Hifz Experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

^ Ameen. During ramadhan is it advisable to go on with hifdh?
    '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent being View Post
      ^ Ameen. During ramadhan is it advisable to go on with hifdh?
      Of course, why not? Make sure to do revision too

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
        Of course, why not? Make sure to do revision too
        InshaaAllah yah. Jazakillahu khayr because it'll take more time and I heard during Ramadhan we are supposed to speed read because of the reward.
        '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

For those that Arabic is not your first language, did you find it easier to read the Qu'ran by learning Arabic before reading the Qu'ran, did you learn it as you went, or did you just read from a translated Qu'ran? thanks.

Comment

InshaaAllah yah. Jazakillahu khayr because it'll take more time and I heard during Ramadhan we are supposed to speed read because of the reward.
            Well speed read separately and work on your revision/hifdh separately too.

Originally posted by mrkmrtin View Post
            For those that Arabic is not your first language, did you find it easier to read the Qu'ran by learning Arabic before reading the Qu'ran, did you learn it as you went, or did you just read from a translated Qu'ran? thanks.
            A mix of both. I would use the translation/tafseer and learn ad-hoc.

لا تفكر كثيرا
            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Well speed read separately and work on your revision/hifdh separately too.
              Time management issues.May be lack of barakah,Allahu musta3n.

One more thing I have been trying for the longest time but still having troubles with makharij al haruf and the sifat . I make a light letter heavy If a heavy letter follows it. eg If ض follows a ش I unintentionally mufakhim the ش and some other issues. I'm familiar with tajweed rules but been struggling with those can I let it slide? plus for now I don have a teacher.

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Time management issues.May be lack of barakah,Allahu musta3n.

One more thing I have been trying for the longest time but still having troubles with makharij al haruf and the sifat . I make a light letter heavy If a heavy letter follows it. eg If ض follows a ش I unintentionally mufakhim the ش and some other issues. I'm familiar with tajweed rules but been struggling with those can I let it slide? plus for now I don have a teacher.
                Give an example. And if you wish I could help you out over skype if you don't have a teacher and need one temporarily? Lemme know

لا تفكر كثيرا
                بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Guys, i have some good news, alhamdulilah i feel a bit better now but anyway read below;

https://inheritorsofquran.wordpress....rsh-from-nafi/

لا تفكر كثيرا
                  بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

It hasn't fully sunk in yet and in shaa Allah after the graduation ceremony it will sink it. I will bring my mum with me an aunt an anyone else i can fit in so they can share the joy.

Warsh has always had a special place in my heart walahi, like soo much and i've been wanting to learn and memorise in this riwaya for a longgg time. I was shocked when i started it but even more gobsmacked that Allah allowed me to finish it. Hugging my mum and telling her was soo emo lol and i am not one to cry in front of people like that (unless it's tiny tears of joy or laughter) but it just came out.

I need to get my sheikh a gift tho so any ideas and help with that would be appreciated.

What's next? I am not entirely sure. I might do the qiraa'a of Aasim but i was thinking of doing qaaloon to finish the qiraa'a of Naafi'. I am unsure as of yet but the focus is Ramadhaan and the other thing Allah opened for me.

:) alhamdulilah

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Mabroouk ukhti. Allahumma baarik and may Allah accept it from you amin :)

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                        Ameen jazaakillahu khairan, my first ijaza for quraan lol which is very exciting. I need to get my sheikh something tho, any ideas? What is an appropiate thank-you gift from a student?

And if you wanna learn warsh, let me know

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                          Allahuma Ameen.

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Give an example. And if you wish I could help you out over skype if you don't have a teacher and need one temporarily? Lemme know
                            InshaaAllah i'll get in touch.

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

It hasn't fully sunk in yet and in shaa Allah after the graduation ceremony it will sink it. I will bring my mum with me an aunt an anyone else i can fit in so they can share the joy.

Warsh has always had a special place in my heart walahi, like soo much and i've been wanting to learn and memorise in this riwaya for a longgg time. I was shocked when i started it but even more gobsmacked that Allah allowed me to finish it. Hugging my mum and telling her was soo emo lol and i am not one to cry in front of people like that (unless it's tiny tears of joy or laughter) but it just came out.

I need to get my sheikh a gift tho so any ideas and help with that would be appreciated.

What's next? I am not entirely sure. I might do the qiraa'a of Aasim but i was thinking of doing qaaloon to finish the qiraa'a of Naafi'. I am unsure as of yet but the focus is Ramadhaan and the other thing Allah opened for me.

:) alhamdulilah
                              Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

:masha:

Alhamdulillah, I'm so happy to hear that. :D May Allah accept it from you and make it easy for you to continue your journey with the Qur'an.

(Was so happy to read this I had to come out of hibernation to say this. )
                              "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                              (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                                Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

:masha:

Alhamdulillah, I'm so happy to hear that. :D May Allah accept it from you and make it easy for you to continue your journey with the Qur'an.

(Was so happy to read this I had to come out of hibernation to say this. )
                                Wa alaykumasalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatu

Ameen ameen :jkk: for posting. I got my first ever ijaza for quraan and words cannot describe how I feel and what this means. It doesn't stop there of course but this is what I was working towards partially.

May Allah accept it from us all and reward you for your help as well through this ameen.

I was like to my mum "if I die tonight I would be so happy", the joy is just amazing.

But what I've learnt over the past week is that I need to up my game and do a lot more for the Book of Allah. Yesterday an 8 yr old boy had memorised 10 juzz and a 10 yr old girl had memorised half the quraan which made me realise how late I have left things given my age and how much time I have wasted. So I've taken a new sense of motivation and I think refreshment if I can even use that word. The aim is before I am 30 in shaa Allah to have several things done but even that might be too long.

Just some self-reflection.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                                بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Working...
                                X