Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hifz Experiences

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Hifz Experiences

    Originally posted by Abdullah Fatih View Post
    Repeat it like 70 times.. or even a hundred times
    brother , i already tried that method,,,, yesterday for more than 1 hr i kept on memorising this one ayah, and its still not nailed.
    The Masjid's are free, but empty,
    The Clubs are paid and full,
    Its free to enter Heaven
    But costly to enter Hell.

    Comment


    • Re: Hifz Experiences

      Originally posted by nymph View Post
      brother , i already tried that method,,,, yesterday for more than 1 hr i kept on memorising this one ayah, and its still not nailed.
      Try to link it with something. Like find a similarity or something that connects it to the previous ayah and the following one. It could be a harakat or related to the meaning. My teacher helped me with something similar.

      لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

      -------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      -------------------------------------------------------
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

      Comment


      • Re: Hifz Experiences

        Originally posted by nymph View Post
        brother , i already tried that method,,,, yesterday for more than 1 hr i kept on memorising this one ayah, and its still not nailed.
        do u reflect on the meaning of each ayat before u memorize. Underline the words u dont understand and byheart thier meaning. Another method is writing down the ayat .
        “ I try to be El diplomatique ~Abu General El Diplomatique

        Comment


        • Re: Hifz Experiences

          Originally posted by nymph View Post
          salam,
          iam currently on Surah Ya-Sin, and m having difficulty in kinda getting this verse ( إِنَّا جَعَلْنَا فِي أَعْنَاقِهِمْ أَغْلَالًا فَهِيَ إِلَى الْأَذْقَانِ فَهُم مُّقْمَحُونَ ﴿٨ stick to my brain, i am not able to memorise it confidently, so when m revising the Surah, this Ayah makes me stuck.

          Any tips, getting this done over with??
          It's good to figure out how/why/where you're getting stuck.

          If you're having a hard time remembering the beginning of the verse after the end of the previous verse, then practice the previous verse and include the beginning of this one as though it's part of it.

          If you can get partly through but have a problem remembering what comes next, you could focus on that part of the verse and make sure you look up the word for word translation to see what the word means that you are getting stuck on. Sometimes this will help me to remember it.

          If it's the pronunciation of one of the words, then practice just that word(s) until it rolls off of your tongue easily. Once it's good, then recite what comes before it and after it all together.

          Also try reciting along with a Qari that you listen to regularly so that the sound and rhythm of it will stick in your head. It will give you good practice and I find that when I listen and recite along while reading I'll 'accidentally' memorize even when I'm just trying to practice. Taking the pressure off of yourself and just telling yourself that you're practicing it may make it stick as well. Quran Explorer and House of Quran are good sites that you can use to repeat a single verse or group of verses as much as you like.

          Are you sleeping? I find if I don't sleep enough no matter how hard I study, it doesn't stick. But once I get some sleep it comes right out easily.

          Finally, make dua before re-memorizing that verse and then do it again.

          Hopefully :insha: , Allah will make it easier for you. :)

          Comment


          • Re: Hifz Experiences

            Originally posted by nymph View Post
            salam,
            iam currently on Surah Ya-Sin, and m having difficulty in kinda getting this verse ( إِنَّا جَعَلْنَا فِي أَعْنَاقِهِمْ أَغْلَالًا فَهِيَ إِلَى الْأَذْقَانِ فَهُم مُّقْمَحُونَ ﴿٨ stick to my brain, i am not able to memorise it confidently, so when m revising the Surah, this Ayah makes me stuck.

            Any tips, getting this done over with??
            Listen to Sheikh Sudais, Surah Yaseen is kinda written on my heart, cuz I have listened to it so many times,
            But still I'm trying to stick the last page of it in my heart,
            InshaAllah, May Allah make it easier for you !!
            Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

            Comment


            • Re: Hifz Experiences

              Originally posted by nymph View Post
              brother , i already tried that method,,,, yesterday for more than 1 hr i kept on memorising this one ayah, and its still not nailed.
              See post 845 !!
              Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

              Comment


              • Re: Hifz Experiences

                Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post
                It's good to figure out how/why/where you're getting stuck.

                If you're having a hard time remembering the beginning of the verse after the end of the previous verse, then practice the previous verse and include the beginning of this one as though it's part of it.

