This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Thank you for the replies to the question btw much appreciated.

One more question, how or what do you guys recommend with children or people who have lisps or can't pronounce a heavy raa or even the raa etc? Especially with kids who can't say certain letters properly what do you advise?

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Ive completed my Masters and taken a break from work for full time hifz . Hence I have the time :) and Alhumdulillah no pressure from family.

The gap im planning to take is 2 months. The reason why i want to do it is because some of my Memorization is weak and i want to make it stronger before i move ahead since the revision will be easier then.

I think becoming a good hafiz is more important rather than rushing it and doing faster.

Comment

Originally posted by nidaelahi View Post
        Ive completed my Masters and taken a break from work for full time hifz . Hence I have the time :) and Alhumdulillah no pressure from family.

The gap im planning to take is 2 months. The reason why i want to do it is because some of my Memorization is weak and i want to make it stronger before i move ahead since the revision will be easier then.

I think becoming a good hafiz is more important rather than rushing it and doing faster.
        you want to complete it in 2 months?
        "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
        (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
        He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
          Thank you for the replies to the question btw much appreciated.

One more question, how or what do you guys recommend with children or people who have lisps or can't pronounce a heavy raa or even the raa etc? Especially with kids who can't say certain letters properly what do you advise?
          With heavy lisps or people unable to pronounce certain letters I would think that what would help most would be 1)dua(by teacher and parents for the student as well as by the student) 2)emphasis on proper makharij 3)practice 4)patience. If after several years a person is still unable to pronounce letters properly then it is no fault on them and a hardship that they have to be patient with. But they and the teacher should not give up because of it. They'll be given double reward for their efforts :masha: .

Comment

great book on the subject

http://www.miskacademy.com/
            "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
            (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
            He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

:jkk: ^^^^ absolutely brilliant and helpful! Sister fajr is on there too

Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post
              With heavy lisps or people unable to pronounce certain letters I would think that what would help most would be 1)dua(by teacher and parents for the student as well as by the student) 2)emphasis on proper makharij 3)practice 4)patience. If after several years a person is still unable to pronounce letters properly then it is no fault on them and a hardship that they have to be patient with. But they and the teacher should not give up because of it. They'll be given double reward for their efforts :masha: .
              I see, dua too I didn't realise :jkk: sis

It's bit like my little bro, he can't pronounce the raa and some of the girls can't pronounce it either so we leave it.

لا تفكر كثيرا
              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Mashallah, nice thread.. Well it's all about priorities.. if you're studying or working all your focus is not going to be on your memorization. I say this because i've experienced this myself. When i was Canada i was going to school and i was focused on my studies until as a family we decided to put all of our Jihad on going to the straight path so we left our highs schools and jobs and decided we would wanna use our time fully so that we wouldn't regret later on in life. After we finished Arabic studies, we started to memorize the Quran and found that it very easy because we had put all our focus on it.. There was nothing holding us back. Alhamdulilah i have memorized more than half way and i'm going to be finishing in a couple months and everyone in my family already finished.. We had asked Allah to make this easy for us and He subhanahu wa ta'alaa did.

By the way, by finishing the Quran once don't think this is something you accomplished and that you can just move on from it because if you forget all of it and dont do revision then that is a big sin..If you only finished it once it called Khatm al bidaya (first completion) as in that there should be many more to come Inshallah
                Yesterday is History, Tomorrow is a Mystery and Today is a Gift thats why we call it The Present :)

Comment

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
                  great book on the subject

http://www.miskacademy.com/
                  Here's a link too that my friend sent me about hifdh

http://hifdh.weebly.com/index.html

لا تفكر كثيرا
                  بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Here's a link too that my friend sent me about hifdh

http://hifdh.weebly.com/index.html
                    :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by علي View Post
                      Any knowledgeable Warsh reciters here?
                      Soon In Shaa Allah very soon. Have you tried reciting to someone else? Maybe they hear something you don't?

Teachers are so lovely and understanding alhamdulilah. I've had to reduce my hifdh significantly coz of final exams an stuff and she was so lovely about it alhamdulilah.

Also realised that the more Iisten to warsh the more I end up subconsciously reciting in warsh. That's my heart calling to warsh subhanAllah, I hope Allah allows me to learn warsh before I leave this Dunya. Would be such an honour.

