X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
    how to memorize some of the semi - long surahs like Qiyamt , Qalam , Toor ??

Give yourself a comfortable amount to memorize per day depending on your ability: 1/3 of a page, 1/2 page, whole page.

Memorize a portion each day and review from the beginning each day separate from memorizing - meaning if you memorize in the morning, then in the evening review that new portion for a few minutes then review the entire Surah from the beginning. If you memorize in the evening, then in the morning review the portion you just memorized the night before and then review what you've memorized of the entire Surah together. Try to go over it throughout the day as well(before or after Salah and/or use it in sunnah or nafl salah).

Eventually you will have the whole Surah :insha: .
    Last edited by Bint_Hajj; 30-04-14, 01:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post
      Give yourself a comfortable amount to memorize per day depending on your ability: 1/3 of a page, 1/2 page, whole page.

Memorize a portion each day and review from the beginning each day separate from memorizing - meaning if you memorize in the morning, then in the evening review that new portion for a few minutes then review the entire Surah from the beginning. If you memorize in the evening, then in the morning review the portion you just memorized the night before and then review what you've memorized of the entire Surah together. Try to go over it throughout the day as well(before or after Salah and/or use it in sunnah or nafl salah).

Eventually you will have the whole Surah :insha: .
      Sis Bint_Hajj, how did you manage the 28 Juz? Kinda stuck on it, Surah Mumtahanah is veryyyyyy difficlt, so are the last ones !!

how to memorize some of the semi - long surahs like Qiyamt , Qalam , Toor ??
      Did Surah Qiyamah in a day Alhamdulillah and the next day, I listened to Sudas' recitation, and it was, and still is, one of those Surahs, wriiten on my heart,
      At one moment, I thought it was the hardest, now it's the easiest !!
      Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
        Sis Bint_Hajj, how did you manage the 28 Juz? Kinda stuck on it, Surah Mumtahanah is veryyyyyy difficlt, so are the last ones !!

Did Surah Qiyamah in a day Alhamdulillah and the next day, I listened to Sudas' recitation, and it was, and still is, one of those Surahs, wriiten on my heart,

Brother, I think you answered your own question! ^^ :)

Just keep working on it a little at a time and it will become easy for you. I was just looking Surah Al Mumtahina and remembered a few verses that were hard for me at the time. But with practice they become easier :insha:.

From my own limited experience Juz 29 & 30 seem to go more quickly and easily because the Surah's are shorter and we've probably read them and heard them more. But the further into the Quran you go, you run into words and verses that aren't as familiar. The things that helped me(which I think I've said earlier so please forgive me if I repeat myself) was to look at a word for word translation of Quran. I'll have a hard time and get stuck sometimes because I honestly wouldn't know where one word began and one ended(not a native Arabic speaker). Isolating a word made it easier for me to take the time to pronounce it. Here is a link for a word for word translation: http://www.islamicstudies.info/wordtranslation.php

Then there are whole verses that would be confusing to me. Again, what helped me was to repeat it very slowly at first to break down each harakah. I liked to listen to Sheikh Al Husary for this. This link is very helpful for me as they have many recitations including Husary mualim(teaching) which is slow, plain, and clear :masha: http://www.houseofquran.com/qhelp.htm I use the 'Quran Teacher/Reciter' link on the upper left. After that I'll repeat as much as I can for 'practice' even before memorizing. Then it also helps to listen to a Qari who's voice and recitation you really enjoy. Then it will get stuck in your head and heart more easily :insha: . You said that you enjoyed Sudais' recitation so stick with what you enjoy. But I find his recitations pretty fast, especially when learning a new Surah. So maybe practice reading on your own and/or listening to Husary just to get the tajweed down. Then it will be easier and more enjoyable with Sudais :insha:.

Do you have a teacher?

Comment

Brother, I think you answered your own question! ^^ :)

Just keep working on it a little at a time and it will become easy for you. I was just looking Surah Al Mumtahina and remembered a few verses that were hard for me at the time. But with practice they become easier :insha:.

From my own limited experience Juz 29 & 30 seem to go more quickly and easily because the Surah's are shorter and we've probably read them and heard them more. But the further into the Quran you go, you run into words and verses that aren't as familiar. The things that helped me(which I think I've said earlier so please forgive me if I repeat myself) was to look at a word for word translation of Quran. I'll have a hard time and get stuck sometimes because I honestly wouldn't know where one word began and one ended(not a native Arabic speaker). Isolating a word made it easier for me to take the time to pronounce it. Here is a link for a word for word translation: http://www.islamicstudies.info/wordtranslation.php

Then there are whole verses that would be confusing to me. Again, what helped me was to repeat it very slowly at first to break down each harakah. I liked to listen to Sheikh Al Husary for this. This link is very helpful for me as they have many recitations including Husary mualim(teaching) which is slow, plain, and clear :masha: http://www.houseofquran.com/qhelp.htm I use the 'Quran Teacher/Reciter' link on the upper left. After that I'll repeat as much as I can for 'practice' even before memorizing. Then it also helps to listen to a Qari who's voice and recitation you really enjoy. Then it will get stuck in your head and heart more easily :insha: . You said that you enjoyed Sudais' recitation so stick with what you enjoy. But I find his recitations pretty fast, especially when learning a new Surah. So maybe practice reading on your own and/or listening to Husary just to get the tajweed down. Then it will be easier and more enjoyable with Sudais :insha:.

