X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
    I think everyone's dua over here has been answered, after my exams, about 2.5 weeks from today, I would have a Sheikh of my choice :insha:
    :jkk: everyone !!

very good news :up:

Comment

I think everyone's dua over here has been answered, after my exams, about 2.5 weeks from today, I would have a Sheikh of my choice :insha:
      :jkk: everyone !!
      :alhumdull

What wonderful news!!! May Allah make the Sheikh a wonderful teacher for you and make you a blessed student for them. Ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post
        :alhumdull

What wonderful news!!! May Allah make the Sheikh a wonderful teacher for you and make you a blessed student for them. Ameen.
        :jkk: sis, I'm bringing good news some time after, :insha: !!
        Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

My personal khatm will be in warsh this Ramadhan :insha:

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
          Regarding some of the comments about reciting Qur'an incorrectly.. it boils my blood when people teach and they can't recite the makhaarij properly. Okay maybe sifaat we may slip up on here and there but not makhraj.

I wish I had a voice in my community.. but I don't, otherwise I would stop all women teaching Qur'an until they can properly recite themselves. There's nothing wrong in reciting to a shaykh, he doesn't have to see our faces. That's something else that annoys me big time, all these women are getting ijazah to teach but no shaykh has listened to them recite. (Unless they have a brother or dad who can recite well) They get tested by women who themselves can't articulate Qur'an and the shaykh or whoever is giving ijazah signs and it's done. I know this all may sound very weird to most people, but that's how it works here.

Learning Qur'an is the first step, everyone wants to do these ilmiyyah courses and things but I realised after having jumped on the bandwagon, you will never be knowledgeable, until you memorise the book of Allah, this includes reciting it properly.
          Bump ^

لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
          The children need your prayers more than anyone else
          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah:

“Never do the love of song and the love of Qur’an come together in a person’s heart except that one expels the other.”

[Madaarij Al-Saalikin, Vol.1 p487]

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	10748044

لا تفكر كثيرا
            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

I simply love this thread , very helpful :up:

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                I simply love this thread , very helpful :up:
                :salams:
                So, tell me your progress !!

Comment

So, tell me your progress !!
                  I am not doing hifz , I was interested to learn those portions of Quran that Imam recite generally :)

Comment

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
                    I am not doing hifz , I was interested to learn those portions of Quran that Imam recite generally :)
                    Well you should, man, if you sit too much on the forum, it's better to memorize for some of that time!!!!

Comment

this thread should be awakened!!!!!!!

Comment

How do you guys do murajiah? Let's say you have learned a juz and you want to learn the next one. How do you preserve what you have done hifdh on and at the same time memorize new surahs. ??

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post
                          How do you guys do murajiah? Let's say you have learned a juz and you want to learn the next one. How do you preserve what you have done hifdh on and at the same time memorize new surahs. ??
                          Revise a juz per day, works fine for me !!

Comment

Revise a juz per day, works fine for me !!
                            Brother I thought all along it was you in the previous thread because of the name! Then i see now you replied.

Yes, revision - one juz per day is good.
                            “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

It doesn't necessarily have to be a juzz but have a certain amount that's revised (if not daily) then weekly and continue your hifdh because you will forever be revising anyway but you will only be memorising once.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

I've found this schedule to be helpful :alhumdull :

Daily review if you've memorized-
                                1.Between 1-3 juz, you should review five pages daily.
                                2.Between 4-7 juz you should review 10 pages (which equals half the juz) daily.
                                3.Between 7-15 juz, you should review 20 pages (which equals one juz) daily.
                                4.Between 15-20 juz, you should review 30 pages(which equals 1.5 juz) daily.
                                5.Between 20-30 juz, you should review 60 pages (which equals 2 juz) daily.

There's more information on memorizing and reviewing newer lessons as well as older taken from here: http://muslimmatters.org/2012/07/29/...-for-the-weak/

Comment

Working...
                                X