What's taqleed mean btw?
                      Last edited by F_R; 08-05-13, 08:02 PM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                      بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

No I mean i'm taking a revision break for 2 months. After that Ill start memorization again.

Comment

Originally posted by nidaelahi View Post
                          No I mean i'm taking a revision break for 2 months. After that Ill start memorization again.
                          I don't know. Can you not reduce the amount you memorise even if its a page a week so that atleast you're still memorising something and in the flow of it? From what I know it's not wise to leave such a long gap from memorising. A week or few days is okay but months seems long.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                          بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Shakhy haroon hanif advice to hifdh students in the form of a dua.

Supplication For Memorising The Qur'an

The following is what the Prophet, prayers and peace be upon him, gave to Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, when he was finding it difficult to memorise the Qur'an. So, this is for anyone who wants to memorise the Qur'an.

Ibn ‘Abbas, may Allah be please with him, said:

‘Once we were with the Messenger of Allah, prayers and peace be upon him, when ‘Ali b. Abu Talib, may Allah be pleased with him, said:

“May my father and mother be for you, this Qur’an escapes from my chest. I find that I am not capable (of memorising it).

The Messenger of Allah, prayers and peace be upon him, said to him: “O Abu’l-Hasan, shall I not teach you words by which Allah will benefit you, those whom you teach and He will make firm what you have learnt in your chest?”

He said: “Most certainly, O Messenger of Allah. Teach me.”

He said: “If you are able on the Friday night (this by the solar day is the Thursday night), stand in the last third of the night (the night is taken as from maghrib to fajr) for it is a time that is witnessed and supplication is accepted as my brother Jacob said to his sons: ‘I will soon ask forgiveness for you from my Lord’ – he said it so that Friday night would come. If you cannot do that, stand in the middle (of the night) and if you cannot do that, stand at its beginning. Pray four units (of optional prayers): in the first unit recite al-Fatiha and Ya Sin (chapter 36); in the second unit al-Fatiha and al-Dukhan (chapter 44); in the third unit al-Fatiha and Alif Lam Mim Sajda (chapter 41); and in the fourth unit al-Fatiha and al-Mulk (chapter 67). Then when you have finished the testification (i.e. completed the prayer), praise Allah in the best manner, send blessings upon me and all the prophets in the best manner and ask forgiveness for the male and female believers and your brethren who have preceded you in faith.

At the end of that say:

اللّهُمَّ ارْحَمْنِيْ بِتَرْكِ الْمَعَاصِيْ أَبَداً مَا أَبْقَيْتَنِيْ وَارْحَمْنِيْ أَنْ أَتَكَلَّفَ مَا لا يَعْنِيْنِيْ وَارْزُقْنِيْ حُسْنَ النَّظَرِ فِيْمَا يُرْضِيْكَ عَنِّيْ
                            اللّهُمَّ بَدِيْعَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ذَا الْجَلالِ وَالْإِكْرَامِ وَالْعِزَّةِ الَّتِيْ لا تُرَامُ أَسْأَلُكَ يَا اللهُ يَا رَحْمَانُ بِجَلالِكَ وَنُوْرِ وَجْهِكَ أَنْ تُلْزِمَ قَلْبِيْ حِفْظَ كِتَابِكَ كَمَا عَلَّمْتَنِيْ وَارْزُقْنِيْ أَنْ أَتْلُوَهُ عَلَى النَّحْوِ الَّذِيْ يُرْضِيْكَ عَنِّيْ
                            اللّهُمَّ بَدِيْعَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ ذَا الْجَلالِ وَالْإِكْرَامِ وَالْعِزَّةِ الَّتِيْ لا تُرَامُ أَسْأَلُكَ يَا اللهُ يَا رَحْمَانُ بِجَلالِكَ وَنُوْرِ وَجْهِكَ أَنْ تُنَوِّرَ بِكِتَابِكَ بَصَرِيْ وَأَنْ تُطْلِقَ بِهِ لِسَانِيْ وَأَنْ تُفَرِّجَ بِهِ عَنْ قَلْبِيْ وَأَنْ تَشْرَحَ بِهِ صَدْرِيْ وَأَنْ تَغْسِلَ بِهِ بَدَنِيْ فَإِنَّهُ لا يُعِيْنُنِيْ عَلَى الْحَقِّ غَيْرُكَ وَلا يُؤْتِيْهِ إِلَّا أَنْتَ
                            وَلا حَوْلَ وَلا قُوَّةَ إِلَّا بِاللهِ الْعَلِيِّ الْعَظِيْم

