Hifz Experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

[MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION] start learning arabic then you won't need to memorize the translation. It doesn't take long to start understanding some parts of the quran in arabic, then it will make remembering the translation and tafseer easier for you while your arabic improves.
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

[MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION] the translation use it literally just as a guide and take things step by step. Use tafseer ibn katheer if anything for a good tafseer and its available in English. Otherwise join the tafseer classes via ummahradio, they're really good.

Finally and most importantly learn Arabic because English sucks (with all due respect) and you will only ever understand the quraan in the language Allah revealed it. Make that a priority but for now I would say focus on hifdh and if you want to do tafseer simultaneously then I suggest joining us via ummah radio iA to benefit. Make intention for Arabic and further studies in quraan and Allah will facilitate it for you.

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
        [MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION] start learning arabic then you won't need to memorize the translation. It doesn't take long to start understanding some parts of the quran in arabic, then it will make remembering the translation and tafseer easier for you while your arabic improves.
        ^ this chumba chumba

I feel my quraan is improving a lot alhamdulilah and soon it will super solid in shaa Allah and :jkk: saaxib for your time walahi it is very much appreciated. May Allah elevate your status and grant you pardoning of your sins and lift off you any burden that is bothering you and anything or anyone who is causing you grief ameen

Ps the pink makes us glow lol looka like sisters

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
          ^ this chumba chumba

I feel my quraan is improving a lot alhamdulilah and soon it will super solid in shaa Allah and :jkk: saaxib for your time walahi it is very much appreciated. May Allah elevate your status and grant you pardoning of your sins and lift off you any burden that is bothering you and anything or anyone who is causing you grief ameen

Ps the pink makes us glow lol looka like sisters
          :jkk: and ameen!
          It's not a problem and it benefits me myself so much and in so many ways anyway.
          شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
          فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
          وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
          ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

• السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

How's it going people?

How do you train your brain to focus solely on hifz during stressful parts of the day. (Like after asr, Maghreb)

It gets a bit annoying when I've got stress on my mind, I've made dua to Allah and instantly he took my headache away n I was able to memorise my daily intake, however that was after fajr. What about when the day gets hectic, even tho u have time to memorise but bcuz of uni, it kind of feels like heads Gna explode.

Jzk khayr

Irepislam
            The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
              السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

How's it going people?

How do you train your brain to focus solely on hifz during stressful parts of the day. (Like after asr, Maghreb)

It gets a bit annoying when I've got stress on my mind, I've made dua to Allah and instantly he took my headache away n I was able to memorise my daily intake, however that was after fajr. What about when the day gets hectic, even tho u have time to memorise but bcuz of uni, it kind of feels like heads Gna explode.

Jzk khayr

Irepislam
              Wa alaykum salam iRep...subhanallah this is like a month old. sorry for not replying. :(
              I don't know about stress..normally if I get academic related stress it's because I have assignments waiting or exam to study for....so to clear my mind of the anxiety I get those things over with so my head can be at peace when reciting al-Quran.
              I tend to get very drowsy the moment I start reading Quran nowadays....so everytime I feel drowsiness or anxiety creeping in I try seeking refuge with Allah from Satan the accursed.

If you get frequent headaches sister insha allah get a bottle of water (trust me, a lot of our headaches result from being up and about school and/or work all day and not drinking enough) so you can drink frequently as it'll help with the headaches...take deep breaths when the anxiety increases and yeah...lol I don't know what else to say sister. I get chronic headaches myself so it's hard but remember the education, the matters of this dunya are only there for a time. The moment we enter jannah we will forget about all of this so try to just enjoy the time you do get with the words of Allah since that is our ticket to Jannah bi idhnilah ta'ala.

A reminder to myself because I don't always follow this :o
              I hope this helps.

-Figs
              Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

How's it going people?

Jzk khayr

Irepislam
                :wswrwb:

I try to do my memorizing in the morning and my review after Maghrib. Making it a daily routine helps me focus (i.e part of my timetable, things I absolutely don't miss out). Along with doing it always at the same place/location.

