X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
    i dont think its recommended to learn the quran in such a short space of time. This method does not allow one to revise what they have learnt and will then tend to forget major parts of it. Hats off to them if they dont but i think many would.
    The recommended time span is usually 2 to 3 years. This way enables plenty of time for revision and for the quran to be implanted into your long term memory. even then it takes constant revision for the rest of your life to keep it.

Comment

Originally posted by UFM View Post
      i dont think its recommended to learn the quran in such a short space of time. This method does not allow one to revise what they have learnt and will then tend to forget major parts of it. Hats off to them if they dont but i think many would.
      The recommended time span is usually 2 to 3 years. This way enables plenty of time for revision and for the quran to be implanted into your long term memory. even then it takes constant revision for the rest of your life to keep it.
      I agree with you, but I thought it was an interesting hifz journey. Maybe they do focus a lot on revision after completing so as not to forget.
      "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
      (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
        I agree with you, but I thought it was an interesting hifz journey. Maybe they do focus a lot on revision after completing so as not to forget.
        they have to focus on revision after the course, there is no other way otherwise they will forget. Even those that take a long time have to do a lot of revision, otherwise they too will forget.

Comment

Originally posted by UFM View Post
          I disagree i think that what matters is the revision not the time in which one memorises the Quran. sh maher muhaiqali memorised in 6 months.I personally know brothers who memorised it in 8 months.
          The point is to maintain 100% memory so that you can write an entire quran from memory how you do that is your choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
            Mashallah you hifzed surah al-baqara and the next one. You should just read them again and keep them memorized.
            I'm planning on taking an year off of work too do it, possibly by Jan 2nd 2015 I will start again if Allah still gives me life until than.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
              I disagree i think that what matters is the revision not the time in which one memorises the Quran. sh maher muhaiqali memorised in 6 months.I personally know brothers who memorised it in 8 months.
              The point is to maintain 100% memory so that you can write an entire quran from memory how you do that is your choice.
              This is what I am saying that revision is the key to it being kept in your heart. But one who tries to memorize it quickly will not have much chance to revise while they are memorising but only after they have completed. Those that memorise the quran under a year are also few and far between or are native Arabic speakers and understand Arabic. The majority take at least two to three years. By all means if you can do it quickly go ahead at the end of the day what's important is that it's memorised. I for one do not think it should be rushed.
              Last edited by UFM; 19-01-14, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Any tips for revising a lot of juzz while still doing hifdh?
                ومن احسن من الله حكما لقوم يقنون

Comment

This is a very good useful thread :)

keep posting advice and tips here

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous321 View Post
                    Any tips for revising a lot of juzz while still doing hifdh?
                    divide them up and keep memorizing them. Try to stretch the days out like first revise after three days then after four then after five so it goes in your long memory.
                    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

I love this thread :jkk: for that hadith Br TMR.
                      ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                      Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

My 2 cents.... Even after hifz... The maintaining of it is crucial. If your in both stages... I would definitely recommend early in the morning... Fajr time and straight after Fajr. This is the best time to learn or do anything... So much barakah.

This is a great thread. So much to learn from it.. So much advice. JazakAllah!

Comment

Memorize when on the bus stop or while travelling to anywhere. I complete a juz by that way. by the way, I have only memorized three ajza
                          Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

I have kinda same question!

Comment

How to stay awake whole night for Tahajjud if one has to go to school next day. Any quick help would be appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by AbulUthman View Post
                                How to stay awake whole night for Tahajjud if one has to go to school next day. Any quick help would be appreciated!
                                Don't try and stay awake the whole night, your body also has needs, so sleep for a bit. And take a nap during the day. We can all actually get by with a lot less sleep than what would be normal if we spend that time at night in ibaadah...
                                "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                                (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Working...
                                X