X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by veetha View Post
    I can only say Masha Allah...... Masha Allah....Masha Allah

I am just starting memorizing. I havent even memorized all surahs in juz 30. But reading this thread encourages me to do better. May Allah make it easy for me.

Can I ask, is it okay if I memorize Al Quran by listening the recitation of some syaikhs such as Mishary Rashid Al Fasy? My concern is on the tajwid. I just wanna make sure that what I am reciting is correct.
    :salams

The_middle_road already responded, but I agree with him on listening to Husary for tajweed.
    Here are a couple of very nice links that have the "teaching" mualim recordings of him.

This one is only for listening: http://en.islamway.net/collection/211

This one has the recordings along with the Arabic and translations. It even has the English transliteration. Once you're on the website you would click the link on the left for "Quran Teacher/Reciter" and look through the reciters for "Hussary Mualim." I really like this website as they also have a memorization tool that you can listen to and repeat after for many reciters. I've found it very helpful.

http://www.houseofquran.com/qhelp.htm#

Hope that helps you.

May Allah grant you ease in memorizing and recalling His Quran and make it blessing for you in this life and the hereafter. Ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
      The focus when you're starting out should be on perfecting tajweed, and al-Husari is the best for that. Also, Mishary recites with quite a melodic tune, and al-Husari less so. There's nothing wrong in reciting with a nice tune, it's something good and recommended, but it could distract from where the focus should be.
      Jazakallah khair. Yes, I agree with you. Al Husary is not as melodic as Mishary. Insha Allah will download Husary's recitation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post

The_middle_road already responded, but I agree with him on listening to Husary for tajweed.
        Here are a couple of very nice links that have the "teaching" mualim recordings of him.

This one is only for listening: http://en.islamway.net/collection/211

This one has the recordings along with the Arabic and translations. It even has the English transliteration. Once you're on the website you would click the link on the left for "Quran Teacher/Reciter" and look through the reciters for "Hussary Mualim." I really like this website as they also have a memorization tool that you can listen to and repeat after for many reciters. I've found it very helpful.

http://www.houseofquran.com/qhelp.htm#

Hope that helps you.

May Allah grant you ease in memorizing and recalling His Quran and make it blessing for you in this life and the hereafter. Ameen.
        Ameen Ameen to the du'a sis. Jazakillah khair. The links are very helpful Masha Allah.

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSXFZNg1hlQ

For the Arabic speaking brothers and sisters and i will post more later when i get home inshalah. Some comments that i want to make regarding some questions in the meanwhile take benefit from our beloved shaykh middle road

Comment

Wondering, how often do Huffadh have to recite the Quran to keep it intact? Or how many Ajza a day?
            Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
            - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

:wswrwb:

If you read one of the interviews posted in this thread, the answer is "Khamsun laa tansaa - Five [ajza a day] and you won't forget." I think that is for those who are really good though. Two to three ajza a day is hopefully enough if we can't get to that level.
              "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
              (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSXFZNg1hlQ

For the Arabic speaking brothers and sisters and i will post more later when i get home inshalah. Some comments that i want to make regarding some questions in the meanwhile take benefit from our beloved shaykh middle road

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSXFZNg1hlQ

welcome back long lost member

:)
                  º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                    The focus when you're starting out should be on perfecting tajweed, and al-Husari is the best for that. Also, Mishary recites with quite a melodic tune, and al-Husari less so. There's nothing wrong in reciting with a nice tune, it's something good and recommended, but it could distract from where the focus should be.
                    Oh man, this is a problem for many.

Some people are too into tryna sound like Tawfeeq As-Saaigh rather than perfecting their tajweed. I was just praying at a masjid for taraweeh, and young guys were made to lead. Okay, their voices were pretty nice, but subhanAllah, there were some serious blunders in their tajweed.

Someone read in surat al kahf, :

"Ith awwal fityatu illal kahfi

the improperly placed shaddas took away from the meaning, and just didn't make sense..

I mean, okay miss a few ikhfaas, that might be m3thoor, but seriously im talking lahn jaliyy. It takes away from your focus during salaah too.

One said in faatiha, and faatiha should be down with every potential imam mind you..

:Qayril maqdoobi 3laayhim..

Where's the ghayn??

In such cases, such people are not aloud to lead.

Allahul Must'aan
                    º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Comment

• In my opinion one of the reason why we dont have greats like the big 5 anymore is because people are chasing the voice. When shaykh mustafa ismail sh menshawi sh abdel basit sh mahmoud ali bana and sh husary perfected tajweed. They read the quran in a way that was beautiful and that could not be mistaken for music. Sometimes i honestly dont know the difference between a modern recitor and nasheed artist

Comment

Sometimes i honestly dont know the difference between a modern recitor and nasheed artist
                        Maybe because nowadays some of them are both... -_-

Comment

Would you guys recommend partaking in competitions like this for purposes of getting feedback/revision etc ?

Also what do you have to say about teaching/helping others with the Quraan? As in, at what sort of level should an individual be before they help/teach others?
                          Last edited by F_R; 06-08-13, 04:11 AM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                          بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                          The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                          www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                            Would you guys recommend partaking in competitions like this for purposes of getting feedback/revision etc ?
                            I guess it depends on your personality and where you are in your hifz. I'm way too shy and not competitive at all. lol I'd probably hope to mess up in the first round so I could just sit back and cheer for everyone else. Maybe ask your Sheikha where she thinks you are at and if it would be good for you?

Also what do you have to say about teaching/helping others with the Quraan? As in, at what sort of level should an individual be before they help/teach others?
                            I was told after 5 ajza to start teaching(though I have no one to teach at the moment). You can start anyone with the basic of reading and tajweed. My Sheikha also said that teaching is one of the best ways to solidify what you've learned.

Comment

Lol ^ I applied last year with a friend but couldn't do it due to unforeseen circumstances. As if I'd be able to recite in front of people anyway. I only recite in front of those younger than me or really older than me, not even my mum or older siblings get to hear me recite (willingly) and if they happen to walk in then that's their luck (not that it's anything special like that at all). I'm pretty competitive tho but the shyness/awkwardness would ruin it for me.

It was/is a thought and I'm considering it but highly doubt it for other reasons.

Do they all recite in front of men? Aren't there any ladies?

It's so scary subhanAllah the more you progress by the mercy and permission of Allah and I asked my Pappa to make dua for me. He didn't know and it slipped my mind to tell him and ask for his Duas. His reply made me cry, may Allah have mercy on all of our parents ameen.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                              بل استغفر كثيرا

The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                              www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post

i wouldn't teach unless I was given permission to do so by a teacher. the thought of someone learning a verse from me with a mistake (because I missed it or whatever) is quite scary.
                                "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                                (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                                He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Working...
                                X