X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    Still can't believe it. Seems so surreal and it will probably remain this way for a while. It took 3yrs and 9 months not 4, my maths was a bit off.

I told my teachers, Alhamdulilah they're just as chuffed.

But yea it does not feel real at all. I also feel that a lot of good will come from this, generally speaking and :insha: for the Ummah too. I feel the Quraan will open up doors many many doors so for anyone who is pursuing something or is looking for some guidance or direction (in the literal sense) then busy yourself with the Quraan. It really will make a difference.
    MashaAllah what a great achievement may Allah reward you and those that supported you for all your efforts.
    17-07

Comment

MashaAllah. <3

May Allah make it a light for you in dunya and aakhirah. Ameen ya rabb.
      اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Jazaakumullahu Khairan please don't call me a hafidha May Allah be pleased with you all ameen

Sort of wrote something in sis section which you can see.

It's not from me, and this isn't lip service. There's nothing special/different about me in the sense that I could've taken a different turn/choice in October 2010 (namely my university offer). If I accepted the offer and went to uni at that point Allahu A'lam where I would've been right now. So it's because Allah allowed me to decline that offer, that this path manifested.

The first time I recall hearing the Quraan being recited live was in Ramadhan 2007 at this masjid which my heart is and will forever be attached to. It was my first ever proper real live exposure to the Quraan and I remember it like it was yesterday and it was Imam Uthman Mustafa Kamals recitation (YouTube it). Anyways during that Ramadhan and taraweeh (first time as well in my life that I had ever gone to masjid/seen the Muslims like this/prayed in congregation) I made dua that Allah bless me with what he blessed him with. And hearing the Quraan like that outside it had a great impact on me more than anything else coz it was the first time I heard it live.

The desire/love for quran first started back then in 2007. The intention for hifdh actually came about in 2010. Prior to that every Ramadhan I would review and brush up on a juzz but without the big intention to memorise, so it was a juzz a year only in Ramadhan from 2007. Then I joined those online classes held on Skype and then when I declined my uni offer I made the intention. The main struggle for me was finding teachers in person who could guide me but my only teacher had to leave in about May 2011 so I had no choice but to stick with the teachers online. I searched and searched and once ended up travelling about an hour an half on a hot summers day to recite my portion to my teacher in her car lol (I still remember it all so clearly and even the Surah/a reminder she gave about one of the ayaat). But Alhamdulilah.

My main motivation has been and is so that my parents get the reward and I ask Allah to make it Khair for them in dunya and akhira. I don't have much in terms of money and that to give so this is my compensation (I think that's the right word) to them and I hope it's accepted by Allah. They may not entirely understand it either but :insha: soon they will and :insha: all worries of dunya will be forgotten by then. I've also heard many times in talks that the path to seeking knowledge starts with the Quraan and so this is the first step :insha:

I memorised in a way that I end on my favourite Surah Alhamdulilah and Allah allowed me to do this (with Ansaariyah who was there from day one barakAallahu feeki :love:). I was supposed to have done this before Ramadhan but stuff happened. Alhamdulilah.

I think that's it. The masjid really played a huge role and Imam Uthman is who started it and he has absolutely no idea. May Allah give him abundant reward for this and free his father ameen. I also hope this becomes benefit to the entire Ummah and not just my family.

You guys mentioned revision, that's the best bit :insha: and what I'm looking forward to because things have just started. There's a whole ocean waiting to be explored :inlove:

Make dua for yourselves and don't underestimate the power of dua. Allah answers the call of the one who calls, He listens and is there. Even if you don't see the reply straight away keep at it and search for it and don't become hopeless. I don't know how much I can emphasise this aspect. If it wasn't for Allah I would be someone else somewhere else.

May Allah make it a hujja for us all and forgive us and give full reward and more to all those who help us to do good ameen.
        MASHAALLAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so upset with myself, I'm trying but give up then try again, I mean I've memorised about 2 Juz.

I told myself I will not give up even if it takes 30 years and have grandchildren. I will not give up!!!!!!!!!!

