X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
    I used spaced repetition. Due to my horrible memory I would have probably failed to remember it other wise!
    Assalaamualykum,

Please tell me how to apply Spaced Repitition to revise entire Quran .Can you make a schedule?

Comment

Sometimes if your old memorization is too weak it would make sense not to proceed further and make that firm first. Would definitely help in memorization and revision ahead
      Last edited by nidaelahi; 16-11-13, 05:40 PM.

Comment

I am finding this new method I've been working on, for maybe a good few months now, really helpful.

I split up everything I've revised into two parts, one is newly memorised and the other is the ajzaa that have been memorised a long time ago and need thorough revision. I've nearly done all of the back ajzaa and I'm catching up to the new revision and it's so nice when you can just recite and not struggle so much...

It is difficult at the starting, minus al baqarah because I think everyone finds that surah easy, but alhamdulillah it only gets easier and easier because you're meant to repeat the part a good couple of times especially where the new and old overlap.

There's a name to this kind of revision, but I don't follow all the rules, it just works with my schedule this way alhamdulillah. :)

I believe I mentioned how difficult I found suratul an'aam, when I finished revision of that surah this time I felt much more confident about it. Next surah I'm finding hard is Surah Yunus...
        اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Could you explain this method in detail...

Comment

^ inshaAllah I'll get the rules.

SISTERS: http://www.learnthequran.com/shatibiyyah
            اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Just thought ill post a few guides compiled together

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-d...it?usp=sharing

Comment

Btw who would you say has most right to know that you've memorised the Quraan?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                  whoever helped you and supported you the most + parents

i don't know if it's a right, but that's who i would share the news with
                  "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                  (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                  He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Bit of a strange question. Why would someone need to have a right to know that?
                    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                      Bit of a strange question. Why would someone need to have a right to know that?
                      I know..I thought parents would, that's more what I meant.

Do you think parents have a right to know? 'Right' might be not be the best of words

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

I tell everyone.

Comment

I know..I thought parents would, that's more what I meant.

Do you think parents have a right to know? 'Right' might be not be the best of words
                          I believe everyone should know.

It's something I spoke about with some of the students at the school I'm at, and something I disagreed with them about. I asked the class whom of them were hafiz, and none of them wanted to say that they were, even though there were some huffaz in the class. When I asked them why no one responded when I had asked, eventually it came out that out of humility they didn't want people to know of that. I told them that was the wrong attitude to have. Being a hafizul Qur'an is not something that a person achieves out of his efforts and striving, although it may seem as such to him. It's a blessing from Allah ta'ala that He grants to whomever of His slaves He wishes. So it's a favour that He has granted you - it's not an achievement on your part. And that being the case, then hiding it from people is not a praiseworthy act of humility but rather a blameworthy act of concealing the blessings of Allah ta'ala, as He has said concerning His favours:

وَأَمَّا بِنِعْمَةِ رَبِّكَ فَحَدِّثْ

And as for the blessing of your Lord, speak out!

(Surah Duha: 11)

This is just my opinion on the matter. And Allah ta'ala knows best.

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                            I believe everyone should know.

It's something I spoke about with some of the students at the school I'm at, and something I disagreed with them about. I asked the class whom of them were hafiz, and none of them wanted to say that they were, even though there were some huffaz in the class. When I asked them why no one responded when I had asked, eventually it came out that out of humility they didn't want people to know of that. I told them that was the wrong attitude to have. Being a hafizul Qur'an is not something that a person achieves out of his efforts and striving, although it may seem as such to him. It's a blessing from Allah ta'ala that He grants to whomever of His slaves He wishes. So it's a favour that He has granted you - it's not an achievement on your part. And that being the case, then hiding it from people is not a praiseworthy act of humility but rather a blameworthy act of concealing the blessings of Allah ta'ala, as He has said concerning His favours:

وَأَمَّا بِنِعْمَةِ رَبِّكَ فَحَدِّثْ

And as for the blessing of your Lord, speak out!

(Surah Duha: 11)

This is just my opinion on the matter. And Allah ta'ala knows best.
                            I don't know although I see your point.

I'll think about it :insha:

Btw if someone leaves the Dunya before they completed their first hifdh, do they get rewarded as if they've completed it? As well as all their other intentions that were part of it? If that makes sense.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Btw if someone leaves the Dunya before they completed their first hifdh, do they get rewarded as if they've completed it? As well as all their other intentions that were part of it? If that makes sense.
                              I don't know. But I've heard a story of someone who passed away before completing their hifz, and then afterwards an angel came to them in the grave to teach the rest to them. Can't remember where I heard or read it though or how authentic is. Allah ta'ala knows best.

Comment

*bump*
                                My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
                                As You have sanctified Your house,
                                Make my heart as protected and as honoured
                                In which permission of entry
                                Is only granted to a few,
                                Please Allah, allow my heart
                                To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
                                when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
                                In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Working...
                                X