Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hifz Experiences

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • AhlulQuran88
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    Originally posted by UFM View Post
    i dont think its recommended to learn the quran in such a short space of time. This method does not allow one to revise what they have learnt and will then tend to forget major parts of it. Hats off to them if they dont but i think many would.
    The recommended time span is usually 2 to 3 years. This way enables plenty of time for revision and for the quran to be implanted into your long term memory. even then it takes constant revision for the rest of your life to keep it.
    I disagree i think that what matters is the revision not the time in which one memorises the Quran. sh maher muhaiqali memorised in 6 months.I personally know brothers who memorised it in 8 months.
    The point is to maintain 100% memory so that you can write an entire quran from memory how you do that is your choice.

    Leave a comment:


  • UFM
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
    I agree with you, but I thought it was an interesting hifz journey. Maybe they do focus a lot on revision after completing so as not to forget.
    they have to focus on revision after the course, there is no other way otherwise they will forget. Even those that take a long time have to do a lot of revision, otherwise they too will forget.

    Leave a comment:


  • the_middle_road
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    Originally posted by UFM View Post
    i dont think its recommended to learn the quran in such a short space of time. This method does not allow one to revise what they have learnt and will then tend to forget major parts of it. Hats off to them if they dont but i think many would.
    The recommended time span is usually 2 to 3 years. This way enables plenty of time for revision and for the quran to be implanted into your long term memory. even then it takes constant revision for the rest of your life to keep it.
    I agree with you, but I thought it was an interesting hifz journey. Maybe they do focus a lot on revision after completing so as not to forget.

    Leave a comment:


  • UFM
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
    i dont think its recommended to learn the quran in such a short space of time. This method does not allow one to revise what they have learnt and will then tend to forget major parts of it. Hats off to them if they dont but i think many would.
    The recommended time span is usually 2 to 3 years. This way enables plenty of time for revision and for the quran to be implanted into your long term memory. even then it takes constant revision for the rest of your life to keep it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Morose
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    Not sure if you guys have seen this, but was quite interesting.

    Koran by Heart

    Leave a comment:


  • the_middle_road
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    :start:

    Leave a comment:


  • AhlulQuran88
    replied
    Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
    Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
    I will post some videos showing shaykh taha sayaah and shaykh ahmed sameer may allah preseve both of them and grant them jannah testing the hifdh of a number of different hufaadh
    This is really a good showcasing of how strong your hifdh should be


    :jkk: :)

    They ask really difficult questions...

    Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
    Here is another video however testing a brother on the qiraat and for those who aspire to learn this science i cannot stress enough to perfect makhaarij and sifaat and the riwaaya you started with and learning arabic. it is not something you want to go into without knowing solid grammar.
    this also shows how well you must have memorised and understood the rules and how you are suppose to be able to quote couplets to prove why you are reciting in this manner.
    ]
    Ma-sha Allah. I felt a bit sorry for the brother though. That examiner is so stern.
    The shaykh is blind may Allah preserve him, he has a lot of love for the Quran. I think that such stern teachers often produce very precise students.

    But the hufaadh should further perfect their Qur'an in terms of makhaarij,sifaat,tajweed rules,stopping and pausing

    Leave a comment:


  • Morose
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    I memorised Surah Ad-Duha the other day.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bismil
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    Originally posted by Sara_ View Post
    :jkk:
    A typical recording of surah al baqara takes 2 hours to listen to. How do you learn larger surahs? Also, how many hours a day should you dedicate to learning?
    First of all you must understand that It is Allah ( swt ) who will make us remember, we have to try. Allah ( swt ) says that in the Quran.

    Its not about hours , you should fix your own time.

    Listen to a reciter again and again the page you want to learn. After that read Translation properly so that you can connect one verse with next one.

    Repeat they ayats 10 - 15 times. Close the eyes and repeat. Once you can do that you have learned 2 - 4 verses. After that learn next 2 - 4 verses.

    Once you finish , recite from memory 6 - 8 verses together that you learned.

