X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kas1m
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

Yeah short ayah are challenging. Surah Shu'rah is one example.

But Alhamdulillah I manage to absorb them well. I haven't listened to audio recitation ever, maybe ill start adding that in my time.

Leave a comment:

• Abdullah Fatih
    replied

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
    I find Surah Saad and Saaffaat tricky and the thing which helps is repetition and practice. Plus listening to recitation continuously etc.
    I definately agree with you on saffat. Short ayaats get me the most.

Leave a comment:

• MWarrior
    replied

I find Surah Saad and Saaffaat tricky and the thing which helps is repetition and practice. Plus listening to recitation continuously etc.

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

Theres a few ayahs (229 to 237) in Surah Baqarah which I have struggled from day one and no matter how much I memorize them, they just don't sit in my mind. Its very frustrating. Does this happen to you or only me? Is there any way I could solve this problem?

Leave a comment:

• Abdullah Fatih
    replied

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
    There's nothing nicer than memorising a fresh new page of the Qur'an, and reciting the ayaat over and over again to get it into your head. Alhamdulillah.

And counting the pages before you finish the surah. :)

I'll only recite to my teachers (for class) otherwise in a quiet room all by myself. I can't concentrate otherwise.
    i tell ya, my environment was more like... a million students all bobbing their heads down and up (if u guys know what i'm talking about) while all reading at the top of their voices. and having teachers on stand by ready to chase you to the other side of the masjid if you were fooling around.. lol i think they purposely gave us a little time to try and escape.. goood times, good times..

Leave a comment:

• Hamnah
    replied

There's nothing nicer than memorising a fresh new page of the Qur'an, and reciting the ayaat over and over again to get it into your head. Alhamdulillah.

And counting the pages before you finish the surah. :)

I'll only recite to my teachers (for class) otherwise in a quiet room all by myself. I can't concentrate otherwise.
    Last edited by Hamnah; 04-03-12, 09:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ~ Jumana ~
    replied

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
    True. Some people say that the best years of your life are when you're in college / university. It's a lie. The best years of your life are when you're learning the Qur'an.

I miss the quran institute dearly too :( ....ufff... it is definately the best place to meet great sisters and to remember Allah and the hereafter.Every time i go there i come with my heart filled with love to quran and the deen.

Inshallah i will try to squeeze a time in my timetable to go there again.

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

Originally posted by ImaanSeeker View Post
    Me too. Some of the best times of my life. Alhamdulillah.
    True. Some people say that the best years of your life are when you're in college / university. It's a lie. The best years of your life are when you're learning the Qur'an.

Leave a comment:

• ImaanSeeker
    replied

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
    I miss being in a hifz school.
    Me too. Some of the best times of my life. Alhamdulillah.

Leave a comment:

• Excuse_me
    replied

Originally posted by -Fady- View Post
    I like reciting in the car. You can do it loud without being annoying to anyone.
    same here. You do get a few funny looks when your at a stop light and trying to recite with your best voice.

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
    Those who have finished, do you miss memorising?
    Never really thought about it before, but now that you mention it, then a little bit. I miss being in a hifz school.

You always have to maintain and improve what you've learnt though.

Leave a comment:

• Hamnah
    replied

Those who have finished, do you miss memorising?

Leave a comment:

• -Fady-
    replied

Originally posted by islam lover View Post
    Alhumdulillah I also learned a few surahs this way. I always listen to quran in the car and at the moment i am listening to surah Yasin. InshaAllah I will know it all soon. It is a very easy way to learn it.
    I like reciting in the car. You can do it loud without being annoying to anyone.

Leave a comment:

• islam lover
    replied

Alhumdulillah I also learned a few surahs this way. I always listen to quran in the car and at the moment i am listening to surah Yasin. InshaAllah I will know it all soon. It is a very easy way to learn it.

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

Working...
X