• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Part 2
    • Breaking Barriers

TIME

One major barrier, everyone complains about is time. We don't seem to have enough of it. How many hours are there in a day and night? 24. Point being, time doesn't increase or decrease for a person, it's all about how we utilize it - develop time management skills.

It was once said to Imam al-Sha'bi: "How did you gain all this knowledge?" He replied:

بنفي الاعتماد و السير في البلاد و صبر كصبر الحمار و بكور كبكور الغراب

“By independency, by travelling through cities, by having patience like that of a donkey and by rising early like the rising of crows” - Uluww al-Himmah by Shaykh Muhammad Isma’il al-Muqaddam.

Regarding Imam Sulaym ibn Ayyub al-Razi, it was narrated that he used to account himself even for the number of breaths he took. He never let a moment pass by him without gaining some benefit - he would write, teach or read. One of his students said that one day he (the shaykh) traveled to his house and then returned saying: "I managed to read a Juz on my way".

IT'S IMPOSSIBLE

Another barrier is thinking that a task is impossible, nothing is impossible - the word itself tells you otherwise!

Ibn 'Ata'illah: "Nothing is difficult if you seek it through your Lord, and nothing is easy if you seek it through yourself".

Ibn 'Abdil-Barr said: "The Qur’an is the foundation of knowledge, so whoever memorized it before his coming of age (i.e. puberty), then he went along to study whatever would aid his understanding of it from language, then that would be a great help for him in attaining his objective from it (i.e. knowledge)” - Saheeh Jaami’ Bayaan al ‘Ilm wa Fadhlih 454.

VALUING YOURSELF

Some people tend to have a low opinion of themselves, which acts as another barrier. This doesn't befit the Muslim. Always have a high opinion of yourself and have good expectations from Allah 'azza wa jall and He will in turn fulfill your expectations.

NOTE: there is a difference between high aspirations and arrogance.
    • Value your time
    • Be around good company
    • Value your goals and aims
    • Do not belittle yourself through sins
    • Be grateful to Allah 'azza wa jall
    • Judge yourself (concerning Hifdh) but not too harshly
    • Be positive
    • Value your efforts and capability.

MENTAL BARRIERS

Thinking that you don't possess the mental capacity for hifdh is in reality a mental barrier. Break it. Human beings have been blessed with a vast, complex and incredibly amazing brain - it is designed to grow with usage. The more you utilize aspects of your brain, memory etc the more it's capacity will grow.

THERE ARE NO BARRIERS IN INTENTION

Be truthful to yourself and to your Lord, and have sidq al-niyyah (true/sincere intention).

Incident

One day, ‘Abdullaah ibn ‘Umar, ‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr, Mus’ab ibn al-Zubayr and ‘Abdul-Malik ibn Marwaan gathered in the courtyard of the Ka’bah and Mus’ab said to them “Wish for something”. They said ‘you begin’

So he said, “To take governship over ‘Iraaq, to marry Sukainah bint al-Husayn and ‘Aisha bint Talha ibn ‘Ubayd’Allaah.” And so he achieved that and each one of them (the wives) was given five hundred thousand dirhams in mahr and the like in provision.

‘Urwah ibn al-Zubayr wished for Fiqh and that hadeeth be taken from him – and he achieved that.

‘Abdul-Malik wished for Khilaafah – and he achieved that.

And ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Umar [RA] wished for Paradise… - 'Uluww al-Himmah

Al-Bukhari reported, the Messenger of Allah (salah allah ‘alayhi wa salam) said: “So when you ask Allah (for something), then ask for Al-Firdaws, which is the middle-most and highest part of Paradise. Above it is the Throne of ar-Rahman and from it originate the rivers of paradise".

Al-Hasan al-Basri said, “Whoever competes with you in the Deen then try to surpass him, and whoever competes with you in the matters of this life then throw it back at him.”

Gradualism vs. Haste

Imam al-Zuhri said: “Whoever attains knowledge all at once, knowledge will leave him all at once. Indeed, knowledge is only sought throughout the bitter (or passing of) days and nights".

The Hafidh's Journey
    Memorising the Qur’an is not just about memorising the words of Allah `azza wa jall. No. It’s a lot more than that. By understanding the meanings and by making a sincere move to truly live these words, you’ll come to see that it’s actually a magnificent journey…

It’s a journey that takes you through paths you never thought you’d ever tread. A breath-taking trip that will throw you into a sea of knowledge, cast you under the shade of guidance, ascend you to lofty clouds, and bring you back to the harsh realities of life – but as a hakim (wise one). It will take you through paradigm shifts, open your eyes to the unseen and the unheard, it will challenge you, test your limits, break you down and then rebuild you from new.

