This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

That niceawesome feelilng you get when you just got an ayah memorized, and you can now use to read in namaz.

Comment

I will take this ayah as an example :لقد كان لكم في رسول الله أسوة حسنة لمن كان يرجوا الله واليوم الآخر وذكر الله كثيرا

When I recite the part written in bold, I don't pronounce the ن, but instead I do a soft transition to the ك (don't know what the tajweed rule is called).
      Anywho, I was listening to Sh. Minshawi's recitation, and his ن is much more clear. I'm assuming that there are two ways of reciting the ن here, so which way is more correct?

Comment

Last edited by AbulUthman; 30-06-14, 06:55 PM.
        Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Some of My favourite suwar;

Ibrahim
          Maryam
          Noor
          Furqan
          Najm

:love:

لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
          The children need your prayers more than anyone else
          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Assalaamualeykum,

Just thought ill update you guys with my status...

Had completed my hifz in Oct 13,, been revising thereafter....

newly memorized Juzz were very weak....

from Feb 1 '14 ... followed Sheikh Al Qasim (Khateeb Madina the Prophet's (saws) Masjid) review schedule :-
            Revise 2 Juz a day 3 times (repeat the same 2 juz 3 times).

Did it for 3 months. Alhumdulillah Quran has got alot more solid though not perfect yet.

Now Just doing Daur without any repeats. 6 juz daily ... gearing for a fruitful Ramadan Insha'Allah :)

A Good read for preparing for Ramadan :- Ramadan of the Saintly Elders by Sheikh Zakariyyah (r.a.)

Sheikh Zakariyya (r.a.) during some Ramadans used to read 32-33 paras a day so that in case its a 29 day ramadan he could still complete 30 Quran :D Subhan'Allah
            Last edited by nidaelahi; 29-05-14, 08:04 AM.

Comment

:salams

Nice website for tajweed resources: http://therightfulrecital.com/
              "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
              (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

First Things First

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by nidaelahi View Post
                  Assalaamualeykum,

Just thought ill update you guys with my status...

Had completed my hifz in Oct 13,, been revising thereafter....

newly memorized Juzz were very weak....

from Feb 1 '14 ... followed Sheikh Al Qasim (Khateeb Madina the Prophet's (saws) Masjid) review schedule :-
                  Revise 2 Juz a day 3 times (repeat the same 2 juz 3 times).

Did it for 3 months. Alhumdulillah Quran has got alot more solid though not perfect yet.

Now Just doing Daur without any repeats. 6 juz daily ... gearing for a fruitful Ramadan Insha'Allah :)

A Good read for preparing for Ramadan :- Ramadan of the Saintly Elders by Sheikh Zakariyyah (r.a.)

Sheikh Zakariyya (r.a.) during some Ramadans used to read 32-33 paras a day so that in case its a 29 day ramadan he could still complete 30 Quran :D Subhan'Allah
                  Great !!!

Comment

Part 4
                    • Abandonment of the Qur'an (Al-Hajr)

The Qur'an is a book that has been revealed so that we can interact with it. It's not just for reading, or even occasional recourse. It's dynamic, life changing, and calls for constant interaction. As such, it's abandonment has far-reaching consequences. The Prophet :saw: said: "The likeness of the one who memorises the Qur'an is like that of the owner of a hobbled camel. If he tends to it regularly, he will keep it, but if he lets it go, he will lose it." [al-Bukhair]

Scholars have said that Hajr of Qur'an is of 4 types:
                    1. Abandoning its recital
                    2. Abandoning its contemplation
                    3. Abandoning the Call to it and advising others by it
                    4. Abandoning it as a source of judgement.

Many times, we find ourselves abandoning the Qur'an in more than one way

'

And he is not called insan (man) due to his forgetfulness (nisyan)
                    And it is not a qalb (heart) due to its turning

The sin is not in the natural forgetting for which you strive against. But it is in the negligence.

