• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_middle_road
    started a topic Hifz Experiences

Hifz Experiences

:start:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so people ask me how did you go about memorizing the entire Qur’aan brother Aboo Thaabit? From cover to cover? Was it not difficult? How can I do something like that?

Well to be honest it is very easy and I’ll let you guys in on a secret.

Memorising the Qur’aan is extremely easy, in fact even a parrot could do it! And it is this concept you have to come to terms with.

It really has to do with the mind-set of a person, meaning if you think something is hard you will naturally find it hard but if you think something is easy, it will become easy. So when you start, have the right mind-set and Ikhlaas.

Allaah tells you in the Qur’aan itself:

وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ

Hence, indeed, We made this Qur’aan easy to remember, then is there anyone to remember it?

(Al-Qamar 54:17)

Do you then doubt Allaah?

Secondly is the issue of discipline, I cannot stress this enough, if you want to be a haafidh you have to make time to memorize.

Basically you will have to be a loner, lock yourself in your room listen to a recording over and over again.

When I used to memorize I had a tape player and I used to rewind the tape over and over again trying my best to get the pronunciation and flow of the verse correct, sometimes late into the night and I could hear the rest of the family snoring.

Also try to immerse yourself in the Qur’aan, make your breathing, eating and even your spare time into Qur’aan.

Recite it whilst walking or perhaps sitting in class waiting for the teacher to arrive.

In your sunnah prayers stop reciting soorah Kawthar and Ikhlaas, try a new soorah and master it!

One of the things that inspired me to start memorizing was when I saw the Imaams of Makkah, namely Sudais and Shuraim, leading the Taraweeh prayers.

When I saw them stand there leading so many people with that confidence reciting the verses of Allaah off by heart I thought to myself WOW! If they can do it so can I!

And whatever spare time I got not memorizing in my room I used to sit in front of the tv and listen to their recitations.

I used to quiz my friends about the Qur’aan, test them and then letting them test me.

When you love something it truly becomes a pleasure.

Remember to stop thinking about when you will be finished. I remember the day I finished my Qur’aan I was sad, people said to me this should be the happiest day in your life! I said I am sad because now I don’t have any new Qur’aan to memorize.

So do not be hasty dear brothers and sisters rather take your time, do not see memorizing the Qur’aan as a task or burden, but rather enjoy the journey and process.

I realise there are a lot of things left unmentioned but I figured there are many articles like this one all over the internet and my intention was only to inspire fellow Muslims to do the same thing as me and not to boast.

My younger brother threaded the same path as me and will finish the Qur’aan shortly too inshaaAllaah.

اللَّهُمّ اجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا

O Allaah, make us leaders for the pious!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link

• Rahma.
    replied

Jazakumullahu khayran for this thread.

I heard there are people who memorise without looking at the Mus-haf unless they really really really have to. I find this interesting.

Anyone memorise this ^ way? What's you're experience of it? I feel this will probably be very effective as the brain is forced to remember and retrieve with best effort which seems may lead to independence of the Mus-haf... ?

I've a theory that people who can't read may have better memorising skills. Cos they can't rely on getting into from reading which makes them pay attention to holding info in memory when they hear it. Take modern times for example, people don't feel the need to remember things cos they'll just search/read it on the net as and when they need it.

Listening is the original way of memorising Qur'an too, meaning, this is how the prophet, sallallahu 'alayhi wa sallam, recieved it. So it intrigues me.

I also find it amazing that the Qur'an is recited with melody and it's encouraged to beautify the voice (without exaggerating): melody really helps with memorising.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

erm not really
    since alot of it is one ayat stop think recite

only when reciting the whole surah could be but i walk slow and do it

(i recite read alot to memorise then stop imagine spelling it in my head then say it aloud )
    Okay.

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

Interesting. Do u feel out of breath when u recite while walking?
    erm not really
    since alot of it is one ayat stop think recite

only when reciting the whole surah could be but i walk slow and do it

(i recite read alot to memorise then stop imagine spelling it in my head then say it aloud )
    Last edited by Abu julaybeeb; 27-07-19, 08:35 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
    i find walking outside and memorising easier
    Interesting. Do u feel out of breath when u recite while walking?

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    i find walking outside and memorising easier

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Originally posted by Silent being View Post

That quote hit me right in the feels. I feel really low and I know why.
    I couldn't see the quote earlier when I read you post for some reason. Yeah that statement is haqq :(

Leave a comment:

• Silent being
    replied

What's the matter sis?
    That quote hit me right in the feels. I feel really low and I know why.

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied
    Originally posted by Silent being View Post
    What's the matter sis?

Leave a comment:

• Silent being
    replied
    Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    Re: Hifz Experiences

If they ask you "why are you sad?"
    Tell them truthfully and say to them
    "I rarely make istighfar and I left reading the quran"

Leave a comment:

• umrahexperts
    replied
    InshahAllah, Allah will give you a reward.

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    Me too

Please make dua for me
    [MENTION=130730]Rumaysah~[/MENTION] hope all is well. Just been reading your posts above :jkk:
    [MENTION=24647]umm uthman[/MENTION] hope all is well with yourself too
    your presence has been missed on this thread lol. Alhamdulillah sis I'm doing well.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Aww man I've missed this thread :)
    Me too

Please make dua for me
    [MENTION=130730]Rumaysah~[/MENTION] hope all is well. Just been reading your posts above :jkk:
    [MENTION=24647]umm uthman[/MENTION] hope all is well with yourself too

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

Loftiness is attained in accordance to one’s struggles
    And whoever seeks nobility, remains vigilant by night
    Whoever wishes to achieve, without due effort
    Will waste their life in seeking the impossible
    You search for glory and yet you sleep at night
    It is only the seeker of pearls who dives deep into the sea.

Shafi'i

http://www.fajr-literary.com/?p=1403

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied

Aww man I've missed this thread :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X