Do you have a teacher?
          NO, That's the most disapponintng part!!

Comment

Brilliant. :up:

I generally look to memorize the portions of Quran that Imam recites in the salat. They are from different surahs .

I think last 10 ayats of Qiyamat is popular .

Comment

Brilliant. :up:

I generally look to memorize the portions of Quran that Imam recites in the salat. They are from different surahs .

I think last 10 ayats of Qiyamat is popular .

Whole of it is popular, read it's translation, you'll know !!
              Memorize something everyday !!

Comment

NO, That's the most disapponintng part!!
                Is there a reason why?

A teacher is vital to your success.

I think you're doing really well on your own :masha: , but having a teacher would help you ten fold! :up:

If there is no one near you, then maybe you can find one online?

My classes are online and I don't know where I'd be without them. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link but the teachers are really good :masha: and they have different fees for different study programs or amount of hours per wk/month you want to learn. They even offer scholarships if you're sincere and can't afford the full amount. But there are many such opportunities online besides the one I am familiar with.

Comment

Is there a reason why?

A teacher is vital to your success.

I think you're doing really well on your own :masha: , but having a teacher would help you ten fold! :up:

If there is no one near you, then maybe you can find one online?

My classes are online and I don't know where I'd be without them. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link but the teachers are really good :masha: and they have different fees for different study programs or amount of hours per wk/month you want to learn. They even offer scholarships if you're sincere and can't afford the full amount. But there are many such opportunities online besides the one I am familiar with.
                  I have many Sheikhs, with beautiful recitation, but I don't know WHY?, my parents tell me to focus on my studies, and recite Quran on my own,
                  These things have imposed real stress on me? Plz tell me a way, how can I convince my parents??

Comment

good site: simple, easy to use.

http://www.yaquran.com/yqrecite.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Umar_ View Post
                      good site: simple, easy to use.

http://www.yaquran.com/yqrecite.htm
                      Can you answer my question in the previous post !!

Comment

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I have many Sheikhs, with beautiful recitation, but I don't know WHY?, my parents tell me to focus on my studies, and recite Quran on my own,
                          These things have imposed real stress on me? Plz tell me a way, how can I convince my parents??
                          Hmm, that is difficult when your parents don't want you to. May Allah make it easy for you and grant you a way to study and memorize His Quran. Ameen.

The 1st and best thing I would suggest is dua. Lots and lots of it. The only One who will make a way for you is Him.

After that, you can let your parents know that
                          1)the blessings of memorizing the Quran Kareem will never take away from your other blessings of education, health, or income. If anything it will increase it.

2)your studying may become even easier with memorization of the Quran as your brain is like a muscle. The more you use it, the stronger it becomes. Memorizing Quran will only increase your ability to learn and memorize your other subjects.

3)any good teacher will take your current studies and situation into account and will give you a small, suitable amount to memorize that will not overwhelm you or distract you from your studies. My Quran teacher can tell when I'm tired or very busy and will often give me so little to do that I almost feel insulted. :rotfl: But then I realize she was correct in her assessment and I'm grateful for her wisdom and intuition.

4)finally, you can promise them that if they allow you to study Quran under a teacher and your grades drop even a little, that you will quit and not try to seek out another teacher until you have completed your secular studies. But make sure you keep this promise.

Again, I would urge you to make dua. And no matter what, respect and honor your parents' wishes. Memorizing Quran should improve your deen and character. If you go against your parents, then the point is lost - not that I think that you would. Be patient and kind with them. Maybe because of your kindness they will change their minds.

Comment

I don't think I will tell anyone (except a select few) once done :insha:

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                            www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                              I don't think I will tell anyone (except a select few) once done :insha:
                              That's a good idea sister.

Are you almost done? Do plan to teach after you finish? May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.

Comment

That's a good idea sister.

Are you almost done? Do plan to teach after you finish? May Allah make it easy for you. Ameen.
                                I think everyone's dua over here has been answered, after my exams, about 2.5 weeks from today, I would have a Sheikh of my choice :insha:
                                :jkk: everyone !!

Comment

Working...
                                X