X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F_R
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

What do you guys do if you realise that your revision for certain ajzaa aren't as solid as others I mean how do you revise? And if someone hasn't got themselves into a regular revision habit then what would you say? (Last one is a general question)

The longer the Surah the easier it is to revise and to solidify but the ajzaa at the back are not as solid because of their size (and me).

5 months is enough to get into a habit of daily revision nonstop isn't it? I've got exam coming up so will be much more relaxed between oct an nov :insha: to focus my drive solely on quran.

And also what if hmm because I will have a very demanding final year would it be wise to focus on finishing and solidifying hifdh within those 5 months because I don't know how my schedule from feb onwards will be or if I'll be able to dedicate as much. If this makes sense.
    Last edited by F_R; 07-09-13, 03:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Abu AbdulRahman
    replied

I strongly advice everyone making Hifdh to give fajr time a go. Just try it out for one night, wake up one hour before fajr and you be the judge.
    I just did it and subhanallah the page feels so light compared to normal memorization during the day.

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

Originally posted by nidaelahi View Post
    Assalaamu'alykum

Ok guys. 90 Pages left of Hafzi Quran for me. Increasing memorization to 3 pgs/day ... so 27th Sept 2013 is my target for completion...
    Wa alaikum salaam

Ma-sha Allah. :)

Also I read in 1 links from 1 of the guides posted here... After completing hifz Read 2 Paras daily 3 times for a period of 1 year... so every 15 days the entire Quran... thereafter when the memorization is good you can make your daily portion same as Rasulullah (Sallallahu aleihi wasallam) .... I like this plan for review... any other ideas???
    Completing a khatm every fortnight is a good revision routine if you can manage it.

Leave a comment:

• nidaelahi
    replied

Assalaamu'alykum

Ok guys. 90 Pages left of Hafzi Quran for me. Increasing memorization to 3 pgs/day ... so 27th Sept 2013 is my target for completion... reducing the previous memorization review from 3/4 juz to 2 Juz per day just for this month so i can complete my Hifz... Been blessed with a baby boy this Ramdhaan Alhumdulillah . :) gotta give him some attention too ..

Please make duas.....

Also I read in 1 links from 1 of the guides posted here... After completing hifz Read 2 Paras daily 3 times for a period of 1 year... so every 15 days the entire Quran... thereafter when the memorization is good you can make your daily portion same as Rasulullah (Sallallahu aleihi wasallam) .... I like this plan for review... any other ideas???

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

Originally posted by Abu AbdulRahman View Post
    Baraka Allahu feek. I have deleted it to avoid the shubha :)
    Wa iyyaak.

Leave a comment:

• Abu AbdulRahman
    replied

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
    Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah

There are three different paces at which a person is allowed to recite. But in all three cases the application of tajweed must be there. So if you want a fast recitation in order to revise quickly, then find a reciter who naturally recites at a quick pace.

What's been done here is that they've simply taken a normal recitation, and then speeded it up a lot, which distorts the sound of the recitation. To me that's not right, but that's just my opinion...
    Baraka Allahu feek. I have deleted it to avoid the shubha :)
    Last edited by Abu AbdulRahman; 26-08-13, 10:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

Originally posted by Abu AbdulRahman View Post
    Al Salamu Alaikom
    Jazaka Allahu khair
    Are you sure it is not okay for revision purposes?
    Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah

There are three different paces at which a person is allowed to recite. But in all three cases the application of tajweed must be there. So if you want a fast recitation in order to revise quickly, then find a reciter who naturally recites at a quick pace.

What's been done here is that they've simply taken a normal recitation, and then speeded it up a lot, which distorts the sound of the recitation. To me that's not right, but that's just my opinion...

Leave a comment:

• Abu AbdulRahman
    replied

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
    Al Salamu Alaikom
    Jazaka Allahu khair
    Are you sure it is not okay for revision purposes?

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

Last edited by the_middle_road; 26-08-13, 10:58 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Abu AbdulRahman
    replied

deleted
    Last edited by Abu AbdulRahman; 26-08-13, 10:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• abdullahjobair
    replied

I'm trying brother. As a hafiz, please pray for me.

Leave a comment:

• Salams2All
    replied

Advice for those who want to start learning Quran :)

Leave a comment:

• Muzdalifah
    replied

That's actually a good method might try it..

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

Originally posted by nidaelahi View Post
    Walykumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I had previously memorized 24 Juz. and for my 25th Juz i just switched to this method and Alhumdulillah I can already see the benefits. I am able to read more fluently and revise the New Juz faster. Already completed half in like 6 days. And this is the first time my New Juz feels strong and firm like my old ones. Earlier i used to memorize by just readin the verse 2-3 times or little more. but this method makes u read the page so many times that it sticks firmly and also helps u connect verse easily.

Got 5 juz left after this one and will definitely use this method and recommend it to everyone. Also I can use this method to strengthen any weak memorization of the past insha'Allah once i complete my hifz.
    :masha: Tabaarakallah.

Leave a comment:

• nidaelahi
    replied

Assalaamualeikum,

I had met Mufti Ismail Menk and received some similar tips for hifz :-

1) Abstain from sins. Get rid of all sins.
    2) Sleep well
    3) Eat well
    4) Remove all unncessary things from your life.

He also said you should memorize new lesson post maghrib before sleep so it plays in your head all night.
    Originally posted by F_R View Post
    Beautiful advice on how to memorise

Really great stuff :masha: only 6mins long, great stuff. Everyone should know themselves and go at their own pace (without being too lax of course) an not always compare your strategies to others coz we all absorb things differently. Have a target/aim and find your stride to work towards it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X