It will teach you what patience really means, what endurance is, what reliance tastes like, where sincerity comes from, what it means to believe in yourself and most importantly, it will teach you that your success in life and this unpredictable path truly comes from Allah in accordance to who you are, who you want to be, and the level of your faith & driving force.

It is a journey designed so specifically for you, so unique to you. Don’t run lest you stumble, don’t dally lest you miss the signs, and don’t stop lest the gale winds throw you off.

Days and nights will never be the same again. You will struggle with yourself and others, you will feel pains that only Allah knows of, but the sweet taste in your mouth will never let you give up. There will be dashed hopes, failed attempts, and you might miss the train more than once, but the ignited flame of passion within you, will not let you be, so you carry on.

You will be tested and taught your boundaries not as a punishment but as the greatest act of kindness you will ever witness: being shown that your barriers are just that; your barriers. And not Allah’s. He will truly show you your strengths and increase them for you, show you your weaknesses and help you overcome them. He will make sure that you witness all the battlefields known to the Son of Adam; you will battle forces from Shaytan, forces from your surroundings, forces from your emotions, and you will battle the greatest force to reckon with: your mind and soul. Allah will let you fight in these plains, but He will make sure that you not only win the battle, but that you win the entire war.

As you endure and develop grip on this path you will start to feel physically, mentally, and spiritually stronger. You breathe on a deeper level, you see further than you did before, your heart captures what it could not before, and it dawns on you that you are emerging as a completely different person. Your mind is alarmingly clearer, your knowledge more vast, and your ability to understand and comprehend is more than you thought. The blessings in your life don’t stop coming, you see the responses to your du’a, you feel the secure presence and serenity of Allah in your life, you are continuously being taught and continuously improving and the signs all seem to point in one direction: Go forward.

As you arrive in the end, you arrive as a musafir (traveller) arrives home, as a hero returns from the front line, as a beloved comes back home. You arrive with the greatest smile on your face, and a radiant glow in your heart. You look back and see that you’ve crossed over a realm and a world you didn’t know existed.

As an enlightened believer you emerge walking with light upon a lighted path… Your name is the same, but you? No, you will never be the same. What just took place is a transformation like no other; promised to all who decide to take this route. Don’t leave this world without treading this glorious path. Don’t leave without memorising, learning, rather living this Qur’an. Angels align with you as your brothers, and Allah is guiding you back to Him for rewards that no eye has seen, no ear has heard of and no heart of yours ever thought possible. Wa billahi tawfiq.

EDIT: A highly recommended read "The value of time" by Abu Ghuddah and Abdul Fatah

PDF/Online version: https://archive.org/details/TheValue...ttahAbuGhuddah
    Last edited by sunrise867; 11-03-14, 12:45 AM.
    My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
    As You have sanctified Your house,
    Make my heart as protected and as honoured
    In which permission of entry
    Is only granted to a few,
    Please Allah, allow my heart
    To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
    when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
    In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

*Bump*

Gonna add notes from session 3 with Fajr soon :insha:

---

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

SubhanAllah amazing story of Muhammad :love:

I love reading this thread for motivation when I'm feeling stressed.

May Allah Bless you all!!

Comment

Originally posted by The White Rose View Post
          SubhanAllah amazing story of Muhammad :love:

I love reading this thread for motivation when I'm feeling stressed.

May Allah Bless you all!!
          There's an even more inspirational story about an 82 year old grandma who completed her hifdh made me emotional - the amount of dedication compared to some of us youngsters.

I'll be posting it as soon as I get time :insha:

---

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise867 View Post
            There's an even more inspirational story about an 82 year old grandma who completed her hifdh made me emotional - the amount of dedication compared to some of us youngsters.

I'll be posting it as soon as I get time :insha:
            Aww mashaAllah I started hearing a lot of stories like since I started this journey mashaAllah I felt it was Allah Showing me all these signs :) Its sooo exciting!! I heard of a sister just last week I think it was she memorised the Quran within 3 days subhanAllah and then she passed away in sujood!! May we end in such a state Ya Rabb!!

Comment

Part 3
              • Relationship of the Hafidh with their Mushaf

It is important for the person who is memorising the Qur'an to have consistency. Therefore, as a basis, it's important to read and memorise from the same mushaf (copy of the Qur'an) as this will give consistency and mental focus.

