• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F_R
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
    how many hours would you say needs to put in a day for someone who is trying to memorize the quran?
    Hifdh is easy peasy lemon squeezy. As they say, it's retaining it and revising that's the challenge.

Also i think putting things like hours etc to it isn't suitable for everyone. Depending if you're a timetable/hourbyhour human or a natural/free flow person these things will vary. But i've found that it's not so rigid except if we make it.

Ah, an using ramadhan is always a good opportunity to get into a routine of daily revision etc coz we don't have the influences of shaytan and during ramadhan we tend to get purified i mean like our hearts are cleansed so :insha: atleast towards the end of ramadhan we're less influenced by shaytan etc so it's easier to get into a habit of some sort.
    Last edited by F_R; 15-08-13, 11:13 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AhlulQuran88
    replied
    So much works goes into getting a ijaza. The recitation for the ijaza part is the easy part.

The months/years of learning is the hard part.

Limiting oneself to small calibre recitors is also a problem. Traveling to recite to major recitors every year to keep you on your toes is a must.

Leave a comment:

• whisperofimaan
    replied

Originally posted by arif123f View Post
    There is a boy who is hafiz lives beside my house.He completed hifz course in 6 months.
    MashaAllah, that means he spent alot of time memorizing. May Allah bless him, ameen

Leave a comment:

• arif123f
    replied

Originally posted by whisperofimaan View Post
    I think it depends on how fast and accurately you can memorize. Some people take longer than others. It also depends on your grasp of the Arabic language. because being familiar with the language( or some words) helps alot. I would say around 4 to 5 hours at least. The important part is to be comfortable at your own pace. If you feel you can handle more, then take on more. It may be tough the first time, but you can easily memorize 2-3 pages a day.
    There is a boy who is hafiz lives beside my house.He completed hifz course in 6 months.

Leave a comment:

• whisperofimaan
    replied

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
    how many hours would you say needs to put in a day for someone who is trying to memorize the quran?
    I think it depends on how fast and accurately you can memorize. Some people take longer than others. It also depends on your grasp of the Arabic language. because being familiar with the language( or some words) helps alot. I would say around 4 to 5 hours at least. The important part is to be comfortable at your own pace. If you feel you can handle more, then take on more. It may be tough the first time, but you can easily memorize 2-3 pages a day.

Leave a comment:

• whisperofimaan
    replied

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
    Regarding some of the comments about reciting Qur'an incorrectly.. it boils my blood when people teach and they can't recite the makhaarij properly. Okay maybe sifaat we may slip up on here and there but not makhraj.

I wish I had a voice in my community.. but I don't, otherwise I would stop all women teaching Qur'an until they can properly recite themselves. There's nothing wrong in reciting to a shaykh, he doesn't have to see our faces. That's something else that annoys me big time, all these women are getting ijazah to teach but no shaykh has listened to them recite. (Unless they have a brother or dad who can recite well) They get tested by women who themselves can't articulate Qur'an and the shaykh or whoever is giving ijazah signs and it's done. I know this all may sound very weird to most people, but that's how it works here.

Learning Qur'an is the first step, everyone wants to do these ilmiyyah courses and things but I realised after having jumped on the bandwagon, you will never be knowledgeable, until you memorise the book of Allah, this includes reciting it properly.
    SubhanAllah so true. I don't think teaching should be taken so lightly. Because they're your students, you have to try your upmost best to teach them proper tajweed and first of all the makharij. You can't start tajweed without even knowing where the proper makharij are. And that's a huge responsibility, not that one should run from it. But go in prepared if you know what I mean. On the other hand alhamdulilah there are many sisters who know their stuff and are amazingly good at teaching.

Leave a comment:

• faatima18
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Muslim First
    replied

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    Frau TalkALot says;

If you want it you can do it. Ask Allah!
    Things must be face2face if that's what you mean.

But you've made thought-provoking points and one will ask around.

Would be lovely to go to Egypt tho :insha: soon.

Lol I can't do much anyway. I'm sure if we search the city we'll find suitable individuals :insha:
    Egypt is good. But Allah knows best when it'll calm down, and you shouldn't have edited your advice.. it was really good. :jkk:

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
    Yes, just like how you did it with egyptian teachers, you can join them in same way. I am very sure they offer this opportunity.

and locally one can ask in their masjid, remember umm abdullaah who used to teach few yrs back? am sure substitute is needed there?

or simply start from home?
    Things must be face2face if that's what you mean.

But you've made thought-provoking points and one will ask around.

Would be lovely to go to Egypt tho :insha: soon.

Lol I can't do much anyway. I'm sure if we search the city we'll find suitable individuals :insha:
    Last edited by F_R; 13-08-13, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Ansaariyah
    replied

That would be in Egypt?

Confused.com
    Yes, just like how you did it with egyptian teachers, you can join them in same way. I am very sure they offer this opportunity.

and locally one can ask in their masjid, remember umm abdullaah who used to teach few yrs back? am sure substitute is needed there?

or simply start from home?

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
    Wa iyyaki :

Usually what happens is after getting an ijazah, your organisation offers (or u can ask) you to volunteer, work together to get the experience, infact some tyms teachers let students teach other junior students under their supervision. So u get affiliation automatically.

If not that then contact your local masjid or community centre with the prospect.

And of course you you can always do it independently. Spread the word. And :insha: students will sign up. I will be the first :)
    That would be in Egypt?

Confused.com

Leave a comment:

• Ansaariyah
    replied

:jkk: you're brilliant :up:

I have an important question. How would someone go about opening up a quran center dedicated to all things Quraan related such as tafseer, hifdh, tajweed, recitation etc. What are the basic things required?
    Wa iyyaki :

Usually what happens is after getting an ijazah, your organisation offers (or u can ask) you to volunteer, work together to get the experience, infact some tyms teachers let students teach other junior students under their supervision. So u get affiliation automatically.

If not that then contact your local masjid or community centre with the prospect.

And of course you you can always do it independently. Spread the word. And :insha: students will sign up. I will be the first :)

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

:jkk: you're brilliant :up:

I have an important question. How would someone go about opening up a quran center dedicated to all things Quraan related such as tafseer, hifdh, tajweed, recitation etc. What are the basic things required?

Leave a comment:

• Ansaariyah
    replied

Anybody got online link to Ibn Katheers volume 7 tafseer please?
    http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Tafs...%20volumes.pdf

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Anybody got online link to Ibn Katheers volume 7 tafseer please?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X