• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Interview with Muslim Life Hackers on Qur’an Memorisation

"And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

This gets me everytime

Blind boy - I thank Allah for this gift upon me, for taking my ability to see from me

All praise is due to Allah, I thank Him for this blessing.

When I pray I don’t ask Allah to give me the ability to see again

..so that I may ask Allah to excuse me on the day of judgement, so He may make my judgement easier for me on the day of judgement and he may reduce my torment with his excuse.

When I stand in front of him afraid and shaking and He will ask me ‘what did you do with this Qur’an?’

So perhaps Allah may make things easy upon me and Allah bestows His mercy upon whomsoever He wills

Host - It was at this moment I realised the situation of many Muslims who have their sight but are too lazy in memorising the Qur’an. Ya Allah, how would they ask Allah to excuse them on the day of judgement?

My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
      As You have sanctified Your house,
      Make my heart as protected and as honoured
      In which permission of entry
      Is only granted to a few,
      Please Allah, allow my heart
      To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
      when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
      In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Would those "best teacher" mugs and some scottish short bread be a good "british" gift for a teacher?

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
          Would those "best teacher" mugs and some scottish short bread be a good "british" gift for a teacher?
          That sounds like a neat little gift - my colleague recently received a 'Miss *insert name*' mug - looked so good :masha:

*Bump*

---

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise867 View Post
            That sounds like a neat little gift - my colleague recently received a 'Miss *insert name*' mug - looked so good :masha:

*Bump*
            :insha: :jkk:

لا تفكر كثيرا
            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise867 View Post
              Part 2
              • Breaking Barriers

TIME

One major barrier, everyone complains about is time. We don't seem to have enough of it. How many hours are there in a day and night? 24. Point being, time doesn't increase or decrease for a person, it's all about how we utilize it - develop time management skills.

It was once said to Imam al-Sha'bi: "How did you gain all this knowledge?" He replied:

بنفي الاعتماد و السير في البلاد و صبر كصبر الحمار و بكور كبكور الغراب

“By independency, by travelling through cities, by having patience like that of a donkey and by rising early like the rising of crows” - Uluww al-Himmah by Shaykh Muhammad Isma’il al-Muqaddam.

Regarding Imam Sulaym ibn Ayyub al-Razi, it was narrated that he used to account himself even for the number of breaths he took. He never let a moment pass by him without gaining some benefit - he would write, teach or read. One of his students said that one day he (the shaykh) traveled to his house and then returned saying: "I managed to read a Juz on my way".

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE

Another barrier is thinking that a task is impossible, nothing is impossible - the word itself tells you otherwise!

Ibn 'Ata'illah: "Nothing is difficult if you seek it through your Lord, and nothing is easy if you seek it through yourself".

Ibn 'Abdil-Barr said: "The Qur’an is the foundation of knowledge, so whoever memorized it before his coming of age (i.e. puberty), then he went along to study whatever would aid his understanding of it from language, then that would be a great help for him in attaining his objective from it (i.e. knowledge)” - Saheeh Jaami’ Bayaan al ‘Ilm wa Fadhlih 454.

VALUING YOURSELF

Some people tend to have a low opinion of themselves, which acts as another barrier. This doesn't befit the Muslim. Always have a high opinion of yourself and have good expectations from Allah 'azza wa jall and He will in turn fulfill your expectations.

NOTE: there is a difference between high aspirations and arrogance.
              • Value your time
              • Be around good company
              • Value your goals and aims
              • Do not belittle yourself through sins
              • Be grateful to Allah 'azza wa jall
              • Judge yourself (concerning Hifdh) but not too harshly
              • Be positive
              • Value your efforts and capability.

MENTAL BARRIERS

Thinking that you don't possess the mental capacity for hifdh is in reality a mental barrier. Break it. Human beings have been blessed with a vast, complex and incredibly amazing brain - it is designed to grow with usage. The more you utilize aspects of your brain, memory etc the more it's capacity will grow.