A person is free to choose whatever mushaf they are comfortable with. Some people have been taught from a particular script since childhood and getting accustomed to a new script may be challenging, so it's advised that they continue with the one they are used to. However, the best mushaf to memorise from is the Madani (Madinah Complex) one for a number of reasons:

- Every page begins and ends with a complete verse.
              - Certain tajweed rules (the Tanwin and Nun Sakinah) are incorporated into the script.
              - Every Juz is divided into the Ruba' and Hizb (star shaped icons)

1 Ruba' = 2.5 pages roughly
              4 Ruba' = 1 Hizb = 1/2 a Juz
              1 Juz = 20 pages
              30 Juz in the Qur'an
              • Obstacles on the Path

Some obstacles you may face along the way:

> Procrastination ["Tasweef" = delaying till tomorrow]
              > Lack of a teacher
              > Lack of good companionship
              > Lack of motivation
              > Inability to memorise well

And so on..

Hubut and Futur

Hubut هبوط or Futur فتور - meaning ‘diminution, lack of motivation, laxity, mental blocks, laziness, weakness, slackness’

In the course of your Hifdh, watch out for the "Hubut" moments - those days when you can't seem to memorise anything and you seem to have a mental block. These 'down moments' can be worrying and frustrating, and they can sometimes throw you off-course if you don't know how to deal with them.

Why do we face these obstacles?

These moments can occur randomly for different reasons. As a student, you'll have always been told to steer clear of sins and this is because sins bring about these moments of hubut faster and more frequently than anything else - and once you begin to suffer from it, it creates the perfect atmosphere for one to abandon and forget the Qur'an. It's a major tool of Shaytan which he uses to mislead the slaves of Allah from becoming constant in good deeds.

Imam Shafi’ī

Imām ash-Shafi’ī undoubtedly had a powerful memory, he is said to have had one of the best memories. At times, he would run out of equipment to write on, so wrote with his saliva and before the saliva had dried, he'd have memorised it.

It is reported that he memorized al-Muwata from Imām Mālik in a single day. However he began to sense a deficiency in his ability to memorise and retain information, so he asked his Shaykh, the famous Wakī’ bin al-Jarrāh about that. So this situation was turned into prose:

شَكَوْتُ إِلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي... فَأَرْشَنِي إِلَى تَرْكِ الْمَعَاصِي

I complained to Wakī’ of a deficiency in my ability to memorise, so he instructed me to abandon sin

وَقَالَ بِأَنَّ الْعِلْمَ نُورٌ ... وَنُورُ اللهِ لَا يُؤتَاهُ عَاصِي

And he said to me that knowledge is a light, and the light of Allah is not granted to a sinner.

Point being is that Allah is Tayyib (good) and He accepts only that which is tayyib (good). Sins on the other hand are a form of oppression (as the sinner only oppresses themselves) and this represents darkness as deduced from the hadith of the Prophet (sallallahu `alayhi wa sallam) when he said, الظلم ظلمات يوم القيامة “Oppression is darkness on the Day of Judgement.” [Agreed upon] The knowledge which Allah `azza wa jall has revealed and taught to His Messenger (of Qur’an and Islamic ‘ilm) is enshrouded in light and is in fact light itself – so it’s not proper for this light to remain in the dark caverns of a sinner’s heart. Darkness and light cannot co-exist.

However, at times, despite a person's attempts of avoiding sin, they fall into the other 'less known' causes of hubut:

- Stress
              - Work overload
              - Long periods of not listening to or reciting Qur’an
              - Emotions running high or low/emotional instability (such as anger, over-excitement, depression, mood-swings, giddiness etc).
              - Thinking too much
              - Eating too much
              - Sleeping too much
              - Not finding a companion to work with or a teacher to assist you
              - Too much empty time
              - Boredom
              - Receiving too much criticism from others
              - For sisters, you may notice hubut near the times of your menstrual cycle and hence you face mental blocks either before, during or after your cycle or generally when you are hormonal.

What do we do?

A better way to think of it is ‘What would you do if you were on your way somewhere important and something blocked your road?’ Or ‘What if you were going home from university or work but as you come to the tube station, the Underground folks tell you that the Northern Line has been suspended?'

1. When you’ve hit your moment of ‘hubut’, it’s important that whatever happens, you do not end up stopping your Hifdh altogether. You can decrease your portion if necessary, but never halt it.

2. If your moment of hubut is due to something physical (e.g. you’re tired, hungry, or stressed etc) then you need to address this first and overcome it.

