• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_middle_road
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
    How do you solve a sore throat?

Cause everyday we have to recite a lot and my voice is strained towards the end of the day (when reciting, not talking). I'm not a man, I don't have a strong voice. :|
    Ummm, lozenges?

Originally posted by geeksupremo View Post
    :salams

SubhanaAllah, reading this thread really makes me want to memorize the Qur'an too! I only know some short surah though.

How does one start to memorize the Qur'an? I mean, what do I need? Other than determination of course. Is it hard? I don't have a teacher at the moment, can I start memorizing the shorter/easier surah on my own? I really want to memorize the Qur'an, but I'm just so scared if I only do it halfway, if you guys know what I mean.

By the way if there is another thread discussing about how to start memorize the Qur'an can someone please direct me to it
    :wswrwb:

Having a teacher is essential so you'll need to get one at some point if you're really serious about it. He will then guide you as to what you need to do. Some would say that it's possible to do it on your own but I wouldn't advise it.

Leave a comment:

• geeksupremo
    replied

:salams

SubhanaAllah, reading this thread really makes me want to memorize the Qur'an too! I only know some short surah though.

How does one start to memorize the Qur'an? I mean, what do I need? Other than determination of course. Is it hard? I don't have a teacher at the moment, can I start memorizing the shorter/easier surah on my own? I really want to memorize the Qur'an, but I'm just so scared if I only do it halfway, if you guys know what I mean.

By the way if there is another thread discussing about how to start memorize the Qur'an can someone please direct me to it

Leave a comment:

• Hamnah
    replied

How do you solve a sore throat?

Cause everyday we have to recite a lot and my voice is strained towards the end of the day (when reciting, not talking). I'm not a man, I don't have a strong voice. :|

Leave a comment:

• sis_on_sunnah
    replied

:jkk: great thread tabarak'Allah.

Does anybody memorise using the mauritanian method? ie, reciting the ayah 100 times (actually more than that) and then seeing what you have memorised? (i think that's the mauritanian way, i might be wrong!) i think that method is quite effective, especially for ayaat that you find difficult to remember.

Listening to audio of the quraan helps too, because sometimes when you get to an ayah that you have never memorised before, you are able to memorise it soo quickly and you find yourself actually knowing the ayah... it's quite encouraging actually and just motivates you.

I deffo agree with knowing what you are reciting helps. It is soo useful to learn fusha whilst doing hifdh because it assists you along the way.

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala help us all.
    Last edited by sis_on_sunnah; 10-03-12, 10:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• -Fady-
    replied

Surah Saffat was pretty easy to memorise for me. It's mostly stories of Prophets so it made it easier.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Twinkle_Toes View Post
    r they doing hifdh at home? or at a school? or masjid?
    they/he/she are doing it at home but will start inshaaAllah going elsewhere so a mix

Leave a comment:

• Twinkle_Toes
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    he/they/the person has been revising during the period they couldn't memorise.

Hmm....i've answered my own question alhamdulilah. :jkk: ^
    r they doing hifdh at home? or at a school? or masjid?
    Last edited by Twinkle_Toes; 07-03-12, 10:12 PM. Reason: got bullied about my spelling... :(

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

he/they/the person has been revising during the period they couldn't memorise.

Hmm....i've answered my own question alhamdulilah. :jkk: ^

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

If he has forgotten it then he should start memorizing again.

One bit of advice from experience is this when you memorize a fresh verse or a page and if it is your FIRST time memorizing then you might want to do it properly and firmly and make sure it is mistake proof. Because the mistakes you make, they come in the long run and it is quite hard to get rid of them as you get used to it. So do it right the first time.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
    What do you mean? Its already been memorized so just review it and that's it.
    I mean, say something happens and it was meant to happen as it was written for you. It therefore jolted your path of memorisation and sort of pushed you off the path, you stumbled. Now you're trying to stand up and get your feet back on the path. What way would you do that i.e how do you get back on the path of memorising/reciting regularly etc?

Any clearer?

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

I mean, how do you guys get back on track. Do you start reviewing and then delve back into memorising or..?
    What do you mean? Its already been memorized so just review it and that's it.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

I mean, how do you guys get back on track. Do you start reviewing and then delve back into memorising or..?

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

Question: How do you get yourself back on track if you've been absent from your hifdh for a short period?
    Start reading in your prayer or just sit and read the Quran slowly. You will get into it because once you start reading, you don't feel like stopping. I think its not that hard to get back on track.

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

Question: How do you get yourself back on track if you've been absent from your hifdh for a short period?
    Dhikr. Maybe other posters have other suggestions Insha'allah.

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
    I find Surah Saad and Saaffaat tricky and the thing which helps is repetition and practice. Plus listening to recitation continuously etc.
    Studying the tafseer/meaning helps. Esp with the shorter verses.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X