• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by MWarrior View Post
    Ma-sha Allah. :D
    "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
    (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by Yaqoot Marjaan View Post
      :salams:
      How do you guys fit in revision with working/family life. It takes me at least an hour or two of revision to get one Juz solid. I don't always get this time especially with work/other commitments. And that is only one Juz! Ideally I should be making revision of 3 Juz solid every day. I can look in and read 3 Juz no problem, but it doesn't really improve my Qur'an. Any tips?
      :wswrwb:

Same here. I don't do what I know I should be doing daily coz of studies especially at this time but in June :insha: I'll have more time to do my daily revision. So for now I'm sticking to revising with my teachers an defo reciting in salah as tmr said as well as revising the ajzaa that I'm not so strong in. Especially doing Surah baqarah in salah to get it solidified is pretty neat and fun. Reciting 1hizb per rakah is quite enjoyable.

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I seem to be able to revise 2 juz alongwith new memorization. However sometimes the Juz which a are weak need to be revised and thats when i find it difficult to revise + memorize... What I've done is tried to group all my revision portion into pairs of (1 tough juz + 1 easy Juz) .

Comment

Etiquettes of the quran carriers

لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

I have a question before I forget and would very much appreciate varied responses irrespective of whatever level folk areat.

When you first embarked on the journey of the quran (with or without hifdh), what were your challenges/obstacles?
            What would you have appreciated from your teacher at the beginning of this journey?

In Shaa Allah the replies will be a means of sadaqah jariyah

لا تفكر كثيرا
            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
              I have a question before I forget and would very much appreciate varied responses irrespective of whatever level folk areat.

When you first embarked on the journey of the quran (with or without hifdh), what were your challenges/obstacles?
              What would you have appreciated from your teacher at the beginning of this journey?

Had really bad stutter problems when reciting because I couldn't put the letters together.
              Would of really appreciate if my teacher actually taught me tajwid.
              Leader of the Anti-Barelvi Initiative: Join Today!

Comment

Allahumma baarik lahu. In Shaa Allah you'll get there easily, