• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F_R
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by cooldog View Post
    How much is left , if u don't mind me asking?
    About a third

Leave a comment:

• cooldog
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    After some (small) thought, i don't think i'll be able to memorise warsh just yet. Maybe after my studies In Shaa Allah towards the end of next year. I just don't think i'll be able to balance everything together like that. But i will learn how to recite in warsh so i can recite for fun/enjoyment but defo memorisation will have to be postponed. So it'll be a year of firming my hifdh once im done bi'ithnillah, and then embarking on the journey again.

May Allah accept it from all of us ameen.
    How much is left , if u don't mind me asking?

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

After some (small) thought, i don't think i'll be able to memorise warsh just yet. Maybe after my studies In Shaa Allah towards the end of next year. I just don't think i'll be able to balance everything together like that. But i will learn how to recite in warsh so i can recite for fun/enjoyment but defo memorisation will have to be postponed. So it'll be a year of firming my hifdh once im done bi'ithnillah, and then embarking on the journey again.

May Allah accept it from all of us ameen.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Why you say impossible? Did you start the online classes btw?

It's not impossible because quran is easy to remember and memorise because this is what Allah has said. Anything counter to that is false. So chin up and continue the journey :D

Leave a comment:

• Bint Muaawiya
    replied

I'm up to Surah Fajr now and 10 more verses and I'm done. Alhamdulillah. I'm really really to finish juz Amma by May and finishing juz 29 by the end of Ramadan but kinda seems impossible. :(

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
    My journey in general is nothing to write home about, I was just another statistic amongst a hundred others.

But despite all that it was a lifetime.

I don't really have any tips, the only tip i have is that people should learn arabic and that will make memorisation much easier.

And there's no such thing as a "hard surah", it just means that you don't pay enough attention to that particular surah, the more you read it the easier you'll find it becomes.
    So true, and shaytan will always be our enemy, i realised my struggle now when it comes to revision/hifz, shaytan makes me worry too much about not doing enough which makes me not do anything because im busying worrying. Got a long way to go

Leave a comment:

• laat84
    replied

Notification.

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied

My journey in general is nothing to write home about, I was just another statistic amongst a hundred others.

But despite all that it was a lifetime.

I don't really have any tips, the only tip i have is that people should learn arabic and that will make memorisation much easier.

And there's no such thing as a "hard surah", it just means that you don't pay enough attention to that particular surah, the more you read it the easier you'll find it becomes.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by cooldog View Post
    I dont get why u would want to do it in two different ways, wudnt be confusing for u say, 10 years down the line.
    I might end up favouring one (warsh) but my teacher has done it in both Hafs and Warsh so if she can do it then I can In Shaa Allah. My heart is with Warsh that's why I want that one, Hafs was my first and my base but Warsh is where I belong I feel.

Leave a comment:

• cooldog
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    Me and 2 other friends wanted to compete like first person to complete their hifdh. But now one of them has backed down and I think the other one has too :( so much for competition

How do people revise 2 qi'raata's then? I wanna do warsh as soon as I'm done with Hafs In Shaa Allah
    I dont get why u would want to do it in two different ways, wudnt be confusing for u say, 10 years down the line.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Me and 2 other friends wanted to compete like first person to complete their hifdh. But now one of them has backed down and I think the other one has too :( so much for competition

How do people revise 2 qi'raata's then? I wanna do warsh as soon as I'm done with Hafs In Shaa Allah

Leave a comment:

• Abu AbdulRahman
    replied

Originally posted by Abdullah Fatih View Post
    Maan, my hifz experiences were fun and challenging.

From when I was young, running from shuyuukh and dodging their hits. Bobbing my head up and down, reading very loud with like 100 other kids.. competing with friends/siblings who could memorize more and quicker.. but, it all ended when having to do non-stop revision took over.. once that beings, you have no choice but to keep up with it, otherwise you have that big monster called 'regret' running behind you waiting to eat you up.

Oh the horror!

True . Baraka Allahu feek

Leave a comment:

• Abdullah Fatih
    replied

Maan, my hifz experiences were fun and challenging.

From when I was young, running from shuyuukh and dodging their hits. Bobbing my head up and down, reading very loud with like 100 other kids.. competing with friends/siblings who could memorize more and quicker.. but, it all ended when having to do non-stop revision took over.. once that beings, you have no choice but to keep up with it, otherwise you have that big monster called 'regret' running behind you waiting to eat you up.

Oh the horror!

Leave a comment:

• Abu Mus'ab
    replied

Originally posted by Umm-Aaliyah View Post
    I saw this and i just had to share it
    That brings back sad memories.

May Allaah free Abu Sabaayah, Aameen.
    Last edited by Abu Mus'ab; 25-03-13, 03:12 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Umm-Aaliyah
    replied

I saw this and i just had to share it
    by Shiekh Abdullah Azzam
    "So, it is upon you to tend to the Qur'an - the pillar of the heart, the light of the chest, the remover of sadness. And this time period is the period of memorization of the Qur'an. I started in and benefited greatly from the days of training in 1969 (when fighting in Palestine). I benefited greatly from the memorization of the Qur'an, and it was the period of golden purity of the heart and spirit. So, it is easy for you to memorize here; very easy...yes. I had a large-print Mushaf, and during the time in which I would stand guard at night, I would repeat what I had memorized during the day. So, if I mispronounced a word, I opened it, and I would read it using the light of the Moon. As for now, I cannot even see using the light of the Sun, so, we ask Allah to strengthen our eyesight...

So, try to memorize five verses of the Qur'an everyday, and start with 'al-Anfal.' Everyday, after the morning prayer, make for yourself a sitting with the Noble Qur'an. Memorize five verses of 'al-Anfal,' and review the five verses from the previous day. You can memorize it in fifteen days: seventy-five verses, five verses each day...this should be very easy on you...

Our brother, Khalid Qablan - who was martyred two days ago in Khost, Abu al-Walid, from Riyad - was martyred on Friday, at 2:30 p.m. I visited his brothers after his martyrdom, not knowing that he had been martyred, and everyone who was around him said that everything about him indicated that he was preparing for the Hereafter. They said that he would choose to stand guard from midnight to 1:00 a.m., then he would stay up in prayer until the Fajr. He would make the adhan for Fajr, then pray. After that, he would begin his adhkar. He would fast every Monday and Thursday - continuously - and the White Days (13th, 14th, 15th day of each month), and the six days of Shawwal. They also said that on the night before Friday - and it was the final night of his life - he stood guard from midnight to 1:00 a.m., stayed up in prayer until the Fajr, made the adhan for Fajr, prayed, made his morning adhkar, then we moved to the location of the battle for that day. On the way there, he recited 'al-Kahf,' and increased in his invoking of peace and blessings upon the Prophet. When we arrived - his companion from Yemen narrates - "I asked him if he had finished his recitation of 'al-Kahf,' and he said: "Yes." Then, we started firing the mortar rounds, and the nineteenth shell exploded inside the mortar, and many pieces of shrapnel entered his body. He gasped only twice, then he submitted his soul to the Lord of the Worlds.""

['Fi at-Tarbiyah al-Jihadiyyah wal-Bina''; 2/40-42]

Leave a comment:

Working...
X