X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by Feesabillilah89 View Post
    forgive me if Im wrong but I heard a hafiz can intercede for 10 people on the day of judgment...that means free entry into jannah :D.. k no not literally
    “Whosoever recites the Qur’an and memorises it, believing firmly that what it legislates as lawful is lawful and what it legislates as prohibited is prohibited, Allah will enter him into Paradise and accept his intercession on behalf of ten of his relatives who had been destined to enter the Fire.”

(Link)

It is related in Sunan at-Tirmidhi and it is a weak hadith.
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

jazakAllah khair middle road and all who contributed to this thread. This is the most inspirational thread I've read on this forum.
      Blessed is He in Whose Hand is the Dominion, and He is Able to do all things. (67.1)

Comment

I know there are a few other people on this forum who are hafiz and I'd encourage you all to share your experiences as well. But I also know you'd like to keep anonymous, so you can do that by sharing it on this blog, and then I'll copy it over here if they do put it up.

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

I hope nobody minds me pasting this here, it may help some people, I'm not sure.. I'm visual so I visualise the mushaf page, but we will see. http://www.houseofquran.com/quransys/qsys

A little bit confusing.. maybe I just don't know how to use it. :scratch:
          اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

^ Whats that?

:salams

Need to remember this when I'm learning:

Sufyaan Ath-Thawree, rahimahullaah, said: "The excellence of knowledge is due only to the fact that it causes a person to fear and obey Allaah, otherwise it is just like anything else."

:jkk: TMR for the du3a, really beneficial.
            Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
              I know there are a few other people on this forum who are hafiz and I'd encourage you all to share your experiences as well. But I also know you'd like to keep anonymous, so you can do that by sharing it on this blog, and then I'll copy it over here if they do put it up.

Any progress with that?
              Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_87 View Post

Any progress with that?
                :wswrwb:

I'm subscribed to that blog so get notified of any new posts, but there haven't been any on this topic. So no.

Comment

19th to 25th juz very tricky after its been memorised or maybe its just me. TMR, akhee any advice!?

Comment

There's no easy way, it's just down to repetition, repetition, repetition. And take note of the mutashabihat.

Read this as well.

Comment

• Re: Hifz Experiences

any recitors that recite in abu amr just checking, i feel so alone in the world lol, hafs is everywhere mashalah

Comment

^ Why don't you share your experience of doing hifz?

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                          ^ Why don't you share your experience of doing hifz?
                          not the answer i was looking for TMR lol but ill write something

BDW just to let everyone i am only student like everyone else no shaykh or something .

I started learning how to read and write arabic at the age of 6 with my father the book i studied is called qaaida baghdaadiya, many of you might not know it as its a iraqi book that was introduced into somalia some centuries ago but is still alive in east africa and iraq. most people study the book qaaida nooraniya especially people from the subcontinant.

after a month i could read and at the time tapes were availble and my dad had tapes of shaykh Husary may allah have mercy upon him, he was one of the few recitors who had tapes in adoori. So i started my hifdh listening to adoori and my father checking my tajweed.

My dad started me on a prgram of 200 pages a year so i would i memorise just under a page a day and on sunday mornings after fajr we would wake up and combine what w learned the whole week and read it in one session after which we would revise.

During this continued with me memorising 200 pages a year, the method my father employed was a method whereby the he wanted us to be able to learn the vowel marks at the end of every ayah or waqf. He decided that the best way was with the lahw or the plank of wood and writting the quran out from memory. so after every memorisation session we wrote out what we memorised and recited from memory in wasl. wasl is basically connnecting the ayahs for those who want to hear it simply listen to shaykh ali jaber surah fatiha may allah shower his mercy on him.

little did i know that this was preparation for me to learn the science of qiraat or at least parts of it, my dad being a muqri, so i completed the quran and my dad had me recite the entire quran from memory in 5 sittings and after which i was given my own mushaf the king fahad aka madinah mushaf, i was given a ijaza in abu amr in reading and teaching and i was given a promise that i could umrah with my dad inshalah.

i continued to study under my dad when i was 14 i formally got ijaza in sousi which is the second riwaya of abu amr, a couple of years later i recited in naafi in jamul jam and then i got liscened to recite and teach both warch and qalun. along the same time i memorised djazariya and tuhfatol adfaal

i am currently a student studying hafs and shoba , after that i am thinking of memorsing the 10 qirat , so i am still a student but i am teaching a group of kids at the moment young kids.

may allah make us of alhlulquran

Comment

Ma sha Allah and Ameen. Shame the brother was banned

So I have started doing hifdh in the mornings now as its when I'm least busy, but I wanted to know if the feeling of sleep deprivation become less as you persist with this routine.

Or its normal to feel very tired throughout the day?

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_87 View Post
                              Ma sha Allah and Ameen. Shame the brother was banned

So I have started doing hifdh in the mornings now as its when I'm least busy, but I wanted to know if the feeling of sleep deprivation become less as you persist with this routine.

Or its normal to feel very tired throughout the day?
                              -You should become used to it after a while Inshallah
                              -Depends on how many hours of sleep you get at night. Try going sleep asap after esha
                              -Catch up on some sleep after dhuhr bi idhnillah
                              -Not to eating too much during the day and have a full stomach etc (not saying you do! ... ) also helps a lot in not feeling tired/sleepy.

This is probably a bit obvious btw but whatever you memories in the morning, should be gone over in the evening.

Comment

^
                                How long is "after a while"?

Sleep hours: 6-7

:jkk:

Comment

Working...
                                X