THERE ARE NO BARRIERS IN INTENTION

Be truthful to yourself and to your Lord, and have sidq al-niyyah (true/sincere intention).

Incident

One day, ‘Abdullaah ibn ‘Umar, ‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr, Mus’ab ibn al-Zubayr and ‘Abdul-Malik ibn Marwaan gathered in the courtyard of the Ka’bah and Mus’ab said to them “Wish for something”. They said ‘you begin’

So he said, “To take governship over ‘Iraaq, to marry Sukainah bint al-Husayn and ‘Aisha bint Talha ibn ‘Ubayd’Allaah.” And so he achieved that and each one of them (the wives) was given five hundred thousand dirhams in mahr and the like in provision.

‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr wished for Fiqh and that hadeeth be taken from him – and he achieved that.

‘Abdul-Malik wished for Khilaafah – and he achieved that.

And ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar [RA] wished for Paradise… - 'Uluww al-Himmah

Al-Bukhari reported, the Messenger of Allah (salah allah ‘alayhi wa salam) said: “So when you ask Allah (for something), then ask for Al-Firdaws, which is the middle-most and highest part of Paradise. Above it is the Throne of ar-Rahman and from it originate the rivers of paradise".

Al-Hasan al-Basri said, “Whoever competes with you in the Deen then try to surpass him, and whoever competes with you in the matters of this life then throw it back at him.”

Gradualism vs. Haste

Imam al-Zuhri said: “Whoever attains knowledge all at once, knowledge will leave him all at once. Indeed, knowledge is only sought throughout the bitter (or passing of) days and nights".

The Hafidh's Journey
              Memorising the Qur’an is not just about memorising the words of Allah `azza wa jall. No. It’s a lot more than that. By understanding the meanings and by making a sincere move to truly live these words, you’ll come to see that it’s actually a magnificent journey…

It’s a journey that takes you through paths you never thought you’d ever tread. A breath-taking trip that will throw you into a sea of knowledge, cast you under the shade of guidance, ascend you to lofty clouds, and bring you back to the harsh realities of life – but as a hakim (wise one). It will take you through paradigm shifts, open your eyes to the unseen and the unheard, it will challenge you, test your limits, break you down and then rebuild you from new.

It will teach you what patience really means, what endurance is, what reliance tastes like, where sincerity comes from, what it means to believe in yourself and most importantly, it will teach you that your success in life and this unpredictable path truly comes from Allah in accordance to who you are, who you want to be, and the level of your faith & driving force.

It is a journey designed so specifically for you, so unique to you. Don’t run lest you stumble, don’t dally lest you miss the signs, and don’t stop lest the gale winds throw you off.

Days and nights will never be the same again. You will struggle with yourself and others, you will feel pains that only Allah knows of, but the sweet taste in your mouth will never let you give up. There will be dashed hopes, failed attempts, and you might miss the train more than once, but the ignited flame of passion within you, will not let you be, so you carry on.

You will be tested and taught your boundaries not as a punishment but as the greatest act of kindness you will ever witness: being shown that your barriers are just that; your barriers. And not Allah’s. He will truly show you your strengths and increase them for you, show you your weaknesses and help you overcome them. He will make sure that you witness all the battlefields known to the Son of Adam; you will battle forces from Shaytan, forces from your surroundings, forces from your emotions, and you will battle the greatest force to reckon with: your mind and soul. Allah will let you fight in these plains, but He will make sure that you not only win the battle, but that you win the entire war.

As you endure and develop grip on this path you will start to feel physically, mentally, and spiritually stronger. You breathe on a deeper level, you see further than you did before, your heart captures what it could not before, and it dawns on you that you are emerging as a completely different person. Your mind is alarmingly clearer, your knowledge more vast, and your ability to understand and comprehend is more than you thought. The blessings in your life don’t stop coming, you see the responses to your du’a, you feel the secure presence and serenity of Allah in your life, you are continuously being taught and continuously improving and the signs all seem to point in one direction: Go forward.