                If you can get partly through but have a problem remembering what comes next, you could focus on that part of the verse and make sure you look up the word for word translation to see what the word means that you are getting stuck on. Sometimes this will help me to remember it.

                If it's the pronunciation of one of the words, then practice just that word(s) until it rolls off of your tongue easily. Once it's good, then recite what comes before it and after it all together.

                Also try reciting along with a Qari that you listen to regularly so that the sound and rhythm of it will stick in your head. It will give you good practice and I find that when I listen and recite along while reading I'll 'accidentally' memorize even when I'm just trying to practice. Taking the pressure off of yourself and just telling yourself that you're practicing it may make it stick as well. Quran Explorer and House of Quran are good sites that you can use to repeat a single verse or group of verses as much as you like.

                Are you sleeping? I find if I don't sleep enough no matter how hard I study, it doesn't stick. But once I get some sleep it comes right out easily.

                Finally, make dua before re-memorizing that verse and then do it again.

                Hopefully :insha: , Allah will make it easier for you. :)
                :jkk:
                So where's your hifdh journey? May Allah make it easier for you,!
                Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

                Comment


                • Re: Hifz Experiences

                  What method do you brothers/sisters use for memorizing?
                  how many ayah do you memorize in a hour, or daily, how many times do you repeat it, how many times do you review it before moving onto next ayah, do you increase how much your memorize?

                  Comment


                  • Re: Hifz Experiences

                    Originally posted by Umar_ View Post
                    What method do you brothers/sisters use for memorizing?
                    how many ayah do you memorize in a hour, or daily, how many times do you repeat it, how many times do you review it before moving onto next ayah, do you increase how much your memorize?
                    It's about how strong your memory is,
                    http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...memorize-Quran
                    http://quranforbusypeople.wordpress....ize-the-quran/
                    Well I just read the whole page until I'm fluent, then verse by verse,
                    listening to recordings is a way to strengthen your memorization,\
                    Hope that helps,
                    :jkk:
                    Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

                    Comment


                    • Re: Hifz Experiences

                      Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
                      :jkk:
                      So where's your hifdh journey? May Allah make it easier for you,!
                      I'm still in the middle of it!
                      Ameen to your dua.
                      May Allah make it easier for all of us to memorize His Quran.

                      Originally posted by Umar_ View Post
                      What method do you brothers/sisters use for memorizing?
                      how many ayah do you memorize in a hour, or daily, how many times do you repeat it, how many times do you review it before moving onto next ayah, do you increase how much your memorize?
                      This is a nice website that has many different methods for memorizing: http://hifdh.weebly.com/hifz-guide.html

                      For me personally: I try to listen to and practice reading/reciting along with a Qari and on my own as much as possible before trying to memorize. I don't memorize by timing, but by amount. My teacher usually assigns me an amount and I'll try to complete it for the next class. The usual amount for me has been 1/2 page per day(7-8 lines in 15 line mushaf). But I could do more when I get on a roll and read/practice ahead. Or I'll need to do less if I'm out of practice from being sick, spending more time reviewing, etc.

                      Depending on how much I've worked ahead, I may read a verse anywhere from 5-20 times while looking, then at least 10 times not looking. Move on to the next and repeat this. Then read them together several times while looking and then maybe 5 or so times not looking. When I've completed the portion I'm doing for the day I read the entire thing at least 20 times looking at the mushaf. This makes it solid and I hardly have any problems recalling it after this. But even if I do, then the next day I'll practice reading it 5-10 times looking then the same amount not looking.

                      As for increasing amount, I find that it becomes easy to do when you are consistent in memorizing. But I wouldn't suggest increasing the amount that you memorize until you've gotten your reviewing down pat. From my own experience, I found I was able to memorize easily and more quickly the more I do it, but then don't keep up with the reviewing. I've been told that it's best to review everything you've memorized once a week. Once every 2 weeks at the most. Memorizing is the easy part, it's reviewing and maintaining that takes the most work.

