X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Mabrook F_R

Takbeeeeeeer

Now it really begins. May Allah keep you steadfast on this lifelong struggle.

Comment

So F_R became a Hafiza.. round of applause!

May Allah make it a means of intercession for you on Qiyamah. Ameen
      "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Ma sha Allah. May Allah preserve it in her heart and increase her rank in the Hereafter as she recites until the last verse.
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Aameen. Alhumdulillah. Mashaa'Allah... Tabarak'Allah

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
            Many of the forum members have helped me Alhamdulilah throughout and it is very much appreciated and I ask Allah to give each and every single one of you more reward for your support and help and advice and that it becomes something of benefit to the entire Ummah and a Hujja for us ameen.

From the top of my head;

Ansaariyah, TMR, Hamnah, Sunrise, Faatima and AhlulQuraan
            Congratulations sister.... May Allah make us follow ur footsteps(in becoming a hafiz offcourse)....
            Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Jazaakumullahu Khairan please don't call me a hafidha May Allah be pleased with you all ameen
              Originally posted by Sirius View Post
              ameen.

F_R, wish i could physically pat you on the back.

edit: now, write a piece telling us all what inspired you, the ups and downs, everything basically. may it be means of ongoing reward for you and all those you inspire to follow i your footsteps.
              Sort of wrote something in sis section which you can see.

It's not from me, and this isn't lip service. There's nothing special/different about me in the sense that I could've taken a different turn/choice in October 2010 (namely my university offer). If I accepted the offer and went to uni at that point Allahu A'lam where I would've been right now. So it's because Allah allowed me to decline that offer, that this path manifested.

The first time I recall hearing the Quraan being recited live was in Ramadhan 2007 at this masjid which my heart is and will forever be attached to. It was my first ever proper real live exposure to the Quraan and I remember it like it was yesterday and it was Imam Uthman Mustafa Kamals recitation (YouTube it). Anyways during that Ramadhan and taraweeh (first time as well in my life that I had ever gone to masjid/seen the Muslims like this/prayed in congregation) I made dua that Allah bless me with what he blessed him with. And hearing the Quraan like that outside it had a great impact on me more than anything else coz it was the first time I heard it live.

The desire/love for quran first started back then in 2007. The intention for hifdh actually came about in 2010. Prior to that every Ramadhan I would review and brush up on a juzz but without the big intention to memorise, so it was a juzz a year only in Ramadhan from 2007. Then I joined those online classes held on Skype and then when I declined my uni offer I made the intention. The main struggle for me was finding teachers in person who could guide me but my only teacher had to leave in about May 2011 so I had no choice but to stick with the teachers online. I searched and searched and once ended up travelling about an hour an half on a hot summers day to recite my portion to my teacher in her car lol (I still remember it all so clearly and even the Surah/a reminder she gave about one of the ayaat). But Alhamdulilah.

My main motivation has been and is so that my parents get the reward and I ask Allah to make it Khair for them in dunya and akhira. I don't have much in terms of money and that to give so this is my compensation (I think that's the right word) to them and I hope it's accepted by Allah. They may not entirely understand it either but :insha: soon they will and :insha: all worries of dunya will be forgotten by then. I've also heard many times in talks that the path to seeking knowledge starts with the Quraan and so this is the first step :insha:

I memorised in a way that I end on my favourite Surah Alhamdulilah and Allah allowed me to do this (with Ansaariyah who was there from day one barakAallahu feeki :love:). I was supposed to have done this before Ramadhan but stuff happened. Alhamdulilah.

I think that's it. The masjid really played a huge role and Imam Uthman is who started it and he has absolutely no idea. May Allah give him abundant reward for this and free his father ameen. I also hope this becomes benefit to the entire Ummah and not just my family.

You guys mentioned revision, that's the best bit :insha: and what I'm looking forward to because things have just started. There's a whole ocean waiting to be explored :inlove:

Make dua for yourselves and don't underestimate the power of dua. Allah answers the call of the one who calls, He listens and is there. Even if you don't see the reply straight away keep at it and search for it and don't become hopeless. I don't know how much I can emphasise this aspect. If it wasn't for Allah I would be someone else somewhere else.

May Allah make it a hujja for us all and forgive us and give full reward and more to all those who help us to do good ameen.

لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
              The children need your prayers more than anyone else
              www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Jazaakumullahu Khairan please don't call me a hafidha May Allah be pleased with you all ameen

It's not from me, and this isn't lip service. There's nothing special/different about me in the sense that I could've taken a different turn/choice in October 2010 (namely my university offer). If I accepted the offer and went to uni at that point Allahu A'lam where I would've been right now. So it's because Allah allowed me to decline that offer, that this path manifested.

The first time I recall hearing the Quraan being recited live was in Ramadhan 2007 at this masjid which my heart is and will forever be attached to. It was my first ever proper real live exposure to the Quraan and I remember it like it was yesterday and it was Imam Uthman Mustafa Kamals recitation (YouTube it). Anyways during that Ramadhan and taraweeh (first time as well in my life that I had ever gone to masjid/seen the Muslims like this/prayed in congregation) I made dua that Allah bless me with what he blessed him with. And hearing the Quraan like that outside it had a great impact on me more than anything else coz it was the first time I heard it live.