May Allah give you full reward and your parents in Akhirah. Ameen
        Never have I dealt with anything more difficult than my own soul, which sometime helps me and sometime opposes me

Comment

I just want to remind that the Quraan opens up doors and ways not just for yourself but for others (and I genuinely mean this with all my heart). If your family are a certain way or there are things in your life which are not going right or you have certain hardships etc then remember that the Quraan :insha: will open up ways for you. Example is in the video above. You want you family to change? Make dua and remember that through the book of Allah change will and does come (I am a witness to this). I'll stop here otherwise I can go on and on but it really opens up things for you and those close to you and the Ummah at large.

لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
          The children need your prayers more than anyone else
          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

:salams

QUESTIONS To all people who have completed or are completing hifz :

1) Do you have to memorize and recite Qur'an in a fully correct makhraj and tajweed?
            Hands down I'm kinda helpless in them! Not all Classical Arabic alphabet can be pronounced easily. But are they obligatory?

2) Did you do it under the guidance of a Shaykh or Shaykha? Or do you just listen to murattal audio to compare your recitations?

3) Are you cursed (by Allah) when you forget the verses you've memorized or when it slips from your memorization?
            Will Allah punish you when you forget? Any daleel?

4) How many times (in average, based on your experience) you should repeat the verses memorization after you memorized them?
            Cuz I'm very impatient in repetition, yikes!

:jkk:!!!
            Last edited by Ariadne; 23-08-14, 07:21 AM.

And all the heavens go their way.... And only change is here to stay...

Comment

did juz amma a few years back and this year after ramadhan i set the intention to become a hafidh within 3 years inshallah... i remember the difficulties of surah al-bayyinah and im kind of mentally preparing myself for the challenge again
              الوقت كالسيف إن لم تقطعه قطعك

Comment

Originally posted by Ariadne View Post
                :salams

QUESTIONS To all people who have completed or are completing hifz :

1) Do you have to memorize and recite Qur'an in a fully correct makhraj and tajweed?
                Hands down I'm kinda helpless in them! Not all Classical Arabic alphabet can be pronounced easily. But are they obligatory?

2) Did you do it under the guidance of a Shaykh or Shaykha? Or do you just listen to murattal audio to compare your recitations?

3) Are you cursed (by Allah) when you forget the verses you've memorized or when it slips from your memorization?
                Will Allah punish you when you forget? Any daleel?

4) How many times (in average, based on your experience) you should repeat the verses memorization after you memorized them?
                Cuz I'm very impatient in repetition, yikes!

:jkk:!!!
                :wswrwb:

1) Yes, some scholars say tajweed is obligatory, some say it is only a means of improving one's recitation, Tajweed arabic alphabets wisam sharieff(An excellent playlist for makhawrij..
                According to my experience, the better ur tajweed, the more joy it is to recite the Quran....

2) I did studied it under the guidance of my Shaykh, he's got so many ijazahs in different subjects like: Hifz, Qirah, and the chain of Quran going back to Prophet:saw:
                It helps u 10x if done under the guidance of a shaykh... And I studied tajweed for 3 whole months, my Shaykh wanted me to be perfect, but I was too eager to start hifz, and as I had already studied tajweed (in a very ridiculous) in my childhood, so I got a bit frustrated. And now, when I recite the Quran, I know why my Shaykh emphasized tajweed so much.

3) No, it's human nature to forget some verses, but if u're dedicated to hifz, u won't be forgetting any verse InshaAllah,... http://www.onislam.net/english/ask-t...an/175420.html

4) As many times as it helps to stick in ur head, depending on the vocab of a surah.. Like I remember I hardly repeated each verse of Surah Jumuah 10 times, and I had them memorized alhamdulillaah in one day. Also spaced repetition makes life easy for u... http://www.howtomemorizequran.com/
                Last edited by AbulUthman; 23-08-14, 08:06 AM.
                Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

edited...
                  Last edited by AbulUthman; 23-08-14, 08:05 AM.

Comment

Is it just me, or everyone here hears Saud Ash Shuraym, pronouncing the meem (in iqlaab ma'a al-ghunna) as noon? http://tanzil.net/#61:14
                    Can any1 clarify this?

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
                      Is it just me, or everyone here hears Saud Ash Shuraym, pronouncing the meem (in iqlaab ma'a al-ghunna) as noon? http://tanzil.net/#61:14
                      Can any1 clarify this?
                      I heard meem, but it was weak.

And this is an example of why my Quran teacher tells me not to use taraweeh recordings: they tend to recite very quickly, leave madd, and sometimes make mistakes. (I still like them for reviewing when I'm in a rush though)

Comment

Yea don't listen to them for hifdh as they make a few mistakes but it's understandable because when you recite from the heart sometimes you miss out certain things.

