I've tried to talk her into it, explain to her what it is, but she insists "education first". Man, i am counting the days till i am on my own and outta this kaffir house so i can practice islam better.
    Please Re-update your Signature

hmm

Few things u can do..they may be silly ideas but i wud do it if i was in ur positions

1) Bunk off school i wud no go to school just spend the whole day outside with eid with friends and all

if u dont mind me asking u mentioned "kaffir" house are the rest of your family non muslims?

thanks
    ws
    sajid

Comment

sounds like ali is young, still living with his parents, though he accepted islam on his own

(man of my own heart)

anyway, akhi, listen and listen carefully

dont piss off your parents

use that day to go to school, obey your parents, inshaa Allah, there will be other eids, never miss a day to serve your parents, even if they are kufr, your mother and fathers' hearts may turn towards islam because of your wonderful behavior

you dont want their hearts to turn away from islam because you are disobedient

but of course, when it comes to disobeying Allah and His Messenger, there is no obedience to parents or anyone else, but even in your disobeying them, you must do it with honor
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

wa alaykum salaam

Ali....even if ur parents aren't muslim u still hav 2 obey them, unless it is that they are telling you to go against Islam.
        I think Abu M's reply is good, I agree with all of that :D :D
        I'm in a similar situation cuz my parents arent muslim either but I am, but lucky for me, I go 2 college n hardly hav any lessons on tues and wed anyway, n thats when eid is inshallah gonna b around then, but neway...maybe u could do something after skool 2 celebrate?? what time does ya school finish?
        but as Abu M said, inshallah u will hav plenty more Eids, and once u (inshallah) get married n hav kids n all that, u can make it into a really good occasion wiv all the family & celebrate it really well :D
        but Eid mubarak 2 u :D hope it still goes ok 4 u bro :)
        .: Rufaida :.
        .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
        http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
        “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
        but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
        ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Re: Mom won't let me take off of school for Eid ul-fitr

Originally posted by alifromconroe
          Assalam alaykum,

My mom won't let me take off of school for Eid ul-fitr. I've tried to talk her into it, explain to her what it is, but she insists "education first". Man, i am counting the days till i am on my own and outta this kaffir house so i can practice islam better.
          I bunked off school all the time. I found it better to educate myself than listen to boring teachers.

Ok, so I spent most of my time in seaside arcades playing Pacman and Space Invaders (you are probably too young to know about such things), smoking ciggies with a bunch of no-hopers, but I still got top grades and a place in university.

My behaviour must have annoyed the 'swots' at school who worked hard, listened to teacher, etc, etc. The teachers could not figure me out either. What did they expect from some guy who always got into trouble in class, bunked off lessons? Certainly not a place at Uni!

I'm not suggesting you spend time out at the seaside or with a bunch of morons as I did. I suggest you spend time doing better things. Go to the masjid, do the Eid prayer and spend time with brothers.

You did not tell us if your parents are muslims. If they are not, you should not let them get in the way of your wanting to follow Islam.

"And We have enjoined on the human being in (regard to) his two parents the most beautiful conduct. But if they strive with you to associate with Me (gods) you do not know about, then do not obey them. You all will return to Me and I will tell you what you have worked." - Surah al-Ankabut: 8

Can you imagine what would happen if reverts to Islam obeyed everything their unbelieving parents told them?

GO TO THE EID PRAYER!

I wouldn't care if my daughter didn't go to school as long as she made up for it by studying at home.

School sux.

Comment

MashaAllah I agree with Abu too

ALi, School usually lasts till 3 or maybe finishes even ealier, right? if they insist you go, than go InshaAllah. You can meet up with your friends after you come from school or go to the masjid and celebrate eid InshaAllah.

You could also, ask them nicely, you know, do anything to have your way ( in a nice way ofcourse). Show her your "Innocent face", and say nice things to your mom. Try to touch her weak spot you know;), she is your mother after-all, well it works with my mom lol.:)

Besides, if your not having exams or assignments to hand in, why sit in class during eid

Ali Try seeing things from her point of view, bottom line is,. she really wants the best for you, let her know that you know that she wants the best for you, and have patience with her, because she carried you for 9 months, she carried you all the way, Alhamdulilah.