The desire/love for quran first started back then in 2007. The intention for hifdh actually came about in 2010. Prior to that every Ramadhan I would review and brush up on a juzz but without the big intention to memorise, so it was a juzz a year only in Ramadhan from 2007. Then I joined those online classes held on Skype and then when I declined my uni offer I made the intention. The main struggle for me was finding teachers in person who could guide me but my only teacher had to leave in about May 2011 so I had no choice but to stick with the teachers online. I searched and searched and once ended up travelling about an hour an half on a hot summers day to recite my portion to my teacher in her car lol (I still remember it all so clearly and even the Surah/a reminder she gave about one of the ayaat). But Alhamdulilah.

My main motivation has been and is so that my parents get the reward and I ask Allah to make it Khair for them in dunya and akhira. I don't have much in terms of money and that to give so this is my compensation (I think that's the right word) to them and I hope it's accepted by Allah. They may not entirely understand it either but :insha: soon they will and :insha: all worries of dunya will be forgotten by then. I've also heard many times in talks that the path to seeking knowledge starts with the Quraan and so this is the first step :insha:

I memorised in a way that I end on my favourite Surah Alhamdulilah and Allah allowed me to do this (with Ansaariyah who was there from day one barakAallahu feeki :love:). I was supposed to have done this before Ramadhan but stuff happened. Alhamdulilah.

I think that's it. The masjid really played a huge role and Imam Uthman is who started it and he has absolutely no idea. May Allah give him abundant reward for this and free his father ameen. I also hope this becomes benefit to the entire Ummah and not just my family.

You guys mentioned revision, that's the best bit :insha: and what I'm looking forward to because things have just started. There's a whole ocean waiting to be explored :inlove:

Make dua for yourselves and don't underestimate the power of dua. Allah answers the call of the one who calls, He listens and is there. Even if you don't see the reply straight away keep at it and search for it and don't become hopeless. I don't know how much I can emphasise this aspect. If it wasn't for Allah I would be someone else somewhere else.

May Allah make it a hujja for us all and forgive us and give full reward and more to all those who help us to do good ameen.
                Aww. I adore this and you !

:brf: for sharing

may Allah make the Quran noor qalbik

ameen :love: :love:
                Last edited by Rebel101; 29-07-14, 08:43 AM.

Comment

Many of the forum members have helped me Alhamdulilah throughout and it is very much appreciated and I ask Allah to give each and every single one of you more reward for your support and help and advice and that it becomes something of benefit to the entire Ummah and a Hujja for us ameen.

From the top of my head;

Ansaariyah, TMR, Hamnah, Sunrise, Faatima and AhlulQuraan
                  congratulations !!!

Comment

Maa-sha Allah.

As others have said, the easy part of the journey is over, and now the hard part (maintaining your hifz) begins. May Allah ta'ala make it easy for you and all the rest of us, ameen.
                    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Can anyone post here the chain of narrators for the 7/10 dialects of Quran, I have the one of hafs in a book, and it's quite interesting: Hafs from Aasim from...........(forgot the ones in the middle)..............Abdullah Bin Mas'ud :RA: and Ali :RA: and Zaid bin Thabit :RA: and........ from Prophet :saw:.

Looking forward to ur answers....

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
                        Can anyone post here the chain of narrators for the 7/10 dialects of Quran, I have the one of hafs in a book, and it's quite interesting: Hafs from Aasim from...........(forgot the ones in the middle)..............Abdullah Bin Mas'ud :RA: and Ali :RA: and Zaid bin Thabit :RA: and........ from Prophet :saw:.

Looking forward to ur answers....
                        See this, from pages 7 - 10.
                        "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                        (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                          See this, from pages 7 - 10.
                          :jkk: tmr..! :up:

Comment

Still can't believe it. Seems so surreal and it will probably remain this way for a while. It took 3yrs and 9 months not 4, my maths was a bit off.

I told my teachers, Alhamdulilah they're just as chuffed.

But yea it does not feel real at all. I also feel that a lot of good will come from this, generally speaking and :insha: for the Ummah too. I feel the Quraan will open up doors many many doors so for anyone who is pursuing something or is looking for some guidance or direction (in the literal sense) then busy yourself with the Quraan. It really will make a difference.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                            www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Still can't believe it. Seems so surreal and it will probably remain this way for a while. It took 3yrs and 9 months not 4, my maths was a bit off.

I told my teachers, Alhamdulilah they're just as chuffed.

But yea it does not feel real at all. I also feel that a lot of good will come from this, generally speaking and :insha: for the Ummah too. I feel the Quraan will open up doors many many doors so for anyone who is pursuing something or is looking for some guidance or direction (in the literal sense) then busy yourself with the Quraan. It really will make a difference.
                              Alhamdulillah! Mabrook ukhti! May Allah make you ann embodiment of the Quraan & means of guidance for many.
                              May I ask your method of khatmal Quran in Taraweeh salaah? (if you did)
                              Life is not measured by the breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Why Dont You Memorize The Qur'an?(LINK)

Comment

Working...
                                X