    Choose a time of day when your mind would be free of all thoughts , so that you can concentrate well,

    :)

    Leave a comment:


  • the_middle_road
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
    I will post some videos showing shaykh taha sayaah and shaykh ahmed sameer may allah preseve both of them and grant them jannah testing the hifdh of a number of different hufaadh
    This is really a good showcasing of how strong your hifdh should be


    :jkk: :)

    They ask really difficult questions...

    Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
    Here is another video however testing a brother on the qiraat and for those who aspire to learn this science i cannot stress enough to perfect makhaarij and sifaat and the riwaaya you started with and learning arabic. it is not something you want to go into without knowing solid grammar.
    this also shows how well you must have memorised and understood the rules and how you are suppose to be able to quote couplets to prove why you are reciting in this manner.
    ]
    Ma-sha Allah. I felt a bit sorry for the brother though. That examiner is so stern.

    Leave a comment:


  • AhlulQuran88
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    Here is another video however testing a brother on the qiraat and for those who aspire to learn this science i cannot stress enough to perfect makhaarij and sifaat and the riwaaya you started with and learning arabic. it is not something you want to go into without knowing solid grammar.
    this also shows how well you must have memorised and understood the rules and how you are suppose to be able to quote couplets to prove why you are reciting in this manner.

    Leave a comment:


  • AhlulQuran88
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    I will post some videos showing shaykh taha sayaah and shaykh ahmed sameer may allah preseve both of them and grant them jannah testing the hifdh of a number of different hufaadh
    This is really a good showcasing of how strong your hifdh should be


    Leave a comment:


  • F_R
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    Originally posted by Abu AbdulRahman View Post
    Al Salamu Alaikom
    My life has had a drastic turn in terms of a different time schedule etc. and it has ruined my relationship with the quran :(
    I suddenly don't feel motivated to keep on memorizing. I used to memorize 2 pages a day and review 1 juzz now i am down to 0 and 0. Also i have forgot 60% of my hifz and i just don't know where to start now :'(
    I am so depressed and feel like the train is long gone for me.

    Advice highly appreciated :'(
    - Sad brother
    Wa alaykumasalaam

    It's okay you can pick it up again :insha:. Just acknowledge what's gone wrong and then make a start. Don't go overboard or do too much. Start small and keep at it forever :insha:. When things in life her a bit sticky then you may reduce things if necessary but keep going even with a small amount. Start with going over your revision to kick back your memory and then when comfortable again you can get started.
    Don't say you forgot, ever.

    Check this out btw http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...of-its-Bearers

    Originally posted by Sara_ View Post
    :jkk:
    A typical recording of surah al baqara takes 2 hours to listen to. How do you learn larger surahs? Also, how many hours a day should you dedicate to learning?
    This depends on the individual. Set yourself a target, a goal and work towards it. You gotta find your own flow and also make dua for yourself. I don't know of many people who started with the longer Surahs, most start from juzz Amma and then do a few more juzz from the back (about 3) and then start with Al Baqarah etc.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Please don't forget me in your Duas.
    Last edited by F_R; 10-01-14, 06:32 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sara_
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    :jkk:
    A typical recording of surah al baqara takes 2 hours to listen to. How do you learn larger surahs? Also, how many hours a day should you dedicate to learning?

    Leave a comment:


  • Kas1m
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

    Originally posted by Abu AbdulRahman View Post
    Al Salamu Alaikom
    My life has had a drastic turn in terms of a different time schedule etc. and it has ruined my relationship with the quran :(
    I suddenly don't feel motivated to keep on memorizing. I used to memorize 2 pages a day and review 1 juzz now i am down to 0 and 0. Also i have forgot 60% of my hifz and i just don't know where to start now :'(
    I am so depressed and feel like the train is long gone for me.

    Advice highly appreciated :'(
    - Sad brother
    Yes what Bismil said is true. Just start revising it and it will come to your mind Inshallah. Bit by bit you will recover it.

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X