X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
    i wouldn't teach unless I was given permission to do so by a teacher. the thought of someone learning a verse from me with a mistake (because I missed it or whatever) is quite scary.
    True say.

Hope it's going well for you.

I think the Duas of my teachers have been accepted alhamdulilah. They often say 'may Allah open your heart to it' and alhamdulilah lately the Quraan has been something new, like a new insight, a new understanding, a new sense of appreciation. It's not so passive as it used to be.

It's true what Brother Nouman Ali Khan said about everytime you read the quran and the same suwar you will find a new life to it. I think now, finally, Allah has allowed me to get a taste of it as it's meant to be. Still got a long way but it's clear how there is no book or speech or anything like the Quraan. It is in no way from anyone other than the Creator Himself . It is clear to me now why the translations don't do justice and I don't even know much Arabic myself but there's nothing like the Quraan in its original form without a translation.
    Last edited by F_R; 10-08-13, 01:19 AM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Seems like you Brothers and Sisters, have been encouraged at a young age to learn the Quran.
      "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

Frau TalkALot says;

If you want it you can do it. Ask Allah!
        Last edited by F_R; 13-08-13, 02:58 PM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Regarding some of the comments about reciting Qur'an incorrectly.. it boils my blood when people teach and they can't recite the makhaarij properly. Okay maybe sifaat we may slip up on here and there but not makhraj.

I wish I had a voice in my community.. but I don't, otherwise I would stop all women teaching Qur'an until they can properly recite themselves. There's nothing wrong in reciting to a shaykh, he doesn't have to see our faces. That's something else that annoys me big time, all these women are getting ijazah to teach but no shaykh has listened to them recite. (Unless they have a brother or dad who can recite well) They get tested by women who themselves can't articulate Qur'an and the shaykh or whoever is giving ijazah signs and it's done. I know this all may sound very weird to most people, but that's how it works here.

Learning Qur'an is the first step, everyone wants to do these ilmiyyah courses and things but I realised after having jumped on the bandwagon, you will never be knowledgeable, until you memorise the book of Allah, this includes reciting it properly.
          Last edited by Hamnah; 10-08-13, 11:26 AM.
          اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
            Regarding some of the comments about reciting Qur'an incorrectly.. it boils my blood when people teach and they can't recite the makhaarij properly. Okay maybe sifaat we may slip up on here and there but not makhraj.

I wish I had a voice in my community.. but I don't, otherwise I would stop all women teaching Qur'an until they can properly recite themselves. There's nothing wrong in reciting to a shaykh, he doesn't have to see our faces. That's something else that annoys me big time, all these women are getting ijazah to teach but no shaykh has listened to them recite. (Unless they have a brother or dad who can recite well) They get tested by women who themselves can't articulate Qur'an and the shaykh or whoever is giving ijazah signs and it's done. I know this all may sound very weird to most people, but that's how it works here.

Learning Qur'an is the first step, everyone wants to do these ilmiyyah courses and things but I realised after having jumped on the bandwagon, you will never be knowledgeable, until you memorise the book of Allah, this includes reciting it properly.
            I didn't know that's how its done? you mean ijazah in tajweed teaching or nazra??

True he don't have to see our faces but subconsciously one ends up reciting in rhythm and that might fall under 'softening your tone'? wallaahu 'aalam, I remember Ustadh used to shout at us and make us read out loud in groups, no rhythmic flow, just plain reading and following his lead. May Allaah ta'ala hasten his release, ameen ya Rabb.
            Last edited by Ansaariyah; 10-08-13, 02:05 PM.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
            O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post

i agree with all you said

however i always thought women could not recite to men. I've heard this many times
              "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
              (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
              He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Anybody got online link to Ibn Katheers volume 7 tafseer please?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                  Anybody got online link to Ibn Katheers volume 7 tafseer please?
                  http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Tafs...%20volumes.pdf

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                  O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

:jkk: you're brilliant :up:

I have an important question. How would someone go about opening up a quran center dedicated to all things Quraan related such as tafseer, hifdh, tajweed, recitation etc. What are the basic things required?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

:jkk: you're brilliant :up:

I have an important question. How would someone go about opening up a quran center dedicated to all things Quraan related such as tafseer, hifdh, tajweed, recitation etc. What are the basic things required?
                      Wa iyyaki :

Usually what happens is after getting an ijazah, your organisation offers (or u can ask) you to volunteer, work together to get the experience, infact some tyms teachers let students teach other junior students under their supervision. So u get affiliation automatically.

If not that then contact your local masjid or community centre with the prospect.

And of course you you can always do it independently. Spread the word. And :insha: students will sign up. I will be the first :)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
                        Wa iyyaki :

Usually what happens is after getting an ijazah, your organisation offers (or u can ask) you to volunteer, work together to get the experience, infact some tyms teachers let students teach other junior students under their supervision. So u get affiliation automatically.

If not that then contact your local masjid or community centre with the prospect.

And of course you you can always do it independently. Spread the word. And :insha: students will sign up. I will be the first :)
                        That would be in Egypt?

Confused.com

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

That would be in Egypt?

Confused.com
                          Yes, just like how you did it with egyptian teachers, you can join them in same way. I am very sure they offer this opportunity.

and locally one can ask in their masjid, remember umm abdullaah who used to teach few yrs back? am sure substitute is needed there?

or simply start from home?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
                            Yes, just like how you did it with egyptian teachers, you can join them in same way. I am very sure they offer this opportunity.

and locally one can ask in their masjid, remember umm abdullaah who used to teach few yrs back? am sure substitute is needed there?

or simply start from home?
                            Things must be face2face if that's what you mean.

But you've made thought-provoking points and one will ask around.

Would be lovely to go to Egypt tho :insha: soon.

Lol I can't do much anyway. I'm sure if we search the city we'll find suitable individuals :insha:
                            Last edited by F_R; 13-08-13, 05:45 PM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Frau TalkALot says;

If you want it you can do it. Ask Allah!
                              Things must be face2face if that's what you mean.

But you've made thought-provoking points and one will ask around.

Would be lovely to go to Egypt tho :insha: soon.

Lol I can't do much anyway. I'm sure if we search the city we'll find suitable individuals :insha:
                              Egypt is good. But Allah knows best when it'll calm down, and you shouldn't have edited your advice.. it was really good. :jkk:
                              "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Comment

how many hours would you say needs to put in a day for someone who is trying to memorize the quran?
                                "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                                (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                                He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Working...
                                X