X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by F_R View Post
    Soon In Shaa Allah very soon. Have you tried reciting to someone else? Maybe they hear something you don't?

Teachers are so lovely and understanding alhamdulilah. I've had to reduce my hifdh significantly coz of final exams an stuff and she was so lovely about it alhamdulilah.

Also realised that the more Iisten to warsh the more I end up subconsciously reciting in warsh. That's my heart calling to warsh subhanAllah, I hope Allah allows me to learn warsh before I leave this Dunya. Would be such an honour.

What's taqleed mean btw?
    He is indeed a very nice and kind brother, but when it comes to this he can be emotional at times that's the problem, and also he's right there learning it with me.

Now the brother he learned from does have a legit sanad, but the problem is we would ask him questions and he doesn't remember the answers with regards to some of the ahkaam, Warsh is more complex in its tajweed rules because there are rules, but then there are exceptions to them that you simply have to memorize.

With regards to taqleel, it's when you relax the alif that follows some letters. So you have for example "wa maa adraaka". It becomes "wa maa adréka".

Taqleel is that quality, but it's not a 45 degree bend between the alif and the yaa, it's more like 30 degrees away from the alif sound and 60 degrees away from the yaa, if that makes sense. So you are closer to the alif sound than you are to the yaa sound, and in some cases one actually has to pay attention to notice it properly.

This is significant because bending it fully is called imaalah (bending), and the only place I know this happens in Warsh is at the beginning of Ta Ha, where it's Ta Hé, but bent fully. Here you will not see the black circle below the letter like you do with taqleel, you see a diamond, and this is also seen in Hafs in Surat Hud, the verse that contains "majréhaa wa mursaahaa". In narrations like khalaf though, they don't typically do taqleel, it's almost all imaalah, strong bends.

Which brings us back to the problem, I feel this brother I'm reciting with does more imaalah than he does taqleel, making the bend very obvious when it's supposed to be more subtle. He hears it fine in all the words I say it, but with the word "kéfireen" he says I say it exactly like I do in Hafs. But I listen to Al Husary in Warsh and he really does sound like that. Also it's a very common mistake in Hafs as it is that some people relax the alif sound too much anyway.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Perhaps have someone else listen to you? Ask someone at the masjid who may know warsh to listen

This should be of benefit for all :insha:

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I don't know. Can you not reduce the amount you memorise even if its a page a week so that atleast you're still memorising something and in the flow of it? From what I know it's not wise to leave such a long gap from memorising. A week or few days is okay but months seems long.
        I understand what you mean. But i need that time for the extra revision. I had taken a month off for revision even after i completed 15 juz and it deifinitely helped. Once im confident i will start off memorising inshaa"Allah... What the point of memorising more if i cant retain the precious memorisation well?

Comment

thanks for the link.

Listen, learn and motivation :up:

Comment

How's it going for everyone? Plans for Ramadhan?

لا تفكر كثيرا
            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Alhamdulilah just got started after hitting a BIG wall!!
              My plans for ramadan is to revise 5 pages thoroughly in the day and inshallah do qiyam with these 5 pages every day may allah make us sincere ameen!!
              أم حسبتم أن تدخلوا الجنة ولما يعلم الله الذين جاهدوا منكم ويعلم الصابرين

Comment

Alhumdulillah I am almost about to complete 3 cycles of revision of 21 juz in 3 weeks. And in this 3rd week since revision felt much easier I decided to start memorizing again (had intended to start after ramadhaan). So I have now done half Juz more = 21.5 . So now i intend complete this juz and do 1 more, if possible, before Ramadhan. So I'll be 23 Juz haafiz Insha'Allah by Ramadhaan. ( Thats my target) . Then revise all ramadhaan :) and enjoy taraweeh. Cutting down Revision Duration cycle from 10 to 7 days has certainly helped my revision and boosted my confidence. I can recollect the Juz faster when revising.

Comment

I don't know how to juggle revision... I have about 9 Ajzaa' from the back that I never get tested on, I have to revise these by myself because I switched to the front. The front parts are going really well alhamdulillah, revision and memorisation. But since I have huge chunks of revision from the front to do daily plus memorisation, I don't always have time to do my juzz from the back...

Not sure what to do. I have a busy schedule, I could easily fit it all in if I didn't have studies and work. I thought if I do least a hizb daily.. But that seems so less.
                  Last edited by Hamnah; 07-06-13, 10:56 AM.
                  اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

I can understand ... the way i sorted my revision was to couple a very well memorized Juz with one Juz which i would difficult to revise. And this really helped as I can sometimes repeat the difficult one and start with that and later complete the easy one. so I made all couples of juz in the same irrespective of the order. that way i can revise and insha'Allah make all firm one day.

I definitely feel that pausing memorizing for focusing on revision is a good idea at times...

But then again im doing hifz full time... so I guess its easier said than done ...May Allah swt make it easy for all of us. Aameen.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
                      I don't know how to juggle revision... I have about 9 Ajzaa' from the back that I never get tested on, I have to revise these by myself because I switched to the front. The front parts are going really well alhamdulillah, revision and memorisation. But since I have huge chunks of revision from the front to do daily plus memorisation, I don't always have time to do my juzz from the back...

Not sure what to do. I have a busy schedule, I could easily fit it all in if I didn't have studies and work. I thought if I do least a hizb daily.. But that seems so less.
                      Dudey the only way I found myself revising those ajzaa was to schedule times with yet another teacher because otherwise I wouldn't be able to do it efficiently even tho it's still busy as it is. Maybe you could try that if you want?

Can't wait for Surah Tawbah :inlove: :insha:, listening to Imam Anwar Al Awlaki's talks on the battle of badr really aid in understanding the ayaat rahimahullah, it really helps soo much

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Quick question, would it be unproductive of me to ask my teacher to teach me how to recite in warsh (from mushaf) so I can recite it for fun during Ramadhan or should my focus be more on hifdh? Coz imma be revising daily :insha: anyway as I won't have any classes or anything else going on

Allahumma baalighna Ramadhan

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Quick question, would it be unproductive of me to ask my teacher to teach me how to recite in warsh (from mushaf) so I can recite it for fun during Ramadhan or should my focus be more on hifdh? Coz imma be revising daily :insha: anyway as I won't have any classes or anything else going on

I'd focus on hifdh.

Comment

I'm guessing you are not learning it in Warsh? I'd stick to hifth for the time being... But I'm sure you can do both? As the learning of Warsh has no time limit to it.

Ameen to the dua.

Comment

SubhanAllah only 5weeks-ish left till Ramadhan

- Hmmmmmm yea am not doing warsh but I really want to. I will have more spare time :insha: :insha: :insha: but I will probably have Surah tawbah memorised by/during Ramadhan and my current hifdh more solidified hmmm actually yea, but I just got class details anyway :(

Decisions decisions

لا تفكر كثيرا
                              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Overcoming Hubut – A Discouraging Obstacle in Hifdh al-Qur’an
                                "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                                (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Working...
                                X