Words of Wisdom

Bishr ibn al-Harith: I heard 'Isa ibn Yunus (Rahimahullah) say, 'if a slave finishes the Qur'an (khatm), an angel kisses him in-between the eyes.' [Hilyat al-Awliya']

~

Imam al-Aajuri: 'Such a person should make the Qur'an a fountain for his heart, rectifying by it whatever has become corrupt in his heart. He should take on the qualities of the Qur'an and adorn himself with beautiful character whereby he becomes distinguished from the rest of the people who do not recite or memorise the Qur'an. If he speaks, he speaks with knowledge.. and were he to be silent with knowledge... He does not involve himself in matters that do not concern him for he fears his tongue more than he fears his enemies. He imprisons his tongue just as he would imprison his enemy so that he may be safe from its evil and the evil of its consequences. His face is pleasant and his words are sweet.' [Akhlaq hamalat a;-Qur'an]

~

Al-Hasan al-Basri: 'Indeed those who came before you saw the Qur'an as personal letters from their Lord. So they would ponder over it by night and yearn for it by day.' [Tibyan, al-Nawawi]

~

'Abdullah ibn 'Umar :RA:: "Adhere to the Qur'an! Study it and teach it to your children for surely you shall be questioned about it and you shall be rewarded by it and it is sufficient as warner for the wise one.' [Mashkal al-Athar]

~

Ibn Mas'ud :RA:: 'Verily, hearts are like vessles (i.e made to embrace things) so occupy them with the Qur'an and do not engage then with other than it.' [Musannaf Ibn Abi Shaybah]

~

Al-Hasan al-Basri: 'Adhere to the Book of Allah 'azza wa jall, follow what is in it of examples and become a peopel of insight by it.' Then he said, 'May Allah have mercy upon a slave who presents himself to the Book and acts upon it; if his deeds are in accordance to the Book of Allah, he praises Allah and if his deeds are in contrast to the Book of Allah, he rebukes himself and returns from a near distance.'

~

He (Rahimahullah) also said, 'Those who have the most right to this Qur'an are those who follow it even if they have not read it.' [Al0Qa'idah, Ibn Taymiyyah]

~

Imam al-Aajuri: ‘(O people), Do you not see how your Lord the Most Generous has encouraged His creation to reflect upon His Words? Whoever reflects upon His Words recognizes His Lord `azza wa jall and recognizes the greatness of His Power and Authority. He recognizes His immense Favour on the believers and recognizes what has been mandatory upon him in His worship. So he adheres to the obligatory deeds, warns himself from what His Lord has warned him of and he desires only what His Lord has desired for him. And so whoever has these attributes at the time when he is reciting the Qur’an or listening to it being recited by others, then for him the Qur’an is a cure. He is enriched but not by wealth, honoured but not by the people and he is at peace and serenity when others are lonely.’ [Al-Tibyan]

~

Tawus: ‘Those with the most beautiful voices when reciting the Qur’an are those who fear Allah the most.’ [Bid' al-Qurra]

~

‘Umar ibn ‘Abd al-’Aziz wrote to his workers ordering that none be placed as governors except the people of Qur’an. His workers wrote to him saying, ‘We have placed the people of Qur’an in charge but we found (some of) them to be unreliable!’ So he wrote back to them, ‘Do not put anyone in charge of the masses except the people of Qur’an. If there is no good in them, then it’s even more-so the case that there’ll be no good in other than them.’ [Aadab al-Shar'iyyah]

----------------------------------------------

Imam al-Jazari’s praise for the Qur’an bearer
                    Taken from the Muqaddimah of ‘Tayyibat al-Nashr.’

وبعد: فالإنسان ليس يشرف *** إلا بما يحفظه ويعرف
                    A person is not honoured or raised
                    Except by what he knows and has memorised

لذاك كان حاملو القرآن *** أشراف الأمة أولى الإحسان
                    For that reason the bearers of Qur’an
                    Are the nobles of this Ummah and its righteous

وإنهم في الناس أهل الله *** وإن ربنا بهم يباهي
                    And they are the people of Allah amongst Mankind *
                    And indeed our Lord has boasted of them

وقال في القرآن عنهم وكفى *** بأنه أورثه من اصطفى
                    He spoke of them in the Qur’an, and it is sufficient
                    That He gives it (the Qur’an) to those He has chosen **

وهو في الأخرى شافع مشفع *** فيه وفوله عليه يسمع
                    And in the Hereafter, it is an ardent intercessor
                    And its statement is something surely heard

يعطى به الملك مع الخلد إذا *** توجه تاج الكرامة كذا
                    By it a person is given the dominion and immortality
                    And likewise, he is given the crown of honour

يقرا ويرقى درج الجنان *** وأبواه منه يكسيان
                    He’ll read and ascend the ranks of Paradise by it
                    And his parents will also be clothed by it ***

فليحرص السعيد في تحصيله *** ولا يمل قط من ترتيله
                    So let a person strive to attain it
                    And let him never tire of its recitation.

