X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Link

^ In that recitation the reciter completes his reading for three different qiraa'at and receives ijaazah in them. He's the first person to complete all ten qiraa'at by studying locally, ma-sha Allah. :)
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

So scary, the thought of nearly getting there. The closer and closer it comes the more scarier it feels, like really scary.

May Allah accept it from us all and make it a means of happiness for our parents from the moment they see the angel of death and may Allah use us for His deen ameen.

I'm gonna plan it In Shaa Allah so that the last Surah I end with is my favourite :insha:

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
        I am finding this new method I've been working on, for maybe a good few months now, really helpful.

I split up everything I've revised into two parts, one is newly memorised and the other is the ajzaa that have been memorised a long time ago and need thorough revision. I've nearly done all of the back ajzaa and I'm catching up to the new revision and it's so nice when you can just recite and not struggle so much...

It is difficult at the starting, minus al baqarah because I think everyone finds that surah easy, but alhamdulillah it only gets easier and easier because you're meant to repeat the part a good couple of times especially where the new and old overlap.

There's a name to this kind of revision, but I don't follow all the rules, it just works with my schedule this way alhamdulillah. :)

I believe I mentioned how difficult I found suratul an'aam, when I finished revision of that surah this time I felt much more confident about it. Next surah I'm finding hard is Surah Yunus...
        Surah Al-Ana'am is Alhamdulillah easy and one of my favourite surahs in recent times.
        الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
          So scary, the thought of nearly getting there. The closer and closer it comes the more scarier it feels, like really scary.

May Allah accept it from us all and make it a means of happiness for our parents from the moment they see the angel of death and may Allah use us for His deen ameen.

I'm gonna plan it In Shaa Allah so that the last Surah I end with is my favourite :insha:
          :masha:
          ameen

so happy for you

what are you scared about?
          just enjoy it, you won't be memorizing anymore after this
          "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
          (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
          He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post

:love: :love:

So happy, I think I'm gonna go cry lol

Ma'sha'Alllaaahh!
            Last edited by sunrise867; 12-12-13, 11:31 PM.
            My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
            As You have sanctified Your house,
            Make my heart as protected and as honoured
            In which permission of entry
            Is only granted to a few,
            Please Allah, allow my heart
            To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
            when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
            In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

:jkk: ^ :love:

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
              :masha:
              ameen

so happy for you

what are you scared about?
              just enjoy it, you won't be memorizing anymore after this
              :jkk: :love:

Dunno what I'm scared about

And this will just be the beginning :insha: there's a lot more afterwards :insha:

لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

MashaAallah! :) do I get an invite to your final lesson?

May Allah make it easy for others to complete soon also.. And accept from those who have already done it. Ameen.
                اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Wanted too do it but Shaytan took me away from it, feel depressed that I couldn't finish it.

Actually memorized Surah Al Baqra and Surah Al Imran by heart but things kind of went downhill for a bit in my life and I recovered very well but my hifz got left behind and now I feel like I don't have any time.

Feel ashamed to even tell people and now I just help others by donating too hifz programs, eases the pain.

Do not invest your hopes in anyone but Allah and do not fear anything but the consequences and repercussions of your sins!

Uthmaan R.A

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
                    Wanted too do it but Shaytan took me away from it, feel depressed that I couldn't finish it.

Actually memorized Surah Al Baqra and Surah Al Imran by heart but things kind of went downhill for a bit in my life and I recovered very well but my hifz got left behind and now I feel like I don't have any time.

Feel ashamed to even tell people and now I just help others by donating too hifz programs, eases the pain.
                    Mashallah you hifzed surah al-baqara and the next one. You should just read them again and keep them memorized.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                      I believe everyone should know.

