X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_middle_road
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

1. how do you guys manage to recite 1 loooooooooooooong ayah in 1 breath, i find it sooooooo hard infact sumtyms impossible.
    You don't. You break the ayah up into smaller parts.

2. do u breath thru nose or mouth while reciting? cos i dunno how i breath but my throat get dried up pretty quick.
    Ummm, the mouth. Not really thought about it. :scratch:

Leave a comment:

• Al-hayaa
    replied

:jkk: for sharing .how on earth i missed this thread.

For me personally 'look and read' review method is more beneficial than 'listen and recite' :d, awotelse helps me is reading loudly (not loud loud lol ) while recording it

ok i have few questions:

1. how do you guys manage to recite 1 loooooooooooooong ayah in 1 breath, i find it sooooooo hard infact sumtyms impossible.

2. do u breath thru nose or mouth while reciting? cos i dunno how i breath but my throat get dried up pretty quick.
    Last edited by Al-hayaa; 01-10-10, 01:02 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Sirius
    replied

thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
    Just so it's clear, I didn't write that post. And I'm not Abu Thabit. :p
    shucks and here i was thinking i learnt your kunyah :|

Leave a comment:

• niqaabi_nusrat
    replied

:jkk:

There is much very useful advice here. I love memorising, but as an english native speaker to whom Arabic does not come easily, it often seems very difficult and is quite daunting. I am very grateful for the encouragement. I think the advice to put a fixed amount of time aside very day for memorisation is excellent. There should be no excuses. Alhumdulillah there are so many excellent resources available on-line to help with memorising these days.

Leave a comment:

• zaidfp
    replied

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
    ما شاء الله
    How long did it took you brother?
    about 5 years

Leave a comment:

• attalib84
    replied

Brother Raakin from the forum has a blog "Diaries of a Hafiz"
    It contains his Ramadan experience from leading Taraweeh, other advices on Hifz etc.

http://diariesofahafiz.com/

Leave a comment:

• .mirror.
    replied

Originally posted by zaidfp View Post
    Memorising the Qur'an can be easy but that depends on the persons commitments. For example when i did it, I use to go school and college.. so this was my daily timetable

6.30 -8.00 - hifz class
    8.45 - 3.25 - school [sometimes 4.30]
    5.00 - 7.30 - hifz class

Then I would eat, do homework and go sleep..

So for me it was quite tough.. The main thing is avoiding sin though.. A person that avoids sin will find it very easy to remember the qur'an. But obviously what the OP said is correct.

Majority of students in my area go through this timetable, so it is difficult, especially when you are in year 10/11 and college as you got tons of cw and hw...

But Allah selects which one of his servants he wants to remember his word
    ما شاء الله
    How long did it took you brother?

Leave a comment:

• hamza89
    replied

Originally posted by Jannah101 View Post
    jazakallah khayr! i think im just lacking the motivation
    Everyone needs that motivational push , its something different for everyone some people its umrah some people its hearing an ayah.

Just increase your sunnahs and duas and it should work out.

Leave a comment:

• Jannah101
    replied

jazakallah khayr! i think im just lacking the motivation

Leave a comment:

• 1MuslimByChoice
    replied

:salams

:jkk: for this thread. That ayah you posted at the end ^^^ when i first came across it and an explanation of it, it really did and has given me the boost because Allah says that He has made the Quran easy to remember but who will remember. That really helps. One main thing as well that helps is making dua. I just want to add i started personally last year ramadhan (it took me a year to complete a juzz (on and off) but i was shocked when i heard others who had completed the entire Quran in like a year, and i though to myself how can it take me one year to complete a juzz. But i have also found that being consistent is the key and as you posted in the OP when you have a love for something that really drives you forward. An fitting it into your daily routine, like walking, sitting, waiting for the microwave to finish this really helps.

I used to think that it would be such a difficult journey, but i am continuing and inshaAllah we will all get there. An make it a competition (to really kick things in) compete with someone, be the one who knows the most in your house so you motivate others to memorise as well.

Use tafsir and definety a translation so you understand and learn what you are memorising so you can act upon it. I'm telling you, this journey is the best journey ever, the sweetness of learning more and more is amazing, it increases your iman, explains situations, you will also find yourself remembering certain ayaat in particular situations walahi! Another thing, depending on what juzz/surah you are currently memorising make sure you have the next juzz on your mp3 or phone and listen to that in your spare time (because it aids in memorisation). Make it a daily part of your routine, you will become a loner, isolating yourself from the rest of the fam in the house but what better thing to isolate yourself with than the Quran.

Whoever says that memorising the Quran is difficult is lieing because Allah has made it easy.

May Allah Swt accept our actions, purify our intentions, make us act upon what we learn, increase our ranks in janaah and have mercy upon this ummah ameen

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

:start:

~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What advice would I give to those who want to memorise?
    وَلَقَدْ يَسَّرْنَا الْقُرْآنَ لِلذِّكْرِ فَهَلْ مِن مُّدَّكِرٍ

Link

Leave a comment:

• Ibn Khattab
    replied

A taste of what it feels like to memorise the Qur'an:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3Svd...eature=related

Leave a comment:

• imported_MMS
    replied

this is pretty wow, for those who can understand urdu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOWewXjUMVU

Leave a comment:

• Excuse_me
    replied

Thanks for making this thread. I want to add that you definitely need a teacher to help you with this.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X