• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iRepIslam
    replied
    Hifz Experiences

[MENTION=71244]goldenxshadow[/MENTION]

Because ض is a tafkheem letter (heavy) back of tongue should be raised, this produces the heaviness of the sound. The side of the tongue touches upper molars, either side of mouth where the pressure should exert and go all the way to the roots of top incisors (mainly)
    May Allah make it easy for you and allow you to produce the best ض you can do

Leave a comment:

• goldenxshadow
    replied
    Re: Hifz Experiences

How does one pronounce the daad, most tutorial just tell you something along the lines of "USE THE SIDE BLADE OF YOUR TONGUE WITH YOUR UPPER LEFT MOLAR TEETH TO EMIT THE SOUND", Ok I understand this, but I need more information, what do you do once you are making contact with the side of your tongue with your left molar teeths? At this point if I apply pressure to the side of my tongue focsing on molar teeths no sound emits until I apply pressure to the tip portion of my tongue and then release the pressure but then a daal/ heavy daal sound is emmited which is not what I want.

So how do I emite the daad sound, can someone please explain each motion of their tongue in their mouth jzk.

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied
    Hifz Experiences

[MENTION=130730]Rumaysah~[/MENTION]

Alhamdulilah :jkk: yeah started dividing it up in halves

This is my fav thread :) I read it all the time

Started a while back Alhamdulilah. I've had several teachers but glad I finally got round to narrowing and choosing the BEST :P may Allah bless them and bless you ya ukth.

I love reading about everyone's experiences الحمد لله
    Last edited by iRepIslam; 21-02-17, 10:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

we need to bring this thread back to life,

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

Ibn al-Jawzi rahimahullaah said:

“I saw most of the scholars preoccupied with the outer appearance of knowledge, rather than the understanding of its reality. For example:

The recitor of the Qur’an is busy with the different modes of recitation, eager to learn the strange and rare ones. They do this thinking that the purpose of the Qur’an is to simply recite it, forgetting about the Greatness of the One whose Speech it is, and the warnings and threats contained in it. Sometimes, they might even think that mere memorization of the Qur’an will protect them from these warnings, so, you see such people being lax in regards to certain sins! If they truly understood, they would know that the proof against him is greater than it is against the one who has not recited as much as him!

[‘Sayd al-Khatir’; p. 384]

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post
    السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Anyone have any tricks for really really long ayahs. I've tried breaking them up in halves so I could remember them better. What did you all do?
    one or few lines at a time then join it all up
    hope it's going well for you, i'm so happy you took the decision to start memorising :)

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied

Originally posted by iRepIslam View Post

Anyone have any tricks for really really long ayahs. I've tried breaking them up in halves so I could remember them better. What did you all do?
    :salams:
    Ayatul kursi I got by reading a few times after each salah
    after a while alhamdulilah I memorized it
    It does take longer than shorter ayah so there is an element of being patient too

Leave a comment:

• iRepIslam
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

http://www.therightfulrecital.com/

good website

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

My teacher is in hospital, please make dua for her and all the sick muslims.

Leave a comment:

• Cptn._.Mario
    replied

Great thread brother. Maasha Allah!

Leave a comment:

• F_R
    replied

Keep going may Allah help us in continuing and moving forward and never giving up ameen

Leave a comment:

• Silent being
    replied

‏كان الفاضل من أصحاب الرسول
    ‏لايحفظ من القرآن إلا سورة ونحوها
    ‏ورزقوا العمل بالقرآن
    ‏وإن آخـر هذه الأمة
    يقرؤون القرآن ولايرزقون العمل

‏بن عمر

Leave a comment:

• Umm Uthmaan
    replied

^ حسبنا الله و نعم الوكيل

I totally get u sis -_-

Leave a comment:

• Rumaysah~
    replied

When you get stuck on the last few pages of a surah for ages and you have no motivation :/
    I know some of you will understand

Leave a comment:

Working...
X