• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AbulUthman
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    special paper? lol no, not that i know of. you should write the quraan from memory whatever you have innit, that's the idea as far as i've understood it

imagine having that and then showing your grandchildren, that would be cool
    i'll try inshaAllah, caught up in revision these days smh

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
    My writing is horrible but that sounds like an good idea.
    What kind of stuff should I write it on? Is there any specific kind of paper I should use?
    special paper? lol no, not that i know of. you should write the quraan from memory whatever you have innit, that's the idea as far as i've understood it

imagine having that and then showing your grandchildren, that would be cool

Leave a comment:

• AbulUthman
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    Have you written your own mushaf yet? I remember brother AhlulQuraan88 mentioning this and that it helps with hifdh. It would be good to do and have a teacher check it before we go further.
    My writing is horrible but that sounds like an good idea.
    What kind of stuff should I write it on? Is there any specific kind of paper I should use?

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
    If you have a bad memory (nobody has a bad memory you're just not trying hard enough), you should recall (not repeat) an ayah for like 50-100 times. This is what some people do in Mauritania.
    Have you written your own mushaf yet? I remember brother AhlulQuraan88 mentioning this and that it helps with hifdh. It would be good to do and have a teacher check it before we go further.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by zantz View Post
    Please make dua I get photographic memory
    We all have that in a sense which is why we should be using one single mushaf so we picture it when it comes to reciting. May Allah increase our memory for khair ameen

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    There's something about the quran, something about the language, the arabic. It does something to the heart when you understand it which you don't even get as much with only a translation.

Last few weeks I realised Allah sent something my way that I was making dua for, now it's up to me to take it and stick through with it.
    I've gone on for long enough now I think, need to wrap it up and finish what I have left soon.
    I realised being a perfectionist gets you nowhere, when you let go of trying to get things perfect (which will never happen) and you are in a much calmer relaxed state of mind, you will memorize easily.
    This is true

May Allah make you successful in dunya an aakhira ameen

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

There's something about the quran, something about the language, the arabic. It does something to the heart when you understand it which you don't even get as much with only a translation.

Last few weeks I realised Allah sent something my way that I was making dua for, now it's up to me to take it and stick through with it.
    I've gone on for long enough now I think, need to wrap it up and finish what I have left soon.
    I realised being a perfectionist gets you nowhere, when you let go of trying to get things perfect (which will never happen) and you are in a much calmer relaxed state of mind, you will memorize easily.

Leave a comment:

• AbulUthman
    replied

If you have a bad memory (nobody has a bad memory you're just not trying hard enough), you should recall (not repeat) an ayah for like 50-100 times. This is what some people do in Mauritania.

Leave a comment:

• zantz
    replied

Please make dua I get photographic memory

Leave a comment:

• *sheba*
    replied

Originally posted by Arvin88 View Post
    A brother once said his method of memorising was reading the 1st word, then 1st and 2nd word, 1st 2nd 3rd word etc... because of the repitition he learnt the whole quran, mashaAllah.
    MashaAllah.

How long did it take him to memories the Quran?

Leave a comment:

• Arvin88
    replied

A brother once said his method of memorising was reading the 1st word, then 1st and 2nd word, 1st 2nd 3rd word etc... because of the repitition he learnt the whole quran, mashaAllah.

Leave a comment:

• n0.n4m3
    replied

This is a book which tells about the Ayahs in the Qur'an that have similarities.

http://library.tafsir.net/book/7490

Leave a comment:

• AbulUthman
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Aaliyah_h
    replied

This is a great thread

:jkk:

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Figs View Post
    That's what worries me sometimes...I have SO much to learn and benefit from in terms of the Quran and Deen and so little time in this Dunya with other things competing for our attention. Not coming on forum has helped me tremendously but I still get that anxiety.. seeing other sisters knowing so much more. :/

And I can't wait for Ramadan this year....it seems so near yet so far, may Allah allow us another Ramadan, and accept our efforts for it insha allah. Ameen.
    in some ways we are young and in other ways we are old if we look at what is awaiting us on our 'to-do' lists. we will get there in shaa Allah and you have more time than others (considering you are younger than others) so there is a positive thing.

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
    I was supposed to finish around the Ramadan before the last one, then it was the last Ramadan, here is the 3rd one coming...
    The people I used to go classes with finished ages ago
    What a fail
    I'm embarrassed to say how many years it's been lol
    Couldn't memorize anything recently so I stopped my classes as well.
    It's mostly not in my control although I'm also partly to blame. Nothing can be done about it, just sabr I guess.
    keep going although your situation is different, just never stop it, you will reach the end sooner or later anyway :insha:

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

I was supposed to finish around the Ramadan before the last one, then it was the last Ramadan, here is the 3rd one coming...
    The people I used to go classes with finished ages ago
    What a fail
    I'm embarrassed to say how many years it's been lol
    Couldn't memorize anything recently so I stopped my classes as well.
    It's mostly not in my control although I'm also partly to blame. Nothing can be done about it, just sabr I guess.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X