                      Comment


                      • Re: Hifz Experiences

                        Originally posted by Umar_ View Post
                        What method do you brothers/sisters use for memorizing?
                        how many ayah do you memorize in a hour, or daily, how many times do you repeat it, how many times do you review it before moving onto next ayah, do you increase how much your memorize?
                        At the beginning you will most likely start off small.. but then you will gradually increase.
                        I started of by half a page a day then steadily increased to two until I finally reached 3 pages.
                        º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

                        Comment


                        • Re: Hifz Experiences

                          Originally posted by Umar_ View Post
                          What method do you brothers/sisters use for memorizing?
                          how many ayah do you memorize in a hour, or daily, how many times do you repeat it, how many times do you review it before moving onto next ayah, do you increase how much your memorize?
                          When j was doing hifdh, I would only repeat continously when I got tired in madrasa and there were still houras until my mom picked me up lol bit when I was memorizing seriously, well you have to find a pattern first. Theres always a pattern and then read the sabaq like a few times to get familiar. Then start memorizing. Take like three words at a time and then next three or foir and so on. Then go to the second verse and repeat and then go back and read second and first verses without looking. Do the same for thitd and fourth. Dont be concerned with making it totally solid because this sounds amazing and youveprobly experienced.it but twhen you go to sleep.aft hardcore memorizing and its not even that solid the next morning its so pakka! Like really its a miracle. And start with like 3/4 page atleast because of you take half half page your para sabaq will get kacha easily.

                          Comment


                          • Re: Hifz Experiences

                            Originally posted by AdenWaAbyan View Post
                            When j was doing hifdh, I would only repeat continously when I got tired in madrasa and there were still houras until my mom picked me up lol bit when I was memorizing seriously, well you have to find a pattern first. Theres always a pattern and then read the sabaq like a few times to get familiar. Then start memorizing. Take like three words at a time and then next three or foir and so on. Then go to the second verse and repeat and then go back and read second and first verses without looking. Do the same for thitd and fourth. Dont be concerned with making it totally solid because this sounds amazing and youveprobly experienced.it but twhen you go to sleep.aft hardcore memorizing and its not even that solid the next morning its so pakka! Like really its a miracle. And start with like 3/4 page atleast because of you take half half page your para sabaq will get kacha easily.
                            Maashaa Allah.. ukhti for me it was sorta the same..

                            i thought of this very nice way of memorizing,

                            start by memorizing the first line, and repeat it until you get it down..

                            then.. move onto the next line, memorize that.. once u get that down, go back to the first line, and start reading from there off memory until the second line.

                            Then on to the third line, memorize it, go back to the top, and read from the top until this third line u've just memorized , without looking at the mushaf..

                            then the 4th line, 5th, 6th line till the end of the page.. so every time u memorize a new line, u always go back to the first line and read from there until the most recent line u've just memorize... all without look at the mushaf of course.

                            By the time u get to the end of the page, it will be very firm in your head bi ithnillah..

                            and if you feel like your up for it, when u start memorizing the next page.. every line that u memorize, make sure to go back to the first page you memorized and start from the first line on that page, read through it all and get to the next page like that. again , without looking.. all the way to the end of that page.

                            if u are to do that, it will be perfectly settled in your head.

                            I tried this method out, and it proved to be golden .. wallahi i firmly memorized every page that I practiced on with this method.
                            º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

                            Comment


                            • Re: Hifz Experiences

                              Originally posted by Umar_ View Post
                              What method do you brothers/sisters use for memorizing?
                              how many ayah do you memorize in a hour, or daily, how many times do you repeat it, how many times do you review it before moving onto next ayah, do you increase how much your memorize?
                              the method that works best for me is , that the Surah i want to memorise, i will read it for like 40 to 50 times in a span of like 2- 3 days, and then i start memorising with 1 page or a half per day depending upon what u r comfortable with or how much work u got.
                              this method works as my brain get pretty much acquainted with the words and ayahs, so its easy to memorise and also, when m memorising the ayah, like suppose i memorised the ayah 5, ,then i will close the mushaf and start revising from the begining to the ayah i have memorised without looking for like 10 times such that the chain is linked , each ayah is linked to the next verse and this method is repeated for each verse and carried on till the end of Surah.
                              The Masjid's are free, but empty,
                              The Clubs are paid and full,
                              Its free to enter Heaven
                              But costly to enter Hell.

                              Comment


                              • Re: Hifz Experiences

                                how to memorize some of the semi - long surahs like Qiyamt , Qalam , Toor ??

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X