Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hifz Experiences

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: Hifz Experiences

    Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
    Regarding some of the comments about reciting Qur'an incorrectly.. it boils my blood when people teach and they can't recite the makhaarij properly. Okay maybe sifaat we may slip up on here and there but not makhraj.

    I wish I had a voice in my community.. but I don't, otherwise I would stop all women teaching Qur'an until they can properly recite themselves. There's nothing wrong in reciting to a shaykh, he doesn't have to see our faces. That's something else that annoys me big time, all these women are getting ijazah to teach but no shaykh has listened to them recite. (Unless they have a brother or dad who can recite well) They get tested by women who themselves can't articulate Qur'an and the shaykh or whoever is giving ijazah signs and it's done. I know this all may sound very weird to most people, but that's how it works here.

    Learning Qur'an is the first step, everyone wants to do these ilmiyyah courses and things but I realised after having jumped on the bandwagon, you will never be knowledgeable, until you memorise the book of Allah, this includes reciting it properly.
    SubhanAllah so true. I don't think teaching should be taken so lightly. Because they're your students, you have to try your upmost best to teach them proper tajweed and first of all the makharij. You can't start tajweed without even knowing where the proper makharij are. And that's a huge responsibility, not that one should run from it. But go in prepared if you know what I mean. On the other hand alhamdulilah there are many sisters who know their stuff and are amazingly good at teaching.
    الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

    Comment


    • Re: Hifz Experiences

      Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
      how many hours would you say needs to put in a day for someone who is trying to memorize the quran?
      I think it depends on how fast and accurately you can memorize. Some people take longer than others. It also depends on your grasp of the Arabic language. because being familiar with the language( or some words) helps alot. I would say around 4 to 5 hours at least. The important part is to be comfortable at your own pace. If you feel you can handle more, then take on more. It may be tough the first time, but you can easily memorize 2-3 pages a day.
      الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

      Comment


      • Re: Hifz Experiences

        Originally posted by whisperofimaan View Post
        I think it depends on how fast and accurately you can memorize. Some people take longer than others. It also depends on your grasp of the Arabic language. because being familiar with the language( or some words) helps alot. I would say around 4 to 5 hours at least. The important part is to be comfortable at your own pace. If you feel you can handle more, then take on more. It may be tough the first time, but you can easily memorize 2-3 pages a day.
        There is a boy who is hafiz lives beside my house.He completed hifz course in 6 months.

        Comment


        • Re: Hifz Experiences

          Originally posted by arif123f View Post
          There is a boy who is hafiz lives beside my house.He completed hifz course in 6 months.
          MashaAllah, that means he spent alot of time memorizing. May Allah bless him, ameen
          الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

          Comment


          • So much works goes into getting a ijaza. The recitation for the ijaza part is the easy part.

            The months/years of learning is the hard part.


            Limiting oneself to small calibre recitors is also a problem. Traveling to recite to major recitors every year to keep you on your toes is a must.

            Comment


            • Re: Hifz Experiences

              Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
              how many hours would you say needs to put in a day for someone who is trying to memorize the quran?
              Hifdh is easy peasy lemon squeezy. As they say, it's retaining it and revising that's the challenge.

              Also i think putting things like hours etc to it isn't suitable for everyone. Depending if you're a timetable/hourbyhour human or a natural/free flow person these things will vary. But i've found that it's not so rigid except if we make it.

              Ah, an using ramadhan is always a good opportunity to get into a routine of daily revision etc coz we don't have the influences of shaytan and during ramadhan we tend to get purified i mean like our hearts are cleansed so :insha: atleast towards the end of ramadhan we're less influenced by shaytan etc so it's easier to get into a habit of some sort.
              Last edited by F_R; 15-08-13, 10:13 PM.

              لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

              -------------------------------------------------------
              The children need your prayers more than anyone else
              -------------------------------------------------------
              www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

              Comment


              • Re: Hifz Experiences

                :salams:

                The method I use for memorizing the Quran

                Step 1: Read the line 10 times and continue reading to the next line 10 times.

                Step 2: Then read the 2 lines 3 times.

                Step 3: Continue step 1 and 2 until the last part of the page.

                Now that is short term memorization. We have to now convert this into long term memorization so you remember it later on.

                Step 4: The page you are memorizing, open it and read it 20 times.

                And then :insha: you will memorize all of this.

