This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

MashaAllah such inspiring tips from everybody in this thread.
    Doing hifz is easy. I am telling this, from my experience as part of an online academy that teaches hifz.

One tip I would like to give for memorization of the Quran is that you need to be determined and give time consistently for hifz on the quran and inshAllah with time even you can become a hafiz.
    Online Quran Classes from Al Madinah Al Munawwara | Islamic Knowledge | Islamic Channel

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
      Does anyone else find revision from the back ajzaa' 21 onwards more challenging that the first few?

I'm not sure why because I revise these back ones more so than the front ones however I still get stuck.
      ah yes.. the hawaameem

those surahs give me a rough time
      º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Comment

Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi wabarakatu

Reading through this thread has left me in awe. MashaAllah I could only dream of doing what you are all doing. May Allah reward you all. I feel so little compared to you all but I'll put my shame aside and ask >.< I'm a regular 18 year old sister, who never had special attention in regards to Quran memorisation as a kid. I don't live in a Muslim country so teachers are hard to find. Maybe atleast I can memorise the 30th juz of the Quran ( the short surahs) :S How long would it take ? What would be the reward for memorising a juz of the Quran ?

I apologise for my ignorance :( but I love this thread and seeing so much inspiration.

Jazakallahu Khair

Comment

Originally posted by shydonkey View Post
          Assalamu Alaykum Warahmatullahi wabarakatu
          Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Maybe atleast I can memorise the 30th juz of the Quran ( the short surahs) :S How long would it take ?
          It would depend entirely on you.

What would be the reward for memorising a juz of the Quran ?
          There's a hadith that says: "Verily he who has nothing of the Quran in his heart, is like a house (which has been) destroyed." So if you know one juz then you will at least be saved from being like the person described.

Another hadith says that for every letter of the Qur'an a person reads, he gets ten rewards. So if you want, count the number of letters on a page in your Qur'an, multiply it by the number of pages in a juz, and then multiply it by 10. That's how much reward you'd get every time you recite that juz.
          "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
          (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

How do you huffadh revise your quran ?

لا تفكر كثيرا
            بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
            The children need your prayers more than anyone else
            www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I can only say Masha Allah...... Masha Allah....Masha Allah

I am just starting memorizing. I havent even memorized all surahs in juz 30. But reading this thread encourages me to do better. May Allah make it easy for me.

Can I ask, is it okay if I memorize Al Quran by listening the recitation of some syaikhs such as Mishary Rashid Al Fasy? My concern is on the tajwid. I just wanna make sure that what I am reciting is correct.
              Last edited by veetha; 23-07-13, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by veetha View Post
                Can I ask, is it okay if I memorize Al Quran by listening the recitation of some syaikhs such as Mishary Rashid Al Fasy? My concern is on the tajwid. I just wanna make sure that what I am reciting is correct.
                Yes, it is, but it would be better if you listened to Qari Mahmud Khalil al-Husari instead.

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

• Advice to our sister F_R and the one who has recently memorised the book of Allah

Dear muslim know that you have just started your journey into the Quranic sciences so be patient and make lots of dua. My advice is goes to the student of knowledge who wants to continue into the Quranic sciences.

Now that you have been blessed to have memorised the Quran a few things await you

- To Master the recition (Riwaya) that you started the Quran with in the various ways.

- By various ways we mean, that we too often find students that have memorised the Quran and cannot read by connecting the verses continuously , because they do not know whether the verse ends with a fatha or kasra for example. You must know which harakah every ayah and word in the Quran ends. In other words you must be able to write it from memory.

- Far too often do we find students that do not to know where the wuqoof are, and where sakatataat are. Imam hafs has pauses in his recitation for example many hufaadh do not know these things.

- The mudood, one must be able to read the quran in qasr and wasat and be able to maintain this during the recitation.

- Concerning tajweed as bearer of the book of allah you must at this point now start to take things to a higher level. 2 books are important for your own recitations and teaching of Quran and tajweed to other. You must memorise and get ijaza in the Tuhfa of imam al jamzoori and The Jazariyya by imam ibn Jazari.

- In addition to this one should study and memorise the science of Rasm ul masaahif (Science of writing the Quran)as this will help the students memorisations , the matn that is studied is small and is called

فحاصملا مسر ملع يف دصاقملا ىنسأيفدئاصقلا بارتأ ةليقع

And is written by imam shatibi.

