X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by Sam_87 View Post
    :salams

So intention is where I think Im going wrong. It migh be a silly question but how can u be sure that you have the right intentions? Sometimes I have waswas that I'm doing it for such and such reason (other than pleasing Allah).
    :wswrwb:

Good question. Make your niyyah sincerely for His sake and always make the dua mentioned in this hadith. Remember to renew your intention, at the beginning, during and after the act.
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

JazakAllah Khair for that dua. I've always struggled with my intentions as well.

Comment

Question to the brothers/sisters who memorized the Quran.

Is it possbile, with hard-work and dedication, to memorize the entire quran in one year? If you read all day and part of the night and have a teacher, can it be done?

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Feesabillilah89 View Post
          Question to the brothers/sisters who memorized the Quran.

Is it possbile, with hard-work and dedication, to memorize the entire quran in one year? If you read all day and part of the night and have a teacher, can it be done?

This schedule calculates how long it takes you to memorize the Quran according to your memorization ability.

If you memorize 1 aya each day, you will be able to memorize the Quran in 17 years and 7 months and 9 days

If you memorize 2 ayas each day, you will memorize the quran in 8 years 9 months and 18 days.

If you memorize 3 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 5 years 10 months and 13 days

If you memorize 4 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 4 years 4 months and 24 days

If you memorize 5 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 3 years 6 months and 7 days

If you memorize 6 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 2 years 11 months and 4 days

If you memorize 7 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 2 years 6 months and 3 days

If you memorize 8 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 2 years 2 months and 12 days

If you memorize 9 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 11 months and 12 days

If you memorize 10 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 9 months and 3 days

If you memorize 11 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 7 months and 6 days

If you memorize 12 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 5 months and 15 days

If you memorize 13 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 4 months and 6 days

If you memorize 14 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 3 months and 0 days

If you memorize 15 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 2 months and 1 days

If you memorize 16 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 1 months and 6 days

If you memorize 17 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 1 year 10 months and 0 days

If you memorize 18 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 11 months and 19 days

If you memorize 19 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 11 months and 1 day

If you memorize 20 ayas each day you will memorize the quran in 10 months and 16 days

And if you memorize 1 wajh each day, you will memorize the Quran in 1 year 8 months and 12 days

If you memorize 2 wajh each day, you will memorize the Quran in 10 months, 6 days

Don't forget each letter you say when reading the quran is a reward for you, and each reward is written for you as ten by Allah generosity.

So in Bismillah arRahman arRaheem 19 letters which means 190 rewards! Just by doing the bismillah without even starting you gained 190 rewards masha'Allah.

So how about doing ayas and repeating when you memorize?

It is truly an offer from Allah we cannot refuse. It is the chance of a lifetime truly because some of the scales on the day of Judgement may only need one reward for it to be heavier and open up the way by Allah's mercy to the Jannah!

We ask Allah the sincerity, the truthfulness, the acceptance, the good abode at the hereafter.
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Wow jazakallah khair brother mirror for that. It really broke it down. I guess it can be done if your memorization skills are good enough. And yes I will keep repeating the ayahs when I memorize. I think it might take me 2 years inshallah.

May Allah forgive me if Im wrong but I heard a hafiz can intercede for 10 people on the day of judgment...that means free entry into jannah :D.. k no not literally

Comment

Ya allaaaaaaaah ! How come it`s the first time i see this thread? subhanAllah :)

First of all ...mubarak akhi the_middle_road that you memorized the whole quran and thanks for sharing your experience , it`s inspirational.I strongly believe that if someone wants to do something then they CAN do it.

I LOVE memorising Quran , mashallah.

A little advice is .... to make memorization easy is ....first of all , read the page once on a normal pace.Then read it again paying attention to which ayah comes before the other .Then read it again paying attention to the meaning of the ayat.Bringing a tafseer of the quran and reading through it quickly just to understand what are these ayat about is very very helpful too.Then after doing that you can start memorising the page (or the specific number of ayat) you want.....(you will be surprised how fast you memorized it).I still Alhamdulillah remember very well the ayat i memorized using this method ....like 8-9 years ago.

I may add that i am NOT a hafith , and this is just my humble participation in this thread sharing my experience .

Love and respect and may Allah bless you all, ameen.
              Jannah is my aim

Comment

Just reminded me of Sis Smira and how she used to memorize 12 pages a day!

Originally posted by alhamdoulilah View Post
                Well I didnt do my memorization by the number of ayahs, I did it by pages..

The thing is I memorize better when I do it by page because the visual image of the page is there....its almost as if your just reading the page, where as when I do it by ayahs which start half way through the page and finishes on the next page, I tend to struggle putting up an image lol

the standard was 2 pages before fajr, and 2 pages after eesha everyday

and after that, I gradually started adding pages when I progressed..

for example the last memorization week before the "entire Quran" practicing and revising, I was memorizing 6 pages before fajr and 6 pages after eesha. you might be like whoah, but im telling you when you get so used to it, it almost becomes programmed into your head.
                May Allah make the Quran her Companion in the Hereafter.
                Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

Ameeen yarabal alameen
                  Jannah is my aim

Comment

May Allah forgive me if Im wrong but I heard a hafiz can intercede for 10 people on the day of judgment...that means free entry into jannah .. k no not literally
                    As far as I know, a Hafiz or even Prophet :saw: can intercede only if Allah allows them to. So, the final and ultimate decision is up to Allah, obviously.

Wallahu Alam.

Comment

Ameen. Thats great mashallah. I get what the sister meant by reading page at a time instead of ayahs. I think the page method would work better for me too. May Allah reward her tremendously for this, Ameen!

Comment

As far as I know, a Hafiz or even Prophet :saw: can intercede only if Allah allows them to. So, the final and ultimate decision is up to Allah, obviously.

Wallahu Alam.
                        Yes, very true.

Comment

subhanAllah at sis smira, may Allah grant her a high place in jannah ameen thumma ameen.

my hifz in the recent past was hard to keep up, didn't get the 'chance' at all. but alhamdulillah since ramadhan have started again. i have the last 3 juz to go. duas needed inshallah.
                          The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
                          (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
                          In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

^Mashallah. May Allah (swt) make it easy for you and all those who are trying to become hafizul quran. Ameen.

Comment

And more importantly give us the character of a haafidhul Qur'an... ameen ya Rabb. :(
                              اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by ~ Jumana ~ View Post
                                Ya allaaaaaaaah ! How come it`s the first time i see this thread? subhanAllah :)

First of all ...mubarak akhi the_middle_road that you memorized the whole quran and thanks for sharing your experience , it`s inspirational.I strongly believe that if someone wants to do something then they CAN do it.
                                See post #15.
                                "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                                (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Working...
                                X