• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by Sam_87 View Post
    ^
    How long is "after a while"?

Sleep hours: 6-7

:jkk:
    As-salaamu 'alaykum

You always make me laugh lol!

If you do it every day and ensure you have your normal 6-7 hours of a sleep a day then it'll take 1-2 weeks but if you find you're still getting tired then take a break and 'refresh' your mind in between Inshaa'Allaah.

Hope it goes well!
    Laysal khaa'ifu man yabkee wa yamsahu 'ayneyhi...

Comment

MashaAllah! MashaAllah!

Wow, this has given me confidence for some reason. :) InshaAllah I achieve this too! I love the line of how we think something is hard, it will naturally be hard, but if we think something is easy, it will be easier to do. Alhumdulillah.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
      [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_87 View Post
        ^
        How long is "after a while"?

Sleep hours: 6-7

:jkk:
        That varies from person to person but on average IMHO it shouldnt take more than a month (max) for your body to adapt. For me alhamdulillah a couple of weeks and am fine.

And personally for me 6-7 hours sleep per day is on the lower end of what I need. Again, this slightly varies for everyone.

Anyways, if you have recently just got into this routine then my advice would be to stick with it for 2 weeks then see how you feel. You should slowly see Improvements Inshallah.

Comment

Listening worked wonders for me. :D

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

Comment

How do people cope with being sick and that therefore affecting their hifdh? For example, say qadrAllah you were really ill for few weeks and that ultimately affected your concentration, routine, emotional stress etc all these factors therefore having a huge effect on your hifdh.

لا تفكر كثيرا
            بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
            The children need your prayers more than anyone else
            www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Families_Relief View Post
              How do people cope with being sick and that therefore affecting their hifdh? For example, say qadrAllah you were really ill for few weeks and that ultimately affected your concentration, routine, emotional stress etc all these factors therefore having a huge effect on your hifdh.
              Then all you do is that you stop learning more, and you go over everything you've done, once you've repaired what you've lost, then you carry on moving forward again.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                thats the best time to do revision and read on yourself from memory as the Quran is shifaa a cure.

Comment

How do people do their review (muraja'a)? And how many hours do you spend daily on reviewing?
                  Laysal khaa'ifu man yabkee wa yamsahu 'ayneyhi...

Comment

Originally posted by .:Hanna:. View Post
                    How do people do their review (muraja'a)? And how many hours do you spend daily on reviewing?
                    I do my muraja'ah by listening and asking one of my lazy sisters to listen to my recitation and it does help more when listening rather than just reading.

Comment

well obv, it will affect ur concentration but how long are u gona be ill for? :S
                      not long and if its affecting u too much then just revise what u already know.

Comment

Originally posted by .:Hanna:. View Post
                        the shuyuukh have different opinion for example shaykh ibraheem al akhdar opinion is 3 juzz a day , i know that my Father told me the shuyukh of Somalia advocate 5 juzz a day.
                        It is said that shaykh zayyaat may mery opinion him used to read 10-15 juzz a day.

so it differs , but shaykh ibraheem says that minimum three khatmas a month meaning a khatma every 10 days and my shuyuukh are of the opinion a khatma every week.

shaykh zayaat and some of the major muqriyeen of our time say a khatma every 3 days

In general the least i have heard is 3 juzz a day

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
                          the shuyuukh have different opinion for example shaykh ibraheem al akhdar opinion is 3 juzz a day , i know that my Father told me the shuyukh of Somalia advocate 5 juzz a day.
                          It is said that shaykh zayyaat may mery opinion him used to read 10-15 juzz a day.

so it differs , but shaykh ibraheem says that minimum three khatmas a month meaning a khatma every 10 days and my shuyuukh are of the opinion a khatma every week.

shaykh zayaat and some of the major muqriyeen of our time say a khatma every 3 days

In general the least i have heard is 3 juzz a day
                          MashaAllah MashaAllah, Tabarak Allah. May Allah make u and us from al-Salihooon

Comment

We should enjoy our path of hifdh and not rush it, right?
                            Also, say if someone wants to learn different qira'at, how would they revise both once they learn them e.g. hafs and warsh, how would they revise them? Do people tend to stick to one?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                            www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

We should enjoy our path of hifdh and not rush it, right?
                              Also, say if someone wants to learn different qira'at, how would they revise both once they learn them e.g. hafs and warsh, how would they revise them? Do people tend to stick to one?
                              Rushing doesn't help anyone
                              You learn them when you master a one riwaaya i.e. hafs then you learn the entire qirah of imam aasim and learning the differences between hafs and shoba. after this you will start to study the Qiraat by way of imam shatibi.

revision is by way of having a khatma for every riwaaya i tend to read by reading every verse in a report and then continueing to the next verse it takes a while but allah will make it easy.

most will never learn more than 1 riwaaya but its becoming a increasingly popular science due to tv exposure and recitors having more of a daeee position nowadays

Comment

If someone told me I have to do 5 juzz a day, this would be too much, because I also study other subjects. Now if someone was free then no problem.

Personally I would just talk to my teacher, he/she will tell you how much you can do and how much you are capable of, they would give tests too.

But listening to recitation helps so much. I was reading one of the experiences that was posted by tmr and the person was saying that it kinda fixes the ayaat in your head (I don't know exactly what he/she mentioned) but I know what they mean. It has helped me a lot, alhamdulillah.
                                Last edited by Hamnah; 23-01-12, 04:22 PM.
                                اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Working...
                                X