(Transliteration: Allahumma ‘rhamni bi tarki’l-ma’asi abadam ma abqaytani wa ‘rhamni an atakallafa ma la y’anini wa ‘rzuqni husna ‘n-nadhari fi ma yurdika ‘anni. Allahumma badi’a s-samawati wa ‘l-ardi dha ‘l-jalali wa ‘l-ikrami wa ‘l-‘izzati ‘l-lati la turam, as’aluka ya Allahu ya Rahmanu bi jalalika wa nuri wajhika an tulzima qalbi hifza kitabika kama ‘allamtani wa ‘rzuqni an atluwahu ‘ala ‘n-nahwi ‘l-ladhi yurdika ‘anni. Allahumma badi’a s-samawati wa ‘l-ardi dha ‘l-jalali wa ‘l-ikrami wa ‘l-‘izzati ‘l-lati la turam, as’aluka ya Allahu ya Rahmanu bi jalalika wa nuri wajhika an tunawwira bikitabika basari wa an tutliqa bihi lisani wa an tufarrija bihi ‘an qalbi wa an tashraha bihi sadri wa an taghsila bihi badani fa innahu la yu’inuni ‘ala ‘l-haqqi ghayruka wa la y’utihi illa anta. Wa la hawla wa la quwwata illa billahi ‘l-‘aliyyi ‘l-adhim.

Translation: O Allah, be merciful to me by (allowing me to) leave acts of disobedience as long as you keep me alive, be merciful to me that I (do not) involve myself in what does not concern me and grant me a good view of that which pleases You. O Allah, O Originator of the heavens and the earth, O Possessor of majesty, ennoblement and unattainable might, I ask You, O Allah, O The Very Merciful, by Your majesty and the light of Your essence to bind my heart to memorisation of Your book as You have taught me and grant me to recite it in the manner that pleases You. O Allah, O Originator of the heavens and the earth, O Possessor of majesty, ennoblement and unattainable might, I ask You, O Allah, O The Very Merciful, by Your majesty and the light of Your essence to illuminate my sight by Your book, to release my tongue by it, to give ease to my heart by it, to open my chest by it and to wash my body by it for none other than You can assist me on the truth and none other than You give it. There is no movement or power except with Allah, the Lofty, the Tremendous.)

O Abu’l-H}asan, you will do that three, five or seven Fridays and you will be answered with the permission of Allah. By the One who sent me with the truth, it will never miss a believer.”’

Ibn ‘Abbas said:

‘By Allah, ‘Ali did not remain for five or seven (Fridays) until he came to the Messenger of Allah, prayers and peace be upon him, in a similar gathering and said:

“O Messenger of Allah, before I used to only take four or a similar number of verses and when I have recited them to myself they would escape me but now I learn fourty or a similar number of verses and when I have recited them to myself it is as though the Book of Allah is in front of my eyes. I would hear one statement (hadith) and when I would repeat them it would escape but now I hear statements and when I relate them I do not miss one letter.”

The Messenger of Allah, prayers and peace be upon him, said to him: “(You are) a believer, by the Lord of the Kaaba, O Abu’l-Hasan.”’

Abu ‘Isa (al-Tirmidhi) said: ‘This is a fair strange (hasan gharib) tradition which we only know from the tradition of Walid b. Muslim.'

The hadith is recorded by al-Tirmidhi in the Book
                            ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                            Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Soon In Shaa Allah very soon. Have you tried reciting to someone else? Maybe they hear something you don't?

Teachers are so lovely and understanding alhamdulilah. I've had to reduce my hifdh significantly coz of final exams an stuff and she was so lovely about it alhamdulilah.

Also realised that the more Iisten to warsh the more I end up subconsciously reciting in warsh. That's my heart calling to warsh subhanAllah, I hope Allah allows me to learn warsh before I leave this Dunya. Would be such an honour.

What's taqleed mean btw?
                              Taqleel.. It's a mistake in hafs, I've completely forgotten what it is although I remember my teacher correcting me. I think it's like imalah, but I'm not sure.
                              Last edited by Hamnah; 11-05-13, 01:33 PM.
                              اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Life is amazing when you can actually understand the Quraan when it is being recited as it was revealed without a translator

Alhamdulilah

لا تفكر كثيرا
                                بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Working...
                                X