• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abu AbdulRahman
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

deleted
    Last edited by Abu AbdulRahman; 26-08-13, 10:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• abdullahjobair
    replied

I'm trying brother. As a hafiz, please pray for me.

Leave a comment:

• Salams2All
    replied

Advice for those who want to start learning Quran :)

Leave a comment:

• Muzdalifah
    replied

That's actually a good method might try it..

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

Originally posted by nidaelahi View Post
    Walykumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I had previously memorized 24 Juz. and for my 25th Juz i just switched to this method and Alhumdulillah I can already see the benefits. I am able to read more fluently and revise the New Juz faster. Already completed half in like 6 days. And this is the first time my New Juz feels strong and firm like my old ones. Earlier i used to memorize by just readin the verse 2-3 times or little more. but this method makes u read the page so many times that it sticks firmly and also helps u connect verse easily.

Got 5 juz left after this one and will definitely use this method and recommend it to everyone. Also I can use this method to strengthen any weak memorization of the past insha'Allah once i complete my hifz.
    :masha: Tabaarakallah.

Leave a comment:

• nidaelahi
    replied

Assalaamualeikum,

I had met Mufti Ismail Menk and received some similar tips for hifz :-

1) Abstain from sins. Get rid of all sins.
    2) Sleep well
    3) Eat well
    4) Remove all unncessary things from your life.

He also said you should memorize new lesson post maghrib before sleep so it plays in your head all night.
    Originally posted by F_R View Post
    Beautiful advice on how to memorise

Really great stuff :masha: only 6mins long, great stuff. Everyone should know themselves and go at their own pace (without being too lax of course) an not always compare your strategies to others coz we all absorb things differently. Have a target/aim and find your stride to work towards it.

Leave a comment:

• nidaelahi
    replied

I actually did 6 Juz from the back first (i.e 25 to 30 and 15 also as it has surah kahf) . So these have become quite firm over a period of time. then started from beginning and have reached Juz 19 now. I would say 1-7 are pretty good. 8- 10 decent :P but i struggle sometimes from 11-14 and 16-17... guess coz they are still fresh. my revision cycle extends a maximum to 8 days (4juz a day twice rest days 3 juz/day) . So I am now trying to make them good by just repeating the days revision the next day whenever the Juz come up.
    Yaari I echoe the sentiments. The suwar from alBaqarah onwards it's lovely but I realised from about juzz 23 to 24/25 it's not as solid. Even revising. And Surah Al Anaam needs a LOT of work from me, dunno how or why....but yes I got the same thing going on now.

May Allah strengthen it in our hearts and forgive us ameen.
    Last edited by nidaelahi; 23-08-13, 03:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• nidaelahi
    replied

Walykumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I had previously memorized 24 Juz. and for my 25th Juz i just switched to this method and Alhumdulillah I can already see the benefits. I am able to read more fluently and revise the New Juz faster. Already completed half in like 6 days. And this is the first time my New Juz feels strong and firm like my old ones. Earlier i used to memorize by just readin the verse 2-3 times or little more. but this method makes u read the page so many times that it sticks firmly and also helps u connect verse easily.

Got 5 juz left after this one and will definitely use this method and recommend it to everyone. Also I can use this method to strengthen any weak memorization of the past insha'Allah once i complete my hifz.

Originally posted by Illuminati View Post
    :salams:

The method I use for memorizing the Quran

Step 1: Read the line 10 times and continue reading to the next line 10 times.

Step 2: Then read the 2 lines 3 times.

Step 3: Continue step 1 and 2 until the last part of the page.

Now that is short term memorization. We have to now convert this into long term memorization so you remember it later on.

Step 4: The page you are memorizing, open it and read it 20 times.

And then :insha: you will memorize all of this.

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Abdullah Fatih View Post
    you started from an naas up eh ..

alhamdulilah i started from baqara down, because it's those suras that don't give me a hard time at all.

i still struggle with mutafiffeen and bayyinah believe it or not lol
    Yea I did but only till juzz 28 an then I did juzz1. I went back and forth. It's the middle ajzaa from the bottom that are a bit ....need more work I guess.

An from juzz Amma it's always been the beginning of AtTakwir I don't grasp.

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

Ameen.

Leave a comment:

• Abdullah Fatih
    replied

Yaari I echoe the sentiments. The suwar from alBaqarah onwards it's lovely but I realised from about juzz 23 to 24/25 it's not as solid. Even revising. And Surah Al Anaam needs a LOT of work from me, dunno how or why....but yes I got the same thing going on now.

you started from an naas up eh ..

alhamdulilah i started from baqara down, because it's those suras that don't give me a hard time at all.

i still struggle with mutafiffeen and bayyinah believe it or not lol

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
    I don't know how to juggle revision... I have about 9 Ajzaa' from the back that I never get tested on, I have to revise these by myself because I switched to the front. The front parts are going really well alhamdulillah, revision and memorisation. But since I have huge chunks of revision from the front to do daily plus memorisation, I don't always have time to do my juzz from the back... .

Last edited by F_R; 20-08-13, 08:00 PM. Reason: Typo

Leave a comment:

• faatima18
    replied

interesting story of a man reciting quran through an operation.

Leave a comment:

• veetha
    replied

I am currently enjoying the whole process of memorizing. Each surah has a different challenge IMO. There is a great feeling of happiness when I am able to memorize one whole surah.

Please make dua for me so that I can be steadfast in performing this deed. Sometimes, shaytan just whispers and says to me to stop and I become lazy again :(

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Beautiful advice on how to memorise

Really great stuff :masha: only 6mins long, great stuff. Everyone should know themselves and go at their own pace (without being too lax of course) an not always compare your strategies to others coz we all absorb things differently. Have a target/aim and find your stride to work towards it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X