- Here we come to another point now that you have memorised the Quran you stand in front of a major hurdle called Arabic , you cannot proceed much further into the science of Qiraat or learn a new riwaya or learn tafseer in detail without learning Arabic and at least getting a solid grasp of the language. So whilst you are doing all the above make sure you are taking Arabic serious. Completing the Bayna Yadayk series for example and the ajroomiyah would set you up very well learning Qiraat. But if you cannot understand the hirzul aamani then how will you learn a new recitation.

-Do not be tempted to start listening to a new recitation or learning a new recitation if have not completed the above. If you have memorised the Quran in hafs, you can learn the rules for imam shoba very slowly and complete the Qari Aasim slowly. Whils you are doing all the above.

-A attempt to at least pray 3 juzz in your night prayer and at least a 1 juzz and a bit total during the day so that you may finish the Quran every 7 days as per sunnah.

-Lastly please dear brothers and sisters do not get caught up in the musical notes (maqamaat) business read the Quran with a beautiful voice listen to various recitors but do not waste hours of your time, learning tones or notes or Arabian folk music notes.

Memorising the Quran is one step into the science of the Quran more awaits

My advice comes from the Somali school of Quranic education similar to many other countries such as Morocco and Mauritania and Libya. It is advice and nothing more any mistakes are from myself i hope i save some people many years wasted of wasted time.

In summary

- Perfect the Riwaya that you in read in every sense outlines above and complete the Qari for example if you read in hafs complete it by learning Sho’ba.

- Learn the Arabic language and get a solid grasp of grammar as this will be crucial for learning another rectification.

- Study the following mutoon this should keep your busy till next Ramadan the Jazari the tuhfa of imam al jamzoori, the book on rasm by imam shatabi, ajroomiyah for grammar.

- Try to revise the Quran from your memory every 7 days if you can’t every 10 days or 15 days.

- Do not despair and do not become overly confident Master this science slowly but steadily and do it for the sake of allah azza wa jal alone.

We ask allah to put barakah in these words Ramadan Kareem to the members of ummah forum and to all who read this.

Comment

:jkk: ^^^^^ really useful alhamdulilah. Good to see you back on here.

Following on from your advice above, personally :insha: I intend to do that and I've spoken to my teacher/s and we will progress after Ramadhan :insha: and I also have other plans to forever continue with the Quraan. My question is (well it's more of a worry/concern) how would I balance it all whilst doing 'secular' studies (I separate the two)? Or am I overwhelming myself mentally?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by AhlulQuran88 View Post
                      Advice to our sister F_R and the one who has recently memorised the book of Allah

Dear muslim know that you have just started your journey into the Quranic sciences so be patient and make lots of dua. My advice is goes to the student of knowledge who wants to continue into the Quranic sciences.

Now that you have been blessed to have memorised the Quran a few things await you

- To Master the recition (Riwaya) that you started the Quran with in the various ways.

- By various ways we mean, that we too often find students that have memorised the Quran and cannot read by connecting the verses continuously , because they do not know whether the verse ends with a fatha or kasra for example. You must know which harakah every ayah and word in the Quran ends. In other words you must be able to write it from memory.

- Far too often do we find students that do not to know where the wuqoof are, and where sakatataat are. Imam hafs has pauses in his recitation for example many hufaadh do not know these things.

- The mudood, one must be able to read the quran in qasr and wasat and be able to maintain this during the recitation.

- Concerning tajweed as bearer of the book of allah you must at this point now start to take things to a higher level. 2 books are important for your own recitations and teaching of Quran and tajweed to other. You must memorise and get ijaza in the Tuhfa of imam al jamzoori and The Jazariyya by imam ibn Jazari.

- In addition to this one should study and memorise the science of Rasm ul masaahif (Science of writing the Quran)as this will help the students memorisations , the matn that is studied is small and is called

- Here we come to another point now that you have memorised the Quran you stand in front of a major hurdle called Arabic , you cannot proceed much further into the science of Qiraat or learn a new riwaya or learn tafseer in detail without learning Arabic and at least getting a solid grasp of the language. So whilst you are doing all the above make sure you are taking Arabic serious. Completing the Bayna Yadayk series for example and the ajroomiyah would set you up very well learning Qiraat. But if you cannot understand the hirzul aamani then how will you learn a new recitation.

