Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
    Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh. Hope you are all in the best of health and iman in Sha Allah.

Is anyone here doing hifz alongside secular studies? I'm doing it alongside university Alhamdulillah, and I wanted advice, right now alhamdulilah the plan is to memorise after fajr and after isha in the evenings (6pm), I hope that's enough time in Sha Allah and for now I'm only memorising about half a page a day and minimum in Sha Allah will be 3-5 pages a week once I get going. I often feel like I neglect my secular studies because of my passion for something which I love (The Quran) so I see myself spending more time memorising the quran and sometimes even memorising in the middle of secular studies revision, I want to put the same amounts of effort for both hifz and secular studies. So I wanted some advice on that. Also can you all please make dua for me, I have noticed that the more you memorise the more it gets easier Alhamdulillah. Also a reminder to all the least we could do is memorise the Quran, make sure your intentions are correct in sha Allah. And remember sisters, we are going to be the mothers for the next generation bi ithnillah and how beautiful is it to get the solid foundation out of the way (memorising the quran yourself) and be able to help your future kids :insha: get through such a beautiful journey, may Allah reward you all and forgive us for our sins.

Btw I always feel emotional about hifz ... esp right now coz its the beginning of my journey I feel a sense of relief, like I can finally start what ive always wanted to do bi ithnillah ta'allah

Just regret not starting earlier but Alhamdulillah.

Oh and also right now I'm memorising about 8 - 10 ayahs a day, is that okay for a beginner level? I review all that I learnt in the morning around evening time and also the next day. Also, I heard looking at the translation of the quran makes hifz easier, how can I go by that in Sha Allah? should I just keep the translation alongside my mushaf and look at both when memorising?

Jzk.
    Salams ukhti

Alhamdulillah, i'm so proud of you sis, like always.

I used to neglect my secular studies also. When i had to chose between the Quran and secular studies, i would always chose the Quran. The Quran is my passion and memorising and reciting is never a burden for me, unlike secular studies. So its quite natural how your spending more time with the Quran (because nothing interests a muslims more than the Quran) than your secular studies. Best thing to do is make a timetable and stick with it, or else everything will get jumbled. It will also teach you discipline and to be organised, in shaa Allah.

Same sis, I'm such an emotional being when it comes to hifth. I can't help feeling this way and i honestly can't imagine the day i complete it (in shaa Allah). I will probably faint from excitement/nervousness/emotions/fears, etc. And yeh very true sis @ the sense of relief you feel when you finally do what you wished for years. I never could get myself to do it due to high school and the lot, and when i finally began it was a dream come true. Like is this finally happening.. i still can't believe it.

8-10 ayats is fine. Like i've mentioned before its quality that matters not quantity. Don't overburden yourself or else you will fall back hard. Go at your own speed and follow your teachers lead, in shaa Allah, she knows how much to feed you (according to the work you are able to complete daily).

I don't see how english translations help, unless you know the actual meaning of the word itself. Because with most english translations, its the whole ayaat that gets translated. Maybe if you learnt the words on its own, bit by bit that may help you. But personally i believe learning Arabic is the best and will get you there in due time, in shaa Allah. That being said, don't overburden yourself too much cause again, you will get stressed and drop out easily. Take it slow and steady sis, and remember Allah swt wants to see effort. As long as you show him your time and effort then thats all that matters, Alhamdulillah.

Ameen to you du'a.

May Allah swt make us and all those whom wish to complete the memorisation of the Quran become hufath, Ameen.
    Last edited by Peony.; 08-01-16, 09:48 AM.
    All humans are dead, except those who have knowledge.
    And all those who have knowledge are asleep, except those who do good deeds.
    And those who do good deeds are deceived, except those who are sincere.
    And those who are sincere are always in a state of worry.

Imam Shafi'i (رحمه الله)

Comment

Originally posted by vildan View Post
      Salams ukhti

Alhamdulillah, i'm so proud of you sis, like always.

I used to neglect my secular studies also. When i had to chose between the Quran and secular studies, i would always chose the Quran. The Quran is my passion and memorising and reciting is never a burden for me, unlike secular studies. So its quite natural how your spending more time with the Quran (because nothing interests a muslims more than the Quran) than your secular studies. Best thing to do is make a timetable and stick with it, or else everything will get jumbled. It will also teach you discipline and to be organised, in shaa Allah.

Same sis, I'm such an emotional being when it comes to hifth. I can't help feeling this way and i honestly can't imagine the day i complete it (in shaa Allah). I will probably faint from excitement/nervousness/emotions/fears, etc. And yeh very true sis @ the sense of relief you feel when you finally do what you wished for years. I never could get myself to do it due to high school and the lot, and when i finally began it was a dream come true. Like is this finally happening.. i still can't believe it.

