This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

I actually did 6 Juz from the back first (i.e 25 to 30 and 15 also as it has surah kahf) . So these have become quite firm over a period of time. then started from beginning and have reached Juz 19 now. I would say 1-7 are pretty good. 8- 10 decent :P but i struggle sometimes from 11-14 and 16-17... guess coz they are still fresh. my revision cycle extends a maximum to 8 days (4juz a day twice rest days 3 juz/day) . So I am now trying to make them good by just repeating the days revision the next day whenever the Juz come up.
    Originally posted by F_R View Post
    Yaari I echoe the sentiments. The suwar from alBaqarah onwards it's lovely but I realised from about juzz 23 to 24/25 it's not as solid. Even revising. And Surah Al Anaam needs a LOT of work from me, dunno how or why....but yes I got the same thing going on now.

May Allah strengthen it in our hearts and forgive us ameen.
    Last edited by nidaelahi; 23-08-13, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Assalaamualeikum,

I had met Mufti Ismail Menk and received some similar tips for hifz :-

1) Abstain from sins. Get rid of all sins.
      2) Sleep well
      3) Eat well
      4) Remove all unncessary things from your life.

He also said you should memorize new lesson post maghrib before sleep so it plays in your head all night.
      Originally posted by F_R View Post
      Beautiful advice on how to memorise

Really great stuff :masha: only 6mins long, great stuff. Everyone should know themselves and go at their own pace (without being too lax of course) an not always compare your strategies to others coz we all absorb things differently. Have a target/aim and find your stride to work towards it.

Comment

Originally posted by nidaelahi View Post
        Walykumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

I had previously memorized 24 Juz. and for my 25th Juz i just switched to this method and Alhumdulillah I can already see the benefits. I am able to read more fluently and revise the New Juz faster. Already completed half in like 6 days. And this is the first time my New Juz feels strong and firm like my old ones. Earlier i used to memorize by just readin the verse 2-3 times or little more. but this method makes u read the page so many times that it sticks firmly and also helps u connect verse easily.

Got 5 juz left after this one and will definitely use this method and recommend it to everyone. Also I can use this method to strengthen any weak memorization of the past insha'Allah once i complete my hifz.
        :masha: Tabaarakallah.
        "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
        (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

That's actually a good method might try it..

Comment

Advice for those who want to start learning Quran :)

Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Comment

I'm trying brother. As a hafiz, please pray for me.

Comment

deleted
                Last edited by Abu AbdulRahman; 26-08-13, 09:22 PM.
                أم حسبتم أن تدخلوا الجنة ولما يعلم الله الذين جاهدوا منكم ويعلم الصابرين

Comment

Last edited by the_middle_road; 26-08-13, 09:58 PM.

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                    Al Salamu Alaikom
                    Jazaka Allahu khair
                    Are you sure it is not okay for revision purposes?

Comment

Originally posted by Abu AbdulRahman View Post
                      Al Salamu Alaikom
                      Jazaka Allahu khair
                      Are you sure it is not okay for revision purposes?
                      Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah

There are three different paces at which a person is allowed to recite. But in all three cases the application of tajweed must be there. So if you want a fast recitation in order to revise quickly, then find a reciter who naturally recites at a quick pace.

What's been done here is that they've simply taken a normal recitation, and then speeded it up a lot, which distorts the sound of the recitation. To me that's not right, but that's just my opinion...

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                        Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullah

There are three different paces at which a person is allowed to recite. But in all three cases the application of tajweed must be there. So if you want a fast recitation in order to revise quickly, then find a reciter who naturally recites at a quick pace.

What's been done here is that they've simply taken a normal recitation, and then speeded it up a lot, which distorts the sound of the recitation. To me that's not right, but that's just my opinion...
                        Baraka Allahu feek. I have deleted it to avoid the shubha :)
                        Last edited by Abu AbdulRahman; 26-08-13, 09:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu AbdulRahman View Post
                          Baraka Allahu feek. I have deleted it to avoid the shubha :)
                          Wa iyyaak.

Comment

Assalaamu'alykum

Ok guys. 90 Pages left of Hafzi Quran for me. Increasing memorization to 3 pgs/day ... so 27th Sept 2013 is my target for completion... reducing the previous memorization review from 3/4 juz to 2 Juz per day just for this month so i can complete my Hifz... Been blessed with a baby boy this Ramdhaan Alhumdulillah . :) gotta give him some attention too ..

Please make duas.....

Also I read in 1 links from 1 of the guides posted here... After completing hifz Read 2 Paras daily 3 times for a period of 1 year... so every 15 days the entire Quran... thereafter when the memorization is good you can make your daily portion same as Rasulullah (Sallallahu aleihi wasallam) .... I like this plan for review... any other ideas???

Comment

Originally posted by nidaelahi View Post
                              Assalaamu'alykum

Ok guys. 90 Pages left of Hafzi Quran for me. Increasing memorization to 3 pgs/day ... so 27th Sept 2013 is my target for completion...
                              Wa alaikum salaam

Ma-sha Allah. :)

Also I read in 1 links from 1 of the guides posted here... After completing hifz Read 2 Paras daily 3 times for a period of 1 year... so every 15 days the entire Quran... thereafter when the memorization is good you can make your daily portion same as Rasulullah (Sallallahu aleihi wasallam) .... I like this plan for review... any other ideas???
                              Completing a khatm every fortnight is a good revision routine if you can manage it.

Comment

I strongly advice everyone making Hifdh to give fajr time a go. Just try it out for one night, wake up one hour before fajr and you be the judge.
                                I just did it and subhanallah the page feels so light compared to normal memorization during the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X