Is it true that if we don't keep relations

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true that if we don't keep relations

is it true that if we don't keep relations with parents sisters cousins aunts and relatives Allah will shorten our life span (its according to one hadeeth iv read and its commentary...)

Is it true?

the reason i dont want to keep is because these people have ruined my life and please if you want to say that 'oh there are others facing far worst lifestyles than you' then you may as well as not comment because Here I am talking about my situation and ur islam hasnt told that u shudnt ask these type of questions.

Anyways the reason i dont want to keep relations with these ppl is that they cause me a lot of pain since childhood and basically if you were to spend a day or a week or whatever amount and observe me you'd have pity on me. Yes It dont seem like that online when u see my posts here because internet is my only home...well was ....really if u have people who mentallly and physically torture u; u cant survive in the society.

seriouslly my lifes hell right now. i havnet evn visited the mosque in a long time and everyone has forsaken me. even my online buddies
    after all i only have allah who wud understand me and thru the quran and muhammad (comfort me) but alas the messenger isnt alive i wud have just hugged him and never let go.

so anyways does any1 noe the answer to the originall question?
    thanx dudes
    Last edited by IbnulQayyim; 19-09-10, 11:35 PM.

Re: Is it true that if we don't keep relations

The hadith I've heard is that anyone who cuts ties of kinship will not enter paradise.

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
      The hadith I've heard is that anyone who cuts ties of kinship will not enter paradise.
      there are many ahaadeeth like that and its up to Allah to enter the mu'min in heaven so yh

Comment

Originally posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
        there are many ahaadeeth like that and its up to Allah to enter the mu'min in heaven so yh
        Ofcourse Allah swt is all-forgiving but surely if you're going to cut ties you can't expect to enter jannah?

Comment

Originally posted by Yaqoot Marjaan View Post
          Ofcourse Allah swt is all-forgiving but surely if you're going to cut ties you can't expect to enter jannah?
          u can :S cuz allah is ghafur

Comment

u can :S cuz allah is ghafur
            Thats like sinning all your life and saying Allah swt is Ghafur so i'll enter Jannah.

Comment

Thats like sinning all your life and saying Allah swt is Ghafur so i'll enter Jannah.
              u can still if u have imaan ..

Comment

u can still if u have imaan ..
                Obviously you can enter Jannah in the end, but you'd most probably be punished to purify you of your sins?
                Khair, that isn't the point. Breaking ties with any muslim, let alone family is wrong, whatever the reason.

Comment

Obviously you can enter Jannah in the end, but you'd most probably be punished to purify you of your sins?
                  Khair, that isn't the point. Breaking ties with any muslim, let alone family is wrong, whatever the reason.
                  yh so do u noe if the hadeeth in my Question is true or not...

Comment

yh so do u noe if the hadeeth in my Question is true or not...
                    I havn't come across it myself. Where did you read it?

Comment

I havn't come across it myself. Where did you read it?
                      dont remember it was long time ago..

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

No but if you purposely disobey Allah after he has clearly warned you against something then you can't go expecting his mercy. There is no guarantee that anyone will enter jannah and having a laid back attitude will not help.

Comment

Originally posted by x--x View Post
                            No but if you purposely disobey Allah after he has clearly warned you against something then you can't go expecting his mercy. There is no guarantee that anyone will enter jannah and having a laid back attitude will not help.
                            Exactly! This kind of attitude is like with the christians who are like "I can do anything I want and still go to heaven as long as I believe jesus is my lord and saviour" . Live in fear of Allah.

Comment

Assalamoalaikum

Regarding cutting ties, if you do it for religeous reasons e.g. family are strong barelwis or shia etc then that is understandable. Also, say if they earn haraam money like working in banks etc you can refuse eating from their house, not going to dawats etc. That is understandable and you cannot comprimise on your deen.

Saying that you should not cut ties and should always keep in contact albeit on a formal basis.

I dont know what kind of "pain" they caused you but I find its sometimes better to stay away if you know ur not gonna get along. Not cutting ties but keeping a distance.

Comment

Working...
                              X