Comment

• Hifz Experiences

[MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION]

Jazakallah khayr sis. I don't feel any stress anymore.. I am so used to my routine Alhamdulilah and memorising is becoming easy...All because of Allah azzawajal. :love:
                  [MENTION=130274]Ahki Muhammad[/MENTION]

Cool. Jzk.

That's what I am doing atm.. So wake up around 5:45/6 to memorise half or 75% of what I wanna memorise that day. And go over it after every Salah and after Isha I memorise the last few ayahs and then I read it together a couple of times and then read it again in the morning from memory. Please make dua for me.
                  The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

Beautiful thread.

I used to memorise straight after fajr before school and that personally was the best time for hifz because my mind was at its most fresh state. Also the prophet saw made du'a that Allah blesses the ummah in the morning time.

The most difficult part is retaining the Hifz after finishing it. If not revised regularly, it can leave you and it will be very hard to get it back.

May Allah give us tawfeeq to carry his book in our hearts.

Comment

• May Allah keep us steadfast.

I heard that some scholars say that after you have finished memorising 10 juz you should dedicate a month to review all that you learnt, SubhanAllah.
                      Attached Files

Comment

May Allah keep us steadfast.

I heard that some scholars say that after you have finished memorising 10 juz you should dedicate a month to review all that you learnt, SubhanAllah.
                        :jkk: very good way to retain what you've learnt, revision is key while you're memorising. I would also suggest pray tahajju once in a while and read what you've memorised, teachers say that's one of the best ways to keep your hifth strong.

Comment

• Hifz Experiences

[MENTION=130748]Deeni Akh[/MENTION]

Jazakallah khayran, in sha Allah.

Comment

I don't like my Quran study circle, they're too fast alhamdhulilah I can catch up with them but I don't retain much of what I memorize plus it feels I'm moving too fast without benefiting much from the Quran. I really want to enjoy my journey with the quran but now it's seems more of a chore.I would love to leave the circle and do solo but I'm scared if I leave I'll slacken in my hifdh. What do I do? I'm in a dillema
                            '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

It's all coming closer to an end again tho i'll be carrying something else on but still. 2 further journies coming to a close. may Allah accept it from us and grant us forgiveness for all of our shortcomings and not punish us for them at all in dunya or aakhira ameen. Come Ramadhaan :insha: i'll just have one thing occupying me which will take a while. Maybe i need to start tafseer in depth tafseer and hadeeth properly. And maybe fiqh but that's too hefty.

Gosh i'm so old and there's so much to do. This is why like tmr said, we should have the quraan completed by ten then the qiraa'aat by twenty or else and then you do other stuff in your twenties.

[MENTION=129151]Silent being[/MENTION] perhaps evaluate yourself and speak to your teacher :insha:

لا تفكر كثيرا
                              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                                It's all coming closer to an end again tho i'll be carrying something else on but still. 2 further journies coming to a close. may Allah accept it from us and grant us forgiveness for all of our shortcomings and not punish us for them at all in dunya or aakhira ameen. Come Ramadhaan :insha: i'll just have one thing occupying me which will take a while. Maybe i need to start tafseer in depth tafseer and hadeeth properly. And maybe fiqh but that's too hefty.

Gosh i'm so old and there's so much to do. This is why like tmr said, we should have the quraan completed by ten then the qiraa'aat by twenty or else and then you do other stuff in your twenties.

[MENTION=129151]Silent being[/MENTION] perhaps evaluate yourself and speak to your teacher :insha:
                                That's what worries me sometimes...I have SO much to learn and benefit from in terms of the Quran and Deen and so little time in this Dunya with other things competing for our attention. Not coming on forum has helped me tremendously but I still get that anxiety.. seeing other sisters knowing so much more. :/

And I can't wait for Ramadan this year....it seems so near yet so far, may Allah allow us another Ramadan, and accept our efforts for it insha allah. Ameen.
                                Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

Working...
                                X