Imam al-Aajuri (rahimahullah) says in his book Akhlaq Ahl al-Qur’aan:

“The first thing that he (the student of Qur’an) must do is utilise the taqwa of Allah in secrecy and in openness by developing wara’ (piety) in his eating and drinking, in his sense of dress and in his home, with insight of his era and the fasaad (sins and evil) of his people so that he is cautious against them with regards to his Deen. He is highly devoted over his state of affairs and deeply concerned with correcting what has become corrupt in his matters. He guards his tongue and yet is distinguished by his speech.”

“If he studies the Qur’aan then he does so with complete understanding and intellect. What concerns him is fully comprehending that which Allah has made mandatory on him to follow and adhere to, and desisting from what He `azza wa jall has forbid him from. His concern is not ‘when will I finish the Qur’aan?’ But rather his deep concern is ‘when will I be fully content with Allah and independent of other than Him?’ ‘When will I be from the Muttaqeen? When will I be from the Muhsineen? When will I be from the Mutawakkileen (relying only on Allah)? When will I be from the Khashi’een (humbled to Allah)? When will I be from the Sabireen (patient)? When will I be from the Sadiqeen (truthful)? When will I be from the Kha’ifeen (fearful)? When will I be from the Raajeen (hopeful)? When will I become ascetic in this world? When will I yearn for the Hereafter? When will I repent from sins? When will I recognise the successive blessings of Allah? When will I thank Him for it? When will I deeply understand the public address from Allah (i.e. this Qur’aan)? When will I sincerely comprehend what I’m reciting? When will I overcome my soul’s desires? When will I strive for Allah with a true striving? When will I guard my tongue? When will I lower my gaze? When will I protect my chastity and when will I have hayaa’ (modesty/shyness) of Allah with a true and honest hayaa’? [Akhlaq Ahl al-Qur'an]

----------------------

Fudhayl ibn ‘Iyaadh (rahimahullah) is also reported to say,

“It is not for the carrier of Qur’aan to have a need of anyone from the creation but it should be such that the creation has a need of him. The carrier of Qur’aan is the carrier of the Flag of Islam, it does not befit him that he should indulge in nonsense speech with those who do so, nor should he be so forgetful with those who forget nor should he waste time in play with those who waste time in play.” [Reported by Imam al-Aajuri and Abu Nu'aym]

----------------------

Abu Musa al-Ash’ari (radhiallahu `anhu) gathered all those who had recited (memorised) Qur’aan – and they numbered near to three hundred –he then began to exalt the Qur’aan, saying:

“Indeed this Qur’aan is enough of a store and reserve for you, and yet it is enough of a burden over you. So follow the Qur’aan and do not make the Qur’aan follow you. Surely whoever follows the Qur’aan, it leads him to the gardens of Paradise and whoever makes the Qur’aan follow him, it drives him by the neck and hurls him into the Fire.” [A;-Darimi]
                    My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                    As You have sanctified Your house,
                    Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                    In which permission of entry
                    Is only granted to a few,
                    Please Allah, allow my heart
                    To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                    when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                    In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

:start:

شَهْرُ رَمَضَانَ الَّذِي أُنزِلَ فِيهِ الْقُرْآنُ هُدًى لِّلنَّاسِ وَبَيِّنَاتٍ مِّنَ الْهُدَى وَالْفُرْقَانِ فَمَن شَهِدَ مِنكُمُ الشَّهْرَ فَلْيَصُمْهُ وَمَن كَانَ مَرِيضًا أَوْ عَلَى سَفَرٍ فَعِدَّةٌ مِّنْ أَيَّامٍ أُخَرَ يُرِيدُ اللَّهُ بِكُمُ الْيُسْرَ وَلَا يُرِيدُ بِكُمُ الْعُسْرَ وَلِتُكْمِلُوا الْعِدَّةَ وَلِتُكَبِّرُوا اللَّهَ عَلَى مَا هَدَاكُمْ وَلَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Please make one dua for me regarding this.
                        So close :insha: to the beginning.

Jazaakumullahu Khairan.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

good experiences

Comment

Is it allowed for someone to do ijaza with more than one teacher/organisation?
                            Can they get more than one ijaza for the same thing like the same qiraa'at?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                              Is it allowed for someone to do ijaza with more than one teacher/organisation?
                              Can they get more than one ijaza for the same thing like the same qiraa'at?
                              Yes, it's a good thing to do. Not all teachers are on the same level in terms of ability and in strictness, so the more you can recite to the better. Different teachers can point out different mistakes in your recitation.

And in terms of ijaazah, the shorter it is the higher it is regarded. So one teacher might have a better sanad than the other, so good to receive it from more than one.
                              Last edited by the_middle_road; 19-07-14, 09:17 PM.

Comment

See this as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X