As you arrive in the end, you arrive as a musafir (traveller) arrives home, as a hero returns from the front line, as a beloved comes back home. You arrive with the greatest smile on your face, and a radiant glow in your heart. You look back and see that you’ve crossed over a realm and a world you didn’t know existed.

As an enlightened believer you emerge walking with light upon a lighted path… Your name is the same, but you? No, you will never be the same. What just took place is a transformation like no other; promised to all who decide to take this route. Don’t leave this world without treading this glorious path. Don’t leave without memorising, learning, rather living this Qur’an. Angels align with you as your brothers, and Allah is guiding you back to Him for rewards that no eye has seen, no ear has heard of and no heart of yours ever thought possible. Wa billahi tawfiq.

EDIT: A highly recommended read "The value of time" by Abu Ghuddah and Abdul Fatah

PDF/Online version: https://archive.org/details/TheValue...ttahAbuGhuddah
              Ah - needed this for myself more than anything, miss having these classes and weekly reminders.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Fasting and the Qur’aan will intercede for a person on the Day of Resurrection. Fasting will say, ‘O Lord, I deprived him of food and desires during the day, so let me intercede for him.’ The Qur’aan will say, ‘O Lord I deprived him of his sleep at night, so let me intercede for him.’ Then they will both intercede for him.” Narrated by Ahmad, al-Tabaraani and al-Haakim; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, no. 3882

---

Comment

I have seen this episode a good 4-5 times now, :sub:

فَإِنَّ مَعَ العُسرِ يُسرًا

إِنَّ مَعَ العُسرِ يُسرًا

Fa Inna ma'al 'usri yusra...

inna ma'al usri yusra.

Verily, with hardship comes ease,

With hardship comes ease - Surah Ash-Sharh: ayah 5-6.

---

Comment

لا تفكر كثيرا
                  بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

I'm gonna ask here, :insha: if anyone can help.

I am looking for a PDF, document or even a website or video which shows the specific words that are pronounced differently (or are just different) in Warsh compared to Hafs. Or another way which would be easier to find these differences as opposed to going through the mushaf.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                      I'm gonna ask here, :insha: if anyone can help.

I am looking for a PDF, document or even a website or video which shows the specific words that are pronounced differently (or are just different) in Warsh compared to Hafs. Or another way which would be easier to find these differences as opposed to going through the mushaf.
                      https://www.dropbox.com/s/g7az9x706u...D8%B9.pdf?dl=0
                      "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                      (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Perfect! It makes my life so much easier.

جزاك الله خيرا وبارك الله فيك

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

• Hifz Experiences

alhamdulilah I love reciting the Qur'an..it give me inner peace and tranquility..I get happiness from reading the Qur'an.

But as I get higher in the Surahs it has become rather difficult, the ayahs become very similar..and so as I'm reciting one surah I'll start reciting another surah without noticing :(
                          "O you who are patient! Bear a little, just a little more remains

Enter your emotion and it gives you a dua!

Comment

i have a hard time reading quran because:

my voice is too nasally to read with proper tajweed ( idgham, and the hidden one i forgot what its called)

my voice gets tired too easily reading quran

I slur my words too often and cant enunciate properly (braces)

all of these things make it way too miserable for me to continue reading the quran and therefore making harder for me to memorize.

if anyone has anything useful for me id appreciate it.
                            Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

^ are you pronouncing the letters correctly? i think that will solve the nasal issue. If you get tired easily then maybe split the times? Recite less but more frequently? I have a similar issue but think it's coz of slight sinuses an my throat gets dry quickly. Need to sort that out.

Do you slur when speaking normally anyway due to the braces or just when reciting? I thought it was normally coz that's what I've noticed with those who wear braces.

Don't be so hard on yourself, do as much as you can.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

well i guess the natural dispostion of my voice is nasally. if i put an effort to not make it nasally then my voice tires out. perhaps then i should just read with my nasally voice since its easier, but im not sure its allowed.
                                Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

Working...
                                X