بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

• Re: Hifz Experiences

:jkk: F_R

Guys, urgent question.. I need a recommendation for a Mushaf with Tajweed rules.. any suggestions???
        My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
        As You have sanctified Your house,
        Make my heart as protected and as honoured
        In which permission of entry
        Is only granted to a few,
        Please Allah, allow my heart
        To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
        when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
        In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
          :jkk:
          And strive because the sweetness of life lies in the struggle - Imam al-Shafi'i

Comment

Originally posted by sunrise786 View Post
            :jkk: F_R

Guys, urgent question.. I need a recommendation for a Mushaf with Tajweed rules.. any suggestions???
            http://www.zamzamdirect.com/colour-c...l#.UnVNqHRFBdg

I've got that but in blue
            "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
            (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
            He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
              :jkk:
              My Lord sanctify my flawed heart
              As You have sanctified Your house,
              Make my heart as protected and as honoured
              In which permission of entry
              Is only granted to a few,
              Please Allah, allow my heart
              To be preserved only for You.

---

It hurts, to watch you leave so soon,
              when I don't know, if I will ever see you again
              In Jannah, we will meet :love:

If I have ever offended, hurt or insulted you, forgive me for the sake of Allah سبحانه وتعالى‎

Comment

:jkk: Amazing website.
                "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

ow do I combine between memorization and revision?

Do not memorize the Quraan without revision, (otherwise) if you memorize the Quraan, page by page until you complete the Quraan, and you wish to return to what you have memorized you would find that you have forgotten what you had memorized.

The correct way is to combine memorization with revision. Divide the Quraan into 3 divisions: every 10 parts (juz) is a division. Then if you memorize one page a day, then you should revise 4 pages a day until you have memorized 10 juz. Then when you have memorized 10 juz, stop for one whole month for revision, everyday revising 8 pages.

And after a month of revision, start memorizing the remainder, a page or two, according to your capabilities and revise 8 pages until you complete memorizing 20 juz. Then when you have memorized 20 juz, stop the memorization for 2 whole months for the revision of the 20 juz, everyday revising 8 pages. Then when the 2 months of revision have passed, start with the memorization, doing one or two pages everyday according to your capability, while revising 8 pages until you complete memorizing the entire Quraan.

When you have completed memorizing the entire Quraan, revise the first 10 juz alone for one month; everyday half a juz. Then you go to the second 10 juz for a month, everyday half a juz and you read 8 pages from the first 10 juz. Then you go to memorizing the last 10 juz for one month, everyday half a juz and 8 pages from the first 10 juz and 8 pages from the second 10 juz.

How do I revise the entire Quraan when I have completed this (above) revision?

Start with revising the entire Quraan: everyday 2 parts (juz), repeating them thrice everyday, thereby completing the revision of the entire Quraan every two weeks. And in this way, during one year you would memorize the entire Quraan with perfection while you use this method the whole year.

-Interview with Sheikh, Doctor Abdul Muhsin Al Qaasim, Imaam and Khateeb of Masjidun Nabawiyy

Comment

I do page wise hifz since i understand the language.It works faster too.I guess depends on ur understanding of the language.Vassalamalaikum va rahmatullah

Comment

Originally posted by nidaelahi View Post
                      ow do I combine between memorization and revision?

Do not memorize the Quraan without revision, (otherwise) if you memorize the Quraan, page by page until you complete the Quraan, and you wish to return to what you have memorized you would find that you have forgotten what you had memorized.

The correct way is to combine memorization with revision. Divide the Quraan into 3 divisions: every 10 parts (juz) is a division. Then if you memorize one page a day, then you should revise 4 pages a day until you have memorized 10 juz. Then when you have memorized 10 juz, stop for one whole month for revision, everyday revising 8 pages.

And after a month of revision, start memorizing the remainder, a page or two, according to your capabilities and revise 8 pages until you complete memorizing 20 juz. Then when you have memorized 20 juz, stop the memorization for 2 whole months for the revision of the 20 juz, everyday revising 8 pages. Then when the 2 months of revision have passed, start with the memorization, doing one or two pages everyday according to your capability, while revising 8 pages until you complete memorizing the entire Quraan.

When you have completed memorizing the entire Quraan, revise the first 10 juz alone for one month; everyday half a juz. Then you go to the second 10 juz for a month, everyday half a juz and you read 8 pages from the first 10 juz. Then you go to memorizing the last 10 juz for one month, everyday half a juz and 8 pages from the first 10 juz and 8 pages from the second 10 juz.

How do I revise the entire Quraan when I have completed this (above) revision?

Start with revising the entire Quraan: everyday 2 parts (juz), repeating them thrice everyday, thereby completing the revision of the entire Quraan every two weeks. And in this way, during one year you would memorize the entire Quraan with perfection while you use this method the whole year.

-Interview with Sheikh, Doctor Abdul Muhsin Al Qaasim, Imaam and Khateeb of Masjidun Nabawiyy
                      I thought stopping ones hifdh for a long period was a not so good idea?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I thought stopping ones hifdh for a long period was a not so good idea?
                        Correct it is not a good idea to stop hifz, it needs constant revision.

I too have embarked on this noble quest, but I only get enough time to memorize 5 lines a day, so it's going to take me a while. I wish I could drop all my responsibilities and just focus on it and get it done in a few years. But I don't have that luxury. Inshallah I will get this task done.

Comment

• Hifz Experiences

there is more then one way to memorise.

In the middle east and Egypt they tend to memorise 10 juzz then revise those and do that till they know 30 ajza perfect.

In Somalia they memorise the Quran in 12 months followed by 6 months of revision where you complete the Quran every 7 days (subcis)

It varies from place to place the main point is perfect memorosation of the ayahs, Vowels at the end of each ayah,stop and pause signs,ayah numbers,page numbers.

If you cant do the above major scholars wont think much of your ijaza

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post

In the middle east and Egypt they tend to memorise 10 juzz then revise those and do that till they know 30 ajza perfect.

In Somalia they memorise the Quran in 12 months followed by 6 months of revision where you complete the Quran every 7 days (subcis)

It varies from place to place the main point is perfect memorosation of the ayahs, Vowels at the end of each ayah,stop and pause signs,ayah numbers,page numbers.

do you have to know the vowels at the end to get an ijaza?
                            "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                            (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                            He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

• Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
                              Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post

do you have to know the vowels at the end to get an ijaza?
                              You need to be able to recite the entire Quran by reading in wasl. So if you cannot connect all the verses, you have not reached the level of ijaza.

If you cannot write it from memory very often you will not get ijaza either. Although some teach that as seperate subject.

It is paramount that you memorise the Quran perfectly. That means That you know all the things i listed above.

Comment

I used spaced repetition. Due to my horrible memory I would have probably failed to remember it other wise!
                                Watch those eyes

Comment

Working...
                                X