The recommendations are Minshawi, Huthaifa, Hussary and Abdulbasit. Stick to them :insha:

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

When you actually understand the arabic, memorizing becomes like water.

Because when Allah (SWT) is telling a story, you understand it, you know the order of the ayahs and what happens next. so its easier this way.
                          La illaha ilallah

Comment

• Originally posted by blanchoir View Post
                            When you actually understand the arabic, memorizing becomes like water.

Because when Allah (SWT) is telling a story, you understand it, you know the order of the ayahs and what happens next. so its easier this way.
                            +1
                            نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Comment

Jazaakumullahu Khairan please don't call me a hafidha May Allah be pleased with you all ameen

Sort of wrote something in sis section which you can see.

It's not from me, and this isn't lip service. There's nothing special/different about me in the sense that I could've taken a different turn/choice in October 2010 (namely my university offer). If I accepted the offer and went to uni at that point Allahu A'lam where I would've been right now. So it's because Allah allowed me to decline that offer, that this path manifested.

The first time I recall hearing the Quraan being recited live was in Ramadhan 2007 at this masjid which my heart is and will forever be attached to. It was my first ever proper real live exposure to the Quraan and I remember it like it was yesterday and it was Imam Uthman Mustafa Kamals recitation (YouTube it). Anyways during that Ramadhan and taraweeh (first time as well in my life that I had ever gone to masjid/seen the Muslims like this/prayed in congregation) I made dua that Allah bless me with what he blessed him with. And hearing the Quraan like that outside it had a great impact on me more than anything else coz it was the first time I heard it live.

The desire/love for quran first started back then in 2007. The intention for hifdh actually came about in 2010. Prior to that every Ramadhan I would review and brush up on a juzz but without the big intention to memorise, so it was a juzz a year only in Ramadhan from 2007. Then I joined those online classes held on Skype and then when I declined my uni offer I made the intention. The main struggle for me was finding teachers in person who could guide me but my only teacher had to leave in about May 2011 so I had no choice but to stick with the teachers online. I searched and searched and once ended up travelling about an hour an half on a hot summers day to recite my portion to my teacher in her car lol (I still remember it all so clearly and even the Surah/a reminder she gave about one of the ayaat). But Alhamdulilah.

My main motivation has been and is so that my parents get the reward and I ask Allah to make it Khair for them in dunya and akhira. I don't have much in terms of money and that to give so this is my compensation (I think that's the right word) to them and I hope it's accepted by Allah. They may not entirely understand it either but :insha: soon they will and :insha: all worries of dunya will be forgotten by then. I've also heard many times in talks that the path to seeking knowledge starts with the Quraan and so this is the first step :insha:

I memorised in a way that I end on my favourite Surah Alhamdulilah and Allah allowed me to do this (with Ansaariyah who was there from day one barakAallahu feeki :love:). I was supposed to have done this before Ramadhan but stuff happened. Alhamdulilah.

I think that's it. The masjid really played a huge role and Imam Uthman is who started it and he has absolutely no idea. May Allah give him abundant reward for this and free his father ameen. I also hope this becomes benefit to the entire Ummah and not just my family.

You guys mentioned revision, that's the best bit :insha: and what I'm looking forward to because things have just started. There's a whole ocean waiting to be explored :inlove:

Make dua for yourselves and don't underestimate the power of dua. Allah answers the call of the one who calls, He listens and is there. Even if you don't see the reply straight away keep at it and search for it and don't become hopeless. I don't know how much I can emphasise this aspect. If it wasn't for Allah I would be someone else somewhere else.

May Allah make it a hujja for us all and forgive us and give full reward and more to all those who help us to do good ameen.
                              Inspiring, jazakallah khair.
                              La illaha ilallah

Comment

• Originally posted by F_R View Post
                                Yea don't listen to them for hifdh as they make a few mistakes but it's understandable because when you recite from the heart sometimes you miss out certain things.

The recommendations are Minshawi, Huthaifa, Hussary and Abdulbasit. Stick to them :insha:
                                Really? I learnt a lot from Taraweeh recordings. Maybe if you listen blindly without Mushaf, you'll make a mistake with them.
                                نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Comment

Working...
                                X