3. Stay away from anything which will lower your spirits or demotivate you – be it junk food (this is crime I say), loneliness, laziness, boredom, lack of support, friends/family who may criticize your efforts.

4. Have some organisation in your life. It does wonders to be tidy, neat and organised – and it actually leads you to become more organised and focused at mind. With Hifdh of Qur’an, you need space. That means physical space (periods of solitude to contemplate and memorise) as well as giving yourself mental ‘space’ – if you overwhelm your brain with a hundred tasks or scatter it with stick-it notes, you just won’t find the focus, motivation or time for Hifdh.

5. Routines are the best! Sometimes you need those ‘mundane’ routines in life to ground you. If for example, you have a regular routine of coming home from work, showering, eating and then sitting down for half an hour to memorise half a page, then when you’re hit by hubut one day, you will naturally still be composed and find it easier to continue with that routine compared to someone who has no routine for their Hifdh. And were you to miss that daily half an hour of Hifdh, you will feel weird and like something is missing.

6. Stay active. Physically exercise your body – it’ll make you more alert and creates a sense of passion/ambition in you.

7. Have a deadline, always. Set one deadline for overall Hifdh and have another deadline for every commencing week or month etc. Make sure you write these deadlines in different places – on your work desk, in the kitchen, as a reminder on your phone. This way, whenever you are faced with hubut, you still have a focus and something to work towards.

A point to consider If you look back at the pre-mentioned causes of hubut, you’ll notice a common factor - they are mainly causes which preoccupy and affect one’s heart and state of mind. Hence, to avoid hubut, avoid anything which affects the healthy state of your heart, e.g. having too much attachment to this world.

Realise that through the course of memorising Qur’an you will be undergoing a form of training whereby you attain strong characteristics of a believer :insha: – e.g. a firm and correct belief, patience, zuhd, gratitude, contemplation, determination, courage, humbleness, you gain good judgement, sound mind, kindness & ease in character (riqqa), and so on bi’ithnillah.

So, it's a training period to see you through life, and naturally any form of training will consist of testing moments/obstacles and hence hubut. It actually serves a purpose in the long run - so don't be disheartened and do not give up your goal.

• Methods of Memorisation

1. The Mauritanian method - Repetition, repetition and more repetition.

Day 1
              Write out a page/portion (what you wish to memorise), repeat the page roughly 20 times from the board, repeat off by heart 500 times.

Day 2
              Repeat day 1 for the new portion, repeat the last portion 500 times.

Day 3
              Day 1 for new portion, repeat second portion 150 times, repeat day one 50 times

And so on.. the benefit of this method is that the "review" part of hifdh is incorporated - not much review is needed long-term,

2. Singaporean method

Recite the portion 10 times, recite the portion off by heart 50 times (alternate between 5 times looking and mushaf and 5 times without looking until you complete 50)

3. Gradual method/break down verses (strongest rooted method)

1. Listen to a recitation of the Qur'an portion you wish to memorise.
              2. Read the verse you intend to memorise, making sure to correct all pronounciation.
              3. Repeat until fluency is gained in reading.
              4. Recite with the rules of tajweed.
              5. Repeat recitation at least 5 times.
              6. Commit to memory.

When that verse is solid and memorised, proceed to the next verse and follow the same steps above. When that has been committed to memory, recite the two verses linking them. Do this for all the verses you intend to memorise until you've completed your portion for the day.

It's important to have set portions everyday to build a momentum, a flow to keep you going.

How do you learn best?

Take the VARK test to find out your best learning method.

http://www.vark-learn.com/english/pa...=questionnaire

Memorisation vs. Review

As you progress in your hifdh, the amount you need to review will increase along with the amount you're able to memorise.

It's important that you develop a good strategy to help you review the Qur'an and the portions you've already memorised. This becomes easier with time, steadiness and consistency.

African method of review
              Sub'is - a group of huffadh sit and recite (off by heart) in turns the part of the Qur'an they have memorised (ayah by ayah) - never stopping, at a fast pace, if one makes 3 mistakes, they're out of the circle.

Some ways you can review:

> Have a teacher/constant supervision
              > Use progress charts
              > Adopt a ratio of hifdh-to-review and be steady in that e.g. 1:1 or 1:2
              > Upon completion of a Surah, recite it from beginning to end without stopping
              > Upon completion of a Juz, recite it all in one sitting

The secret of having a good review program is to do as many 'rounds' of recitation (off by heart) as possible. This means trying to complete your memorised portion over and over again in short periods of time.