I wish you a eid Mubarak, I hope you celebrate it with lots of joy&Happiness.

Ma'Salama

Comment

I think everyone who fasted during ramadan has a right to celebrate EID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Re: Mom won't let me take off of school for Eid ul-fitr

Originally posted by Sultan
                [B]

Can you imagine what would happen if reverts to Islam obeyed everything their unbelieving parents told them?
                yeah but its a duty 2 obey ur parents, as long as by doin that u dont disobey allah....so basically u still hav 2 obey em :p
                ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Mom won't let me take off of school for Eid ul-fitr

Originally posted by anna2000uk
                  yeah but its a duty 2 obey ur parents, as long as by doin that u dont disobey allah....so basically u still hav 2 obey em :p
                  Even if it meant leaving your religion if they demanded it?

I think you should study the quranic verse more carefully.

"And We have enjoined on the human being in (regard to) his two parents the most beautiful conduct. But if they strive with you to associate with Me (gods) you do not know about, then do not obey them. You all will return to Me and I will tell you what you have worked." - Surah al-Ankabut: 8

In which case, the kid's islamic obligations come before his parent's wishes.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Re: Mom won't let me take off of school for Eid ul-fitr

Originally posted by Sultan
                    I think you should study the quranic verse more carefully.

yeah...like I said, u have 2 obey them unless by obeying them u disobey allah or go against Islam.
                    why...what do u think it means
                    of course im not saying, if ur parents tell u 2 do haram then do it - but otherwise u really r sposed 2 obey....
                    ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

ok i didnt see that bit u editted in....
                      the question is then, is it haram 2 go 2 school on Eid day?? which as far as I'm aware, it is not.

neway, Ali its up 2 u, but i reckon if u cant persuade ur mum, go 2 school n then celebrate once the school day is finished
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

a muslims MUST celebrate the 2 eids as it is prescribed ibadat, best thing is to not go school and enjoy eid
                        do ghusl, eat 7 dates, walk 2 the masjid [and return a different way] wear new clothes, if an1 greets you say
                        Taqabbal Allaahu minnaa wa minkum
                        [Taqabbala Allaahu minnaa wa minkum wa Ahaala Allaahu 'alaika]
                        hug your muslim brothers, meet with your family [or othere muslim families] then tell your parents that they hav echristman n easter n watever but u as a muslim only have eid as a celebration

Comment

Going to school doesn't mean you can't enjoy Eid. Praying the salat-ul-eid is sunnah.. You can go to school, get dressed up, and after school as was suggested here, you can hang out with friends at the masjid or wherever they're going to be. Or, maybe you can persuade her to let you go to the prayer in the morning and then to school after that. Plus, look at it this way. It'll only be a couple of years until you can get your liscence, go out and not have to rely on your parents as much. Just have patience and if you're parents won't budge, listen to them, for listening to your parents for something that isn't "haram" is more important than doing something that isn't a "must" in islam.

~Ayah

Comment

Originally posted by Ayah
                            Going to school doesn't mean you can't enjoy Eid. Praying the salat-ul-eid is sunnah.. You can go to school, get dressed up, and after school as was suggested here, you can hang out with friends at the masjid or wherever they're going to be. Or, maybe you can persuade her to let you go to the prayer in the morning and then to school after that. Plus, look at it this way. It'll only be a couple of years until you can get your liscence, go out and not have to rely on your parents as much. Just have patience and if you're parents won't budge, listen to them, for listening to your parents for something that isn't "haram" is more important than doing something that isn't a "must" in islam.

~Ayah
                            Could you imagine xtians telling their kids to go to school on xmas day? I doubt they'd be able to enjoy xmas as much!

So tell me, why should muslim kids have to go to school on eid when xtian kids can enjoy their xtian holidays?

Comment

y dont u get a note from ur school allowing u to take the day of because of eid, and if they agree show it to ya mum.
                              [002.006 ] As for the Disbelievers, Whether thou warn them or thou warn them not it is all one for them; they believe not.
                              [002.007] Allah hath sealed their hearing and their hearts, and on their eyes there is a covering. Theirs will be an awful doom.

Comment

Working...
                              X