-Do not be tempted to start listening to a new recitation or learning a new recitation if have not completed the above. If you have memorised the Quran in hafs, you can learn the rules for imam shoba very slowly and complete the Qari Aasim slowly. Whils you are doing all the above.

-A attempt to at least pray 3 juzz in your night prayer and at least a 1 juzz and a bit total during the day so that you may finish the Quran every 7 days as per sunnah.

-Lastly please dear brothers and sisters do not get caught up in the musical notes (maqamaat) business read the Quran with a beautiful voice listen to various recitors but do not waste hours of your time, learning tones or notes or Arabian folk music notes.

My advice comes from the Somali school of Quranic education similar to many other countries such as Morocco and Mauritania and Libya. It is advice and nothing more any mistakes are from myself i hope i save some people many years wasted of wasted time.

In summary

- Perfect the Riwaya that you in read in every sense outlines above and complete the Qari for example if you read in hafs complete it by learning Sho’ba.

- Learn the Arabic language and get a solid grasp of grammar as this will be crucial for learning another rectification.

- Study the following mutoon this should keep your busy till next Ramadan the Jazari the tuhfa of imam al jamzoori, the book on rasm by imam shatabi, ajroomiyah for grammar.

- Try to revise the Quran from your memory every 7 days if you can’t every 10 days or 15 days.

- Do not despair and do not become overly confident Master this science slowly but steadily and do it for the sake of allah azza wa jal alone.

We ask allah to put barakah in these words Ramadan Kareem to the members of ummah forum and to all who read this.
                      :masha: wa :jkk:

Comment

• Originally posted by F_R:5290750
                        :jkk: ^^^^^ really useful alhamdulilah. Good to see you back on here.

Following on from your advice above, personally :insha: I intend to do that and I've spoken to my teacher/s and we will progress after Ramadhan :insha: and I also have other plans to forever continue with the Quraan. My question is (well it's more of a worry/concern) how would I balance it all whilst doing 'secular' studies (I separate the two)? Or am I overwhelming myself mentally?
                        There is no need to seperate the two. What i have shown you can easily be achieved within 18 months if you are dedicated to it part-time. But as the scholars said the student of knowledge is the one whose time is spent in wasteful activity. And knowledge is not learned in comfort.

Be prepared to sacrfice sleep. Combine the two and take benefit by reading upon scholars that have ijaza.
                        Also travelling during the summer holidays to places like morroco and egypt lebanon where there are many quranic scholars would also be helpful to recite upon different scholars.

I understand that you are in Canada so you have sh uthman khan and a few other scholars that you can benefit from.

Complete Aasim study warsh when you want you are ready to hit the sbaatibiya linguistically and when you have masteres AAsim.

In somalia students still write their own mushaf and give them as presents good habit and they look amazing they take a few months but its amazing mashalah

Comment

Advice to our sister F_R and the one who has recently memorised the book of Allah

In summary

:jkk: bro ... appreciate you taking out the time.

Comment

There is no need to seperate the two. What i have shown you can easily be achieved within 18 months if you are dedicated to it part-time. But as the scholars said the student of knowledge is the one whose time is spent in wasteful activity. And knowledge is not learned in comfort.

Be prepared to sacrfice sleep. Combine the two and take benefit by reading upon scholars that have ijaza.
                            Also travelling during the summer holidays to places like morroco and egypt lebanon where there are many quranic scholars would also be helpful to recite upon different scholars.

I understand that you are in Canada so you have sh uthman khan and a few other scholars that you can benefit from.

Complete Aasim study warsh when you want you are ready to hit the sbaatibiya linguistically and when you have masteres AAsim.

In somalia students still write their own mushaf and give them as presents good habit and they look amazing they take a few months but its amazing mashalah
                            Hmm I see. You're right. In Shaa Allah I do have plans to make a visit to Egypt, when it's facilitated for me.

And I'm in England not Canada.

If I can request, please do make regular visits to this forum because your input on this thread is very much appreciated and needed.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                              Yes, it is, but it would be better if you listened to Qari Mahmud Khalil al-Husari instead.
                              Any specific reason?

Comment

Originally posted by veetha View Post
                                Any specific reason?
                                The focus when you're starting out should be on perfecting tajweed, and al-Husari is the best for that. Also, Mishary recites with quite a melodic tune, and al-Husari less so. There's nothing wrong in reciting with a nice tune, it's something good and recommended, but it could distract from where the focus should be.

Comment

Working...
                                X