• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F_R
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by Abu AbdulRahman View Post
    Al Salamu Alaikom
    My life has had a drastic turn in terms of a different time schedule etc. and it has ruined my relationship with the quran :(
    I suddenly don't feel motivated to keep on memorizing. I used to memorize 2 pages a day and review 1 juzz now i am down to 0 and 0. Also i have forgot 60% of my hifz and i just don't know where to start now :'(
    I am so depressed and feel like the train is long gone for me.

Advice highly appreciated :'(
    - Sad brother
    Wa alaykumasalaam

It's okay you can pick it up again :insha:. Just acknowledge what's gone wrong and then make a start. Don't go overboard or do too much. Start small and keep at it forever :insha:. When things in life her a bit sticky then you may reduce things if necessary but keep going even with a small amount. Start with going over your revision to kick back your memory and then when comfortable again you can get started.
    Don't say you forgot, ever.

Check this out btw http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...of-its-Bearers

Originally posted by Sara_ View Post
    :jkk:
    A typical recording of surah al baqara takes 2 hours to listen to. How do you learn larger surahs? Also, how many hours a day should you dedicate to learning?
    This depends on the individual. Set yourself a target, a goal and work towards it. You gotta find your own flow and also make dua for yourself. I don't know of many people who started with the longer Surahs, most start from juzz Amma and then do a few more juzz from the back (about 3) and then start with Al Baqarah etc.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please don't forget me in your Duas.
    Last edited by F_R; 10-01-14, 06:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Sara_
    replied

A typical recording of surah al baqara takes 2 hours to listen to. How do you learn larger surahs? Also, how many hours a day should you dedicate to learning?

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

Al Salamu Alaikom
    My life has had a drastic turn in terms of a different time schedule etc. and it has ruined my relationship with the quran :(
    I suddenly don't feel motivated to keep on memorizing. I used to memorize 2 pages a day and review 1 juzz now i am down to 0 and 0. Also i have forgot 60% of my hifz and i just don't know where to start now :'(

- Sad brother
    Yes what Bismil said is true. Just start revising it and it will come to your mind Inshallah. Bit by bit you will recover it.

Leave a comment:

• Bismil
    replied

Al Salamu Alaikom

- Sad brother
    Since you had memorized it , once you read properly it will get back in Sha Allah.

there is always a chance :)

Leave a comment:

• Abu AbdulRahman
    replied

Al Salamu Alaikom

- Sad brother

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

Originally posted by Bismil View Post
    Yes I have heard this from my friends as well , never understood how that works?
    Just easy to remember

Leave a comment:

• Bismil
    replied

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
    They are the easiest ones. Alhamdulillah.

Yes I have heard this from my friends as well , never understood how that works?

Leave a comment:

• Ansaariyah
    replied

3 Lessons from Shaykh al Husary rahimahullaah

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

They are the easiest ones. Alhamdulillah.

Leave a comment:

• Bismil
    replied

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
    Wanted too do it but Shaytan took me away from it, feel depressed that I couldn't finish it.

Actually memorized Surah Al Baqra and Surah Al Imran by heart but things kind of went downhill for a bit in my life and I recovered very well but my hifz got left behind and now I feel like I don't have any time.

Feel ashamed to even tell people and now I just help others by donating too hifz programs, eases the pain.

Brother , well done. Those two are the two biggest chapters in Quran.

Not easy to remember that. :up:

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

For those who missed it and in case it was missed

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...of-its-Bearers

Abū Sa„īd narrated that the Messenger of Allah said, “The Lord says, „Whoever is so preoccupied with the Qur‟ān and My remembrance that he is kept away from asking of Me, I will grant him better than that which I give to those who do ask of Me.‟ And the superiority of the speech of Allah over all other speech is like the superiority of Allah over His creation

My favourite ^^^

Leave a comment:

• the_middle_road
    replied

Originally posted by ImaanSeeker View Post

After leaving madrassah, I was given the same naseehah at a gathering once by my teacher. It's quite thought provoking and serves as a reality check for whatever we 'accomplish' in life.

And as you mention, the key aspect is realizing that a blessing such as having the Qur'an memorized, is from Allah Ta'ala and not from our own doing. Alhamdulillah.
    It's actually something mentioned quite clearly in a hadith:

عَنْ أَنَسِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ
    عُرِضَتْ عَلَيَّ أُجُورُ أُمَّتِي حَتَّى الْقَذَاةُ يُخْرِجُهَا الرَّجُلُ مِنْ الْمَسْجِدِ وَعُرِضَتْ عَلَيَّ ذُنُوبُ أُمَّتِي فَلَمْ أَرَ ذَنْبًا أَعْظَمَ مِنْ سُورَةٍ مِنْ الْقُرْآنِ أَوْ آيَةٍ أُوتِيهَا رَجُلٌ ثُمَّ نَسِيَهَا

Anas ibn Mālik narrated that the Messenger of Allah :saw: said, ummah were displayed to me, to such an extent that even [the reward of] a man removing a speck [of dust or dirt] from the masjid [was shown to me]; and all the sins of my ummah were displayed to me, and I did not see any sin greater than that of a man who is granted [the memorisation of] a sūrah or āyah

(Sunan Tirmidhī
    وَإِنَّمَا قَالَ أُوتِيَهَا دُونَ حِفْظِهَا إِشْعَارًا بِأَنَّهَا كَانَتْ نِعْمَةً جَسِيمَةً أَوْلَاهَا اللَّهُ لِيَشْكُرَهَا فَلَمَّا نَسِيَهَا فَقَدْ كَفَرَ تِلْكَ النِّعْمَةَ

"And he only said, 'He was granted it' rather than 'He memorised it', indicating that it is a great blessing that Allah conferred upon him, and when he forgot it, he certainly was ungrateful for that blessing."

Leave a comment:

• ImaanSeeker
    replied

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
    I believe everyone should know.

It's something I spoke about with some of the students at the school I'm at, and something I disagreed with them about. I asked the class whom of them were hafiz, and none of them wanted to say that they were, even though there were some huffaz in the class. When I asked them why no one responded when I had asked, eventually it came out that out of humility they didn't want people to know of that. I told them that was the wrong attitude to have. Being a hafizul Qur'an is not something that a person achieves out of his efforts and striving, although it may seem as such to him. It's a blessing from Allah ta'ala that He grants to whomever of His slaves He wishes. So it's a favour that He has granted you - it's not an achievement on your part. And that being the case, then hiding it from people is not a praiseworthy act of humility but rather a blameworthy act of concealing the blessings of Allah ta'ala, as He has said concerning His favours:

وَأَمَّا بِنِعْمَةِ رَبِّكَ فَحَدِّثْ

And as for the blessing of your Lord, speak out!

(Surah Duha: 11)

This is just my opinion on the matter. And Allah ta'ala knows best.

After leaving madrassah, I was given the same naseehah at a gathering once by my teacher. It's quite thought provoking and serves as a reality check for whatever we 'accomplish' in life.

And as you mention, the key aspect is realizing that a blessing such as having the Qur'an memorized, is from Allah Ta'ala and not from our own doing. Alhamdulillah.

Leave a comment:

• Kas1m
    replied

Originally posted by Sheikh_Google View Post
    Wanted too do it but Shaytan took me away from it, feel depressed that I couldn't finish it.

Actually memorized Surah Al Baqra and Surah Al Imran by heart but things kind of went downhill for a bit in my life and I recovered very well but my hifz got left behind and now I feel like I don't have any time.

Feel ashamed to even tell people and now I just help others by donating too hifz programs, eases the pain.
    Mashallah you hifzed surah al-baqara and the next one. You should just read them again and keep them memorized.

Leave a comment:

• Sheikh_Google
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X