"My hifdh became like Surah al-Fatiha when I completed by 80th khatmah - Anon"

---

Comment

A Grandmother Who Completed Memorizing the Qur’an at Eighty-Two Years Old

Al-Hamdulillaah (All-Praise is due to Allah), the One Who said (what means): "And in truth We have made the Qur’aan easy to remember; but is there any that remembers?" Surah 54: 32

Many all over the world memorize the Qur’aan, and it is not strange to see the youth memorizing the Noble Qur’aan and an early age. Al-Hamdulillaah, the One who made the Qur’aan easy for remembrance, had made it easy for Umm Saalih age 82. In an interview with Umm Saalih, she was asked the following questions:

Q1: "What was the reason that drove you to memorize the Qur’aan after so many years?"

She said, "I always hoped to memorize the Qur’aan from the time I was young. My father always used to invoke Allaah for me to become one of the memorizers of the Qur’aan, like himself and like the elder brothers of my family who memorized it. So I memorized in the beginning about three parts and then after I completed the age of thirteen, I got married and became busy with the household and the children. After I had seven children, my husband died. They (the children) were all young so I took the time to raise them and educate them, and then after they grew up and got married, I had more time for myself. Therefore, the first thing I directed myself to focus upon was the Qur’aan.

Q2: "Tell us about your journey with the Noble Qur’aan."

She said, "My younger daughter was going to high school and she was the closest of my children to me and the most beloved, because she stayed with me after her older sisters got married and got busy with their lives, and because she was a quiet girl, upright, loving, and good. In addition, she was interested in learning the Noble Qur’aan, and her teachers encouraged her.

Furthermore, she was very enthusiastic and always told me of many women who were driven by this great motivation to memorize the Qur’aan, and this is where I started."

Q3: "Tell me about your way of memorization."

She said, "We assigned ten verses (meaning her and her daughter who was going to high school). So each day after Asr, we used to sit together. She reads and I repeat after her three times. Then she explains the meaning to me, and after a while, she repeats that three times. On the next morning, she repeats them to me before she goes to school.

She recorded also the recitations of Ash Shaykh al Husary, Rahimuhullaah, repeating each verse three times and thus I continued to listen most of the time. Therefore, the next day we would go to the next ten verses if my memorization was good. Otherwise, we would postpone taking additional verses until the day after. Moreover, we assigned the day of Friday to review the memorizations of the entire week. And this was the journey from the beginning."

Then she said, "Over four years and a half, I memorized twelve juz" according to the way I described to you. Then this young daughter got married. When her husband knew of our task concerning the memorization, he rented a house close to me, close to my house, so that he could allow the continuation of the memorization. In addition, he, May Allah reward him used to encourage us and sometimes sit with us listening, explaining and teaching.

Then after three years of her marriage, my daughter got busy with the children and the household and our schedule was interrupted, but that did not make her give up. To the contrary, she sensed that my eagerness for the memorization was still established so she looked for a special good teacher to continue the journey under her supervision. So, I completed the memorization by the success of Allaah and my daughter is still working to finish the memorization of the Glorious Qur’aan. She has a little left, In Shaa Allaah Ta’aala.

Q4: "This motivation of yours, did it have an effect on other women around you?"

She said, "It really had a good strong effect. My daughters and stepdaughters were all encouraged and worked on learning and teaching the Qur’aan to their children and learning it themselves.

Q5: "After finishing the Noble Qur’aan, don’t you think about working on memorizing hadith?"

She said, "Now I have memorized ninety hadith and In Shaa Allaah I will continue the journey. I depend, in my memorization, upon the tapes and upon the Qur’aan radio station. At the end of each week, my daughter comes and checks for me the memorization of three hadith, and I am trying now to memorize more.

Q6: "Over this period of memorization of the Qur’aan, did your life change? Was it affected in one way or another?"

She said, "Yes, I went through a major change and I tried always, all praise is due to Allaah, to obey Allaah before I started the memorization. However, after I started the task of memorization, I began to feel a self-comfort, a great self-comfort and all worries began to move away from me. I even reached the stage of freeing myself from all these excessive worries concerning fearing for the children and their affairs, and my morale was boosted.

I had a noble objective to work for and this is a great Ni’mah (Favor) from Allaah . upon me, since we know that some women, when they get old and they do not have a husband, and their children got married, may be destroyed by the empty time, thoughts, worries, and so forth. But, AlHamdulillaah, I didn’t go through this and I made myself busy with a great task and a great objective.

Q7: "Didn’t you think at one point, to join one of the circles focusing on teaching the Noble Qur’aan?"

