Hifz Experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

is it better to start memorising from 'beginning-to-back' or from the 'back-to-beginning'? people i know started from back-to beginning because they found it easier but im not sure if i should memorise the quran like that or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Curious George View Post
      is it better to start memorising from 'beginning-to-back' or from the 'back-to-beginning'? people i know started from back-to beginning because they found it easier but im not sure if i should memorise the quran like that or not?
      Most people I know first do a few ajza from the back: 2 or 3 or 5. Then they start from the beginning and work their way down.

I think the main reason for that is because the end ajza are easier to memorise, especially the last juz, because it's surahs that you hear being recited in salah a lot, and which you yourself would recite in salah.
      "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
      (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Subhanallaah, 5 ajzaa, I presume someone can start with 1 juz daily and build up Inshaa'Allaah until they can read it easily?
        Laysal khaa'ifu man yabkee wa yamsahu 'ayneyhi...

Comment

Originally posted by Curious George View Post
          :salams
          for children its easier if they start with small surahs.

Comment

Originally posted by .:Hanna:. View Post
            Subhanallaah, 5 ajzaa, I presume someone can start with 1 juz daily and build up Inshaa'Allaah until they can read it easily?
            thats when your haafidh bdw otherwise you nor going be able to remember the quran well

Comment

Originally posted by .:Hanna:. View Post
              Yes of course, there's no harm in that. In fact in madrasah you do even less than that, you start out with a 1/4 juz, then half, then 3/4, then a whole juz and so on.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

How do you set a specific revision timetable for yourself? I'm finding this difficult for some reason but i've got a week of revision in shaa Allah until i continue on the journey, any tips/advices?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                  How do you set a specific revision timetable for yourself? I'm finding this difficult for some reason but i've got a week of revision in shaa Allah until i continue on the journey, any tips/advices?
                  depends on the strength of your hifz. revise a quarter, a half, or a whole juzu everyday. six days a week, and maybe take one day off.
                  or if you are only doing four or five pages or a quarter juzu a day, on the sixth day revise all that you've been revising for the last week, and try to read it in one sitting.

or another method is to simply read a certain amount everyday, 3 juzus, 5 juzus, or a manzil.
                  please do not ever rep me. jazakallah.

Comment

Originally posted by shafsbhai View Post
                    depends on the strength of your hifz. revise a quarter, a half, or a whole juzu everyday. six days a week, and maybe take one day off.
                    or if you are only doing four or five pages or a quarter juzu a day, on the sixth day revise all that you've been revising for the last week, and try to read it in one sitting.

or another method is to simply read a certain amount everyday, 3 juzus, 5 juzus, or a manzil.
                    How do you revise? I.e. from memory, reciting alongside someone, using the mushaf half an half?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

How do you revise? I.e. from memory, reciting alongside someone, using the mushaf half an half?
                      keep learning (perhaps by constantly repeating it) the ruku or page or the few lines until you can easily recite it from memory without stumbling or getting stuck. then go on to the next page or ruku. after learning all the half juzu's or quarter juzu's pages or rukus, then try to recite the whole thing from memory. preferably to someone else.

maybe someone else can elaborate or suggest a better method.
                      please do not ever rep me. jazakallah.

Comment

from memory revision is the best however siome ulema also advice 3 juzz a day from the mushaf

Comment

As for memorization , walhamdulilah, i don't have a problem with.. it's just the muraaji'ah.. now that has to be really consistent.. i was advised to to 1 juz a day of muraaji'ah to re-memorize what i've forgotten.. and 5 juzz a day for just recitation.. i find that really difficult.

And i don't know if this was already posted.. but don't forget the poem of Imam Shafi'i:
                          شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                          وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

I complained to Wakee' of my poor memorization
                          And so he advised me to give up sin,
                          He told me that knowledge is light,
                          And the light of Allah does not guide one who is disobedient..

^--- a rough translation of the poem, couldn't find the official translation.
                          º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Comment

• Last edited by Sam_87; 09-02-12, 10:32 AM.
                            Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam

Comment

What do you think..

Should a student stop memorising for a little while, maybe a week or so, to catch up with revision?
                              اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
                                What do you think..

Should a student stop memorising for a little while, maybe a week or so, to catch up with revision?
                                If there is a lot of revision that needs to be done, than I don't think that'd be such a bad idea.
                                º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Comment

Working...
                                X