                Comment


                • Re: Hifz Experiences

                  Beautiful advice on how to memorise

                  Really great stuff :masha: only 6mins long, great stuff. Everyone should know themselves and go at their own pace (without being too lax of course) an not always compare your strategies to others coz we all absorb things differently. Have a target/aim and find your stride to work towards it.

                  لا تفكر كثيرا
                  بل استغفر كثيرا

                  -------------------------------------------------------
                  The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                  -------------------------------------------------------
                  www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

                  Comment


                  • Re: Hifz Experiences

                    I am currently enjoying the whole process of memorizing. Each surah has a different challenge IMO. There is a great feeling of happiness when I am able to memorize one whole surah.

                    Please make dua for me so that I can be steadfast in performing this deed. Sometimes, shaytan just whispers and says to me to stop and I become lazy again :(

                    Comment


                    • Re: Hifz Experiences



                      interesting story of a man reciting quran through an operation.
                      "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                      (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                      He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"
                      .


                      "And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"
                      .

                      Comment


                      • Re: Hifz Experiences

                        Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
                        I don't know how to juggle revision... I have about 9 Ajzaa' from the back that I never get tested on, I have to revise these by myself because I switched to the front. The front parts are going really well alhamdulillah, revision and memorisation. But since I have huge chunks of revision from the front to do daily plus memorisation, I don't always have time to do my juzz from the back... .
                        Yaari I echoe the sentiments. The suwar from alBaqarah onwards it's lovely but I realised from about juzz 23 to 24/25 it's not as solid. Even revising. And Surah Al Anaam needs a LOT of work from me, dunno how or why....but yes I got the same thing going on now.

                        May Allah strengthen it in our hearts and forgive us ameen.
                        Last edited by F_R; 20-08-13, 07:00 PM. Reason: Typo

                        لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

                        -------------------------------------------------------
                        The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                        -------------------------------------------------------
                        www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

                        Comment


                        • Re: Hifz Experiences

                          Originally posted by F_R View Post
                          Yaari I echoe the sentiments. The suwar from alBaqarah onwards it's lovely but I realised from about juzz 23 to 24/25 it's not as solid. Even revising. And Surah Al Anaam needs a LOT of work from me, dunno how or why....but yes I got the same thing going on now.

                          May Allah strengthen it in our hearts and forgive us ameen.
                          you started from an naas up eh ..

                          alhamdulilah i started from baqara down, because it's those suras that don't give me a hard time at all.

                          i still struggle with mutafiffeen and bayyinah believe it or not lol
                          º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

                          Comment


                          • Re: Hifz Experiences

                            Originally posted by F_R View Post
                            May Allah strengthen it in our hearts and forgive us ameen.
                            Ameen.
                            "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                            (al-Baqarah: 143)

                            Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

                            Comment


                            • Re: Hifz Experiences

                              Originally posted by Abdullah Fatih View Post
                              you started from an naas up eh ..

                              alhamdulilah i started from baqara down, because it's those suras that don't give me a hard time at all.

                              i still struggle with mutafiffeen and bayyinah believe it or not lol
                              Yea I did but only till juzz 28 an then I did juzz1. I went back and forth. It's the middle ajzaa from the bottom that are a bit ....need more work I guess.

                              An from juzz Amma it's always been the beginning of AtTakwir I don't grasp.

                              لا تفكر كثيرا
                              بل استغفر كثيرا

                              -------------------------------------------------------
                              The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                              -------------------------------------------------------
                              www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

                              Comment


                              • Re: Hifz Experiences

                                Walykumussalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu,

                                I had previously memorized 24 Juz. and for my 25th Juz i just switched to this method and Alhumdulillah I can already see the benefits. I am able to read more fluently and revise the New Juz faster. Already completed half in like 6 days. And this is the first time my New Juz feels strong and firm like my old ones. Earlier i used to memorize by just readin the verse 2-3 times or little more. but this method makes u read the page so many times that it sticks firmly and also helps u connect verse easily.

                                Got 5 juz left after this one and will definitely use this method and recommend it to everyone. Also I can use this method to strengthen any weak memorization of the past insha'Allah once i complete my hifz.

                                Originally posted by Illuminati View Post
                                :salams:

                                The method I use for memorizing the Quran

                                Step 1: Read the line 10 times and continue reading to the next line 10 times.

                                Step 2: Then read the 2 lines 3 times.

                                Step 3: Continue step 1 and 2 until the last part of the page.

                                Now that is short term memorization. We have to now convert this into long term memorization so you remember it later on.

                                Step 4: The page you are memorizing, open it and read it 20 times.

                                And then :insha: you will memorize all of this.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X