• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_middle_road
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by Sam_87 View Post
    :salams

So intention is where I think Im going wrong. It migh be a silly question but how can u be sure that you have the right intentions? Sometimes I have waswas that I'm doing it for such and such reason (other than pleasing Allah).
    :wswrwb:

Good question. Make your niyyah sincerely for His sake and always make the dua mentioned in this hadith. Remember to renew your intention, at the beginning, during and after the act.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_87
    replied

:salams

So intention is where I think Im going wrong. It migh be a silly question but how can u be sure that you have the right intentions? Sometimes I have waswas that I'm doing it for such and such reason (other than pleasing Allah).

Leave a comment:

• Hamnah
    replied

^ Ameen ya Rabb.

I hope to share my experience one day soon.
    Last edited by Hamnah; 04-11-11, 08:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• inprogress
    replied

May Allah bless us with memorization of the Quran. Ameen.

Leave a comment:

• Al-Mujaahidah
    replied

mashAllah excellent thread, every1 make duaa i can start doin hifz

Leave a comment:

• Soliloquy
    replied

:jkk:

Someone should sticky this, insha'Allah.

Leave a comment:

• Excuse_me
    replied

Yes Jazakallah Khair for this thread.

Great reminder.

Leave a comment:

• *hijab*
    replied

:jkk: nice thread. Encouraging

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

:start:
    Link)

Leave a comment:

• Sam_87
    replied

Jzk akhi, May Allah SWT reward u with Ilm

Leave a comment:

• AbuQudamah
    replied

Originally posted by Sam_87 View Post
    People keep saying that the mind is at its best at fajr, but i am the only one who finds it extremely difficult? SubhanAllah maybe its to do with my eeman. Can u enlighten me in ways to stay up after fajr?
    Not only is the mind at its best and most alert, it is also witnessed by the Angels:

"Keep up prayer from the declining of the sun till the darkness of the night and the morning recitation; surely the morning recitation is witnessed." (17:78)

That should be the first thing one should keep in mind when intending to read the Qur'an after fajr: to seek the Face of Allah and enjoy the blessings of your recitation being witnessed by the Angels.

Also a practical tips that may insha Allah facilitate your reading after fajr:

1) Don't read on your bed! You will inevitably end up falling asleep.

2) Have your mashaf by your place of prayer. Simply pick it up and read it whilst on your masallah.

3) Set yourself small baby goals. Initially, intend to read only half a page and increase the amount you read daily. Insha Allah in time the sweetness of the Qur'an will permeate your tongue making you want to read more and more! insha Allah!

4) Make dua to Allah to help you and make your reading of His book easy for you. He will answer it bi'itnillah.

Incidentally, from what I've heard it takes about 2 weeks of constantly doing something daily for it to become a habit. You will feel sluggish and lazy as you embark on this noble journey but as you persevere and fight the waswas of shaytaan you will insha Allah find yourself reaching a point when you physically CAN'T go back to sleep until you've read some Qur'an!

Give yourself a 2 week target and may Allah make it easy for you and for us ajma3een!

AQ

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

No, I also don't learn that well at that time. It's probably a good time for most people, but that doesn't mean it applies to everyone.

Leave a comment:

• Sam_87
    replied

People keep saying that the mind is at its best at fajr, but i am the only one who finds it extremely difficult? SubhanAllah maybe its to do with my eeman. Can u enlighten me in ways to stay up after fajr?

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

:start:
    Continue reading

Leave a comment:

• hamza89
    replied

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
    Also read it in Tahajjud prayer. Its the best thing ever.

10 a day is quite a stretch. If I'm reading regular every day, the most juzz I can read in one go in 7 or 8 then I start to feel sickish.

There's even a hadith which says that (not the exact words) read as much as your heart allows.
    10 a day during Ramadan is do- able come on , you can do 5 juzz in about 2-3 hours if recite at a average pase and then another 3 hours after asr till magrib and your done

Leave a comment:

Working...
X