It's something I spoke about with some of the students at the school I'm at, and something I disagreed with them about. I asked the class whom of them were hafiz, and none of them wanted to say that they were, even though there were some huffaz in the class. When I asked them why no one responded when I had asked, eventually it came out that out of humility they didn't want people to know of that. I told them that was the wrong attitude to have. Being a hafizul Qur'an is not something that a person achieves out of his efforts and striving, although it may seem as such to him. It's a blessing from Allah ta'ala that He grants to whomever of His slaves He wishes. So it's a favour that He has granted you - it's not an achievement on your part. And that being the case, then hiding it from people is not a praiseworthy act of humility but rather a blameworthy act of concealing the blessings of Allah ta'ala, as He has said concerning His favours:

وَأَمَّا بِنِعْمَةِ رَبِّكَ فَحَدِّثْ

And as for the blessing of your Lord, speak out!

(Surah Duha: 11)

This is just my opinion on the matter. And Allah ta'ala knows best.
                      :jkk:

After leaving madrassah, I was given the same naseehah at a gathering once by my teacher. It's quite thought provoking and serves as a reality check for whatever we 'accomplish' in life.

And as you mention, the key aspect is realizing that a blessing such as having the Qur'an memorized, is from Allah Ta'ala and not from our own doing. Alhamdulillah.
                      The Sahaba (radiAllahu anhum) used to cling to the Sunnah just because it was Sunnah
                      Today we abandon the Sunnah, just because it's Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by ImaanSeeker View Post
                        :jkk:

After leaving madrassah, I was given the same naseehah at a gathering once by my teacher. It's quite thought provoking and serves as a reality check for whatever we 'accomplish' in life.

And as you mention, the key aspect is realizing that a blessing such as having the Qur'an memorized, is from Allah Ta'ala and not from our own doing. Alhamdulillah.
                        It's actually something mentioned quite clearly in a hadith:

عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ
                        عُرِضَتْ عَلَيَّ أُجُورُ أُمَّتِي حَتَّى الْقَذَاةُ يُخْرِجُهَا الرَّجُلُ مِنْ الْمَسْجِدِ وَعُرِضَتْ عَلَيَّ ذُنُوبُ أُمَّتِي فَلَمْ أَرَ ذَنْبًا أَعْظَمَ مِنْ سُورَةٍ مِنْ الْقُرْآنِ أَوْ آيَةٍ أُوتِيهَا رَجُلٌ ثُمَّ نَسِيَهَا

Anas ibn Mālik narrated that the Messenger of Allah :saw: said, “All the rewards of [the deeds of] my ummah were displayed to me, to such an extent that even [the reward of] a man removing a speck [of dust or dirt] from the masjid [was shown to me]; and all the sins of my ummah were displayed to me, and I did not see any sin greater than that of a man who is granted [the memorisation of] a sūrah or āyah of the Qur’ān, and thereafter he forgets it.”

(Sunan Tirmidhī – Weak)

And it is stated in the explanation of the hadith:
                        وَإِنَّمَا قَالَ أُوتِيَهَا دُونَ حِفْظِهَا إِشْعَارًا بِأَنَّهَا كَانَتْ نِعْمَةً جَسِيمَةً أَوْلَاهَا اللَّهُ لِيَشْكُرَهَا فَلَمَّا نَسِيَهَا فَقَدْ كَفَرَ تِلْكَ النِّعْمَةَ

"And he only said, 'He was granted it' rather than 'He memorised it', indicating that it is a great blessing that Allah conferred upon him, and when he forgot it, he certainly was ungrateful for that blessing."
                        "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                        (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

For those who missed it and in case it was missed

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...of-its-Bearers

Abū Sa„īd narrated that the Messenger of Allah said, “The Lord says, „Whoever is so preoccupied with the Qur‟ān and My remembrance that he is kept away from asking of Me, I will grant him better than that which I give to those who do ask of Me.‟ And the superiority of the speech of Allah over all other speech is like the superiority of Allah over His creation

My favourite ^^^

لا تفكر كثيرا
                          بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post

Brother , well done. Those two are the two biggest chapters in Quran.

Not easy to remember that. :up:

Comment

They are the easiest ones. Alhamdulillah.

Comment

3 Lessons from Shaykh al Husary rahimahullaah

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                                O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Working...
                                X