X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hifz Experiences

:start:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so people ask me how did you go about memorizing the entire Qur’aan brother Aboo Thaabit? From cover to cover? Was it not difficult? How can I do something like that?

Well to be honest it is very easy and I’ll let you guys in on a secret.

Memorising the Qur’aan is extremely easy, in fact even a parrot could do it! And it is this concept you have to come to terms with.

It really has to do with the mind-set of a person, meaning if you think something is hard you will naturally find it hard but if you think something is easy, it will become easy. So when you start, have the right mind-set and Ikhlaas.

Allaah tells you in the Qur’aan itself:

وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ

Hence, indeed, We made this Qur’aan easy to remember, then is there anyone to remember it?

(Al-Qamar 54:17)

Do you then doubt Allaah?

Secondly is the issue of discipline, I cannot stress this enough, if you want to be a haafidh you have to make time to memorize.

Basically you will have to be a loner, lock yourself in your room listen to a recording over and over again.

When I used to memorize I had a tape player and I used to rewind the tape over and over again trying my best to get the pronunciation and flow of the verse correct, sometimes late into the night and I could hear the rest of the family snoring.

Also try to immerse yourself in the Qur’aan, make your breathing, eating and even your spare time into Qur’aan.

Recite it whilst walking or perhaps sitting in class waiting for the teacher to arrive.

In your sunnah prayers stop reciting soorah Kawthar and Ikhlaas, try a new soorah and master it!

One of the things that inspired me to start memorizing was when I saw the Imaams of Makkah, namely Sudais and Shuraim, leading the Taraweeh prayers.

When I saw them stand there leading so many people with that confidence reciting the verses of Allaah off by heart I thought to myself WOW! If they can do it so can I!

And whatever spare time I got not memorizing in my room I used to sit in front of the tv and listen to their recitations.

I used to quiz my friends about the Qur’aan, test them and then letting them test me.

When you love something it truly becomes a pleasure.

Remember to stop thinking about when you will be finished. I remember the day I finished my Qur’aan I was sad, people said to me this should be the happiest day in your life! I said I am sad because now I don’t have any new Qur’aan to memorize.

So do not be hasty dear brothers and sisters rather take your time, do not see memorizing the Qur’aan as a task or burden, but rather enjoy the journey and process.

I realise there are a lot of things left unmentioned but I figured there are many articles like this one all over the internet and my intention was only to inspire fellow Muslims to do the same thing as me and not to boast.

My younger brother threaded the same path as me and will finish the Qur’aan shortly too inshaaAllaah.

اللَّهُمّ اجْعَلْنَا لِلْمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا

O Allaah, make us leaders for the pious!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Link
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Re: Hifz Experiences

JazakAllahu khayrun, excellent thread.

"How often we cry over Fate, but abundant good lies just behind it. O soul, it is goodness, even if it arrives after a while."

Foulana blog

Comment

may allah reward you shaykh and may allah reward you

Comment

:jkk:
        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

:jkk: . Excellent motivational thread. The few longer surahs I have learnt have been through repetition hearing of the ayah and reciting in my salaah. I also confidence to do it and Allah helped me.

I'm not great at reading Quran , so I learn my surah by ear.
          Last edited by Arsalan; 19-09-10, 08:30 PM.
          "Closer and closer to mankind comes their Reckoning: yet they heed not and they turn away" (21:1)

Comment

MAshaAllah and Thank you for that useful information.

A brother once said his method of memorising was reading the 1st word, then 1st and 2nd word, 1st 2nd 3rd word etc... because of the repitition he learnt the whole quran, mashaAllah.

I'd love to be a quran hafidh, but need to perfect my tajweed. InshaAllah.
            "Verily Allah does not look to your appearance or wealth, but he looks to your hearts and your deeds." [Sahih Muslim, Vol. 4, #6221]

Comment

The best way I did it is by listening to it really. And ofcource understanding what you're saying

Great thread tho.

Comment

u noe brother aboo thaabit too :O

nice

Comment

is this brother abu thaabit a student at madinah uni? hes been giving classes over paltalk in the summer (i think)

Comment

Jazakallah! What an excellent thread.

That is one thing I never done, listen to the recordings but I will do that now by reading this thread. Nice one.
                    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

:jkk:

Comment

I think middle road will agree with me the day you get tested and you get ijaza and your sanad is a very tearful day.

to see the name of the prophet pbuh on that paper , the fact that your now connected to rasuloolah pbuh is very emotional

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
                          Ameen :jkk: Akhi
                          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by taqwa435 View Post
                            is this brother abu thaabit a student at madinah uni? hes been giving classes over paltalk in the summer (i think)
                            yes he is

Comment

Originally posted by hamza89 View Post
                              Just so it's clear, I didn't write that post. And I'm not Abu Thabit. :p
                              "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                              (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Working...
                              X