The answer was, "Yes, some of the women suggested this to me, but I am a woman who got used to staying at home, and I don’t like to go out everyday, and Al Hamdulillaah, my daughter sufficed me from all difficulty and I was so happy while I was learning from her. My daughter had set an example in goodness and righteousness which we rarely find in our days.

She started this task and journey with me while she was an adolescent and this is a critical age many people complain of. She used to pressure herself so that she could have spare time to teach me, and she used to teach me with kindness and wisdom. Her husband was a good help to her and he exerted a lot of effort. I ask Allaah . to give them success and to bring their children up on uprightness."

Q8: "What do you say to a woman of your age who wishes to learn and memorize the Qur’aan yet she is worried about it and feeling unable to?"

She said, "I say to her there their shall be no despair with the firm, sincere and truthful determination. Begin with sincerity, firm determination and dependence on Allaah at each time. And remember that at this age you should have the time for yourself. However, do not use your time to only go out or to sleep and so forth. Rather, busy yourself with righteous work.

Q9: "Now what would you say to a woman who is still young? What would you advise her?"

She, may Allaah preserve her, said: "Preserve Allaah and He will preserve you. Make use of the favor of Allaah bestowed upon you from health and ways and means of comfort. Use that to memorize the Book of Allaah. This is the light which enlivens your heart, your life and your grave after you die.

And if you have a mother then exert the effort to teach her, and there is no better favor upon a mother than one of her righteous children aiding her to be close to Allaah."

Presented on the 1st of Muharram 1426, Feb 10th 2005. Originally published in Ad-Da’wah Magazine, no.1552, 17th of Rabee’ Al-Awwal 1417,corresponding to Aug 1, 1996.

---

Comment

Misk Academy's "I Wanna Be a Hafidh Too!" Workshop
                  "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                  (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                  He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

I want to ask all my brothers and sisters here, 'does cod liver oil tablets help in memorization of Quran?'
                    I read it somewhere, waiting eagerly for the answer!
                    Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Most of you have probably already heard/seen the "Traveller with the Qur'an" series. Below is a small snippet just to serve as a reminder.. if that doesn't motivate us, I don't know what else will. May Allah protect him and grant him entrance into Jannat ul Firdaws, Ameen.

---

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
                        I want to ask all my brothers and sisters here, 'does cod liver oil tablets help in memorization of Quran?'
                        I read it somewhere, waiting eagerly for the answer!
                        Good question. First, it won't help your memory if it is already functioning at its best level.

However, if you are deficient in fatty acids such as omega 3 then it will help to bring your brain function to its optimal level.

Cod liver oil provides

Vitamin D
                        Omega 3 fatty acids

There are Vitamin D receptors in the Hippocampus. This is the part of the brain responsible for memory. The Vitamin D cod liver oil provides protects the neurons in this area of the brain.

"Electrical signals used in thought, memory and processing bounce around in your brain and get transferred from one brain cell (neuron) to another via a point called a synapse, where the signals cross a physical channel before moving on to the next neuron. The walls that these signals need to pass through are comprised of cell membranes made up of about 20% essential fatty acids – like the Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil."

For more detail consult the following two websites

Dr. Mercola
                        12 Performance Mental Hacks
                        Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
                          Good question. First, it won't help your memory if it is already functioning at its best level.

However, if you are deficient in fatty acids such as omega 3 then it will help to bring your brain function to its optimal level.

Cod liver oil provides

Vitamin D
                          Omega 3 fatty acids

There are Vitamin D receptors in the Hippocampus. This is the part of the brain responsible for memory. The Vitamin D cod liver oil provides protects the neurons in this area of the brain.

"Electrical signals used in thought, memory and processing bounce around in your brain and get transferred from one brain cell (neuron) to another via a point called a synapse, where the signals cross a physical channel before moving on to the next neuron. The walls that these signals need to pass through are comprised of cell membranes made up of about 20% essential fatty acids – like the Omega-3 fatty acids found in fish oil."

For more detail consult the following two websites

Dr. Mercola
                          12 Performance Mental Hacks
                          the ulema of the past spoke highly of nuts like cashews

Comment

I wish to recite 3 hours daily. Any good timings to do it. Yesterday i could only do it for 20 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Aj2 View Post
                              I wish to recite 3 hours daily. Any good timings to do it. Yesterday i could only do it for 20 minutes.
                              Before Fajr.

Comment

Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post
                                Before Fajr.
                                You mean during tahajjud?
                                Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Working...
                                X