8-10 ayats is fine. Like i've mentioned before its quality that matters not quantity. Don't overburden yourself or else you will fall back hard. Go at your own speed and follow your teachers lead, in shaa Allah, she knows how much to feed you (according to the work you are able to complete daily).

I don't see how english translations help, unless you know the actual meaning of the word itself. Because with most english translations, its the whole ayaat that gets translated. Maybe if you learnt the words on its own, bit by bit that may help you. But personally i believe learning Arabic is the best and will get you there in due time, in shaa Allah. That being said, don't overburden yourself too much cause again, you will get stressed and drop out easily. Take it slow and steady sis, and remember Allah swt wants to see effort. As long as you show him your time and effort then thats all that matters, Alhamdulillah.

Ameen to you du'a.

May Allah swt make us and all those whom wish to complete the memorisation of the Quran become hufath, Ameen.
      :wswrwb:

May Allah reward you for your determination and connection with Him azzawajal and grant you jannatul firdaus..

:jkk: in Sha Allah I will schedule all my time effectively and discipline myself in regards to both of my studies.

allahuma ameen

And yes, in Sha Allah maybe Arabic is best in the near future. Jzk
      The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

[MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION] and [MENTION=72222]F_R[/MENTION] ,any tips ?
        Ya Allah,
        Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
        "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

[MENTION=71631]iRepIslam[/MENTION] that is actually a good amount for beginner's level. :) Just do whatever amount you can without overburdening yourself and then you can gradually go further and further. A mistake I made when first started was comparing myself to others. My sister, upon starting was able to do one page daily, and masha allah she had great memory so I would be envious when she did like two pages of hifz in under fifteen minutes whereas I could only manage a half page after like maybe an hour or so. So I tried to do more...and more and I stressed out, my progress became slow and I kind of gave up.

That's why I always tell others to go at their own pace, not compare themselves to others and gradually do more/increase insha allah. [MENTION=72222]F_R[/MENTION] am I right sis?

I'm doing secular education too along with the hifth. I think my issue was and still is maintaining a healthy balance. Especially when I started I was very excited so my marks went down in school....elders were unhappy so I started putting effort in school and my Quran progress went down....so I charted times where I'd dedicate to Quran and basically set it up like that. However I was cut of from hifth for quite a while and recently returned to it so I am pretty much back in square one, having returned to where I left off.

I think you are doing the right thing and as long as you keep doing what you are you will make good progress bi idhnillah.

[MENTION=116227]vildan[/MENTION] Lol that is me....I can't wait honestly....I feel like I have been on it forever.....I long to one day open the Quran and actually realizing I recognize every ayah because I went thru it...especially because review is my favorite thing, I love going over the suwar I passed and reviewing and stuff....doing the new portions is the more difficult thing that requires motivation and effort from my part. I remember my younger sister, when she finished it last year (she has a much better memorizing capacity than me alhamdulillah) she was kind of happy but calm and I remember calling and telling her 'Aren't you like SOOOOO excited???!!! You finished the THE WORD OF ALLAH! WHATS WRONG WITH YOU ARENT YOU HAPPY?!!' Lol she was like 'calm down Figs, jeez.'

I never understood it and I was screaming into the phone out of excitement lool and she was like 'calm down.' I feel embarrassed remembering but that was how it was for me.
          Thee do we worship, and Thine aid we seek.

Comment

• Hifz Experiences

:jkk: [MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION]

I hope I'm balancing my time in sha Allah. I think I am. Like with Quran il spend like an hour in the morning and secular maybe an hour too..... That's coz I had to go to work after that. But days when I'm not working I do hifz in morning and evening like normal and secular in between, please make dua for my exam which is in two weeks in sha Allah.
            The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: “It will be said to the companion of the Qur’an: ‘Read, and ascend, and recite as you used to recite in the [previous] world, for your status will be according to the last verse that you recite.’” [At-Tirmidhi (2914) and Abu Dawood (1464)]

Comment

• [MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION]

I wanted to say we should do what FR suggested a couple of pages ago where we solely leave Quran as Quran and we shouldn't link it with other studies.. Like quran/hifz should be a must just like salah and anything we do for Allah will indeed bring goodness, so carry on sis and make sure Quran is separate to dunyah things, see it as a form of Ibadah (what ur doing ie memorising) and nothing is too much Ibadah. And pleasing Allah will indeed bring goodness rather than failure. (As [MENTION=130748]Deeni Akh[/MENTION] once said) so yeah, do what u can for Allah and have tawakkul. We can do it by his will.

Hope I explained that well.

Comment

[MENTION=71631]iRepIslam[/MENTION]

okay sis:love:

By balancing time I kind of meant not completely neglecting one for the other, although Qur'an certainly should always have priority, and not actually doing it side by side though, lol I think I should have been clearer, sorry:o. Like you said, [MENTION=72222]F_R[/MENTION] is right that we gotta make'em seperate things.

Comment

• Hifz Experiences

[MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION]

Yeah I know what u mean sis. Don't apologise!! May Allah reward you, :)

Comment

I've been annoyed and sad at how memorising has become so difficult for me.
                    It's so heavy on me i feel like i'm moving a mountain and at the end of it all i don't get anywhere.
                    I can't see what i'm doing wrong.

I lost count how many times i've stopped classes before but i'm tempted to stop them again because every class is just embarrassing right now. It gets worse each lesson.
                    I don't know what keeps me going.
                    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
                    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
                    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
                    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

[MENTION=71631]iRepIslam[/MENTION] [MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION] did i not reply to you guys? I swear i did but i can't see it :/

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
                      [MENTION=125704]Figs[/MENTION]

I wanted to say we should do what FR suggested a couple of pages ago where we solely leave Quran as Quran and we shouldn't link it with other studies.. Like quran/hifz should be a must just like salah and anything we do for Allah will indeed bring goodness, so carry on sis and make sure Quran is separate to dunyah things, see it as a form of Ibadah (what ur doing ie memorising) and nothing is too much Ibadah. And pleasing Allah will indeed bring goodness rather than failure. (As [MENTION=130748]Deeni Akh[/MENTION] once said) so yeah, do what u can for Allah and have tawakkul. We can do it by his will.

Hope I explained that well.
                      Originally posted by Figs View Post
                      [MENTION=71631]iRepIslam[/MENTION]

okay sis:love:

By balancing time I kind of meant not completely neglecting one for the other, although Qur'an certainly should always have priority, and not actually doing it side by side though, lol I think I should have been clearer, sorry:o. Like you said, [MENTION=72222]F_R[/MENTION] is right that we gotta make'em seperate things.
                      I remember replying to you guys but it's not here.

Anyway, it wasn't me who said to separate Quraan, it was my teacher because i was having the same issues in terms of balancing everything. She said to give quraan its own time and to keep it separate from everything else. I think i wrote something on it.
                      Last edited by F_R; 15-01-16, 01:41 PM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

• [MENTION=72222]F_R[/MENTION] no you didn't reply. X

Comment

Originally posted by @ahmadmusajibril
                          #Free_Nasr_Alfhd #ناصر_الفهد He began memorizing the Koran at age of 24. It took him three months to memorize the entire Koran.
                          If anyone thinks they're too old, then you're not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
                            I've been annoyed and sad at how memorising has become so difficult for me.
                            It's so heavy on me i feel like i'm moving a mountain and at the end of it all i don't get anywhere.
                            I can't see what i'm doing wrong.

I lost count how many times i've stopped classes before but i'm tempted to stop them again because every class is just embarrassing right now. It gets worse each lesson.
                            I don't know what keeps me going.
                            Don't give up! One of my greatest regrets in life was not persevering in the Quran when it gets difficult!

Remember our journey with it only ends with death my dear sister, so don't feel pressured to make a ton of progress. I find that I do my best (which isnt much to speak of lol) when I do what I can but not put any expectations as to how much or how little I should be moving.
                            And you're so passionate about this, dont stop now sis, you can do this bi idhnillah ta'ala~!!!

-Figs

Comment

There is nothing better than the Quraan i swear. Starting your day and ending your day with it. It makes you more happier in your day and just makes things better.

May Allah accept it from us and pardon us of all of our sins ameen

لا تفكر كثيرا
                              بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                              www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                                There is nothing better than the Quraan i swear. Starting your day and ending your day with it. It makes you more happier in your day and just makes things better.

May Allah accept it from us and pardon us of all of our sins ameen
                                I agree:inlove: it's just sad for me that I haven't reached that point where I actually do this on a daily basis, may Allah (swt) increase the taqwa and forgive me ameen.

Okay sis I have a question, I do believe I asked this before somewhere on forum, I will ask again tho insha allah.
                                how can I study the normal Quranic tafseer? Like the meaning of the quran itself? Reason I ask is, I have a Muhsin Khan translation. So from there I tried to do a tafseer study regimen where I memorize the English. I remember it took a very long time to memorize Fatiha and even longer to get used to having the meaning ingrained in my brain in salah. When I read fatiha in salah it's still sometimes difficult to remember the meaning of the ayat, especially the last one.

So after surat al fatiha I essentially gave up. I used to study some tafseer of random portions with a teacher in school but that was long ago and I don't have a full-time schedule to devote to tafseer only. How do you study it and how can I get more of the Quranic tafseer to stick to my brain? I want to start all over and keep up with a daily regimen bi idhnillah ta'ala. Some advice would be helpful insha allah. Also, do you think Muhsin Khan is an okay translation? I've heard good things about Yusuf Ali and Sahih International as well. I only use Muhsin Khan because thats the one I have a hard copy of.

What do you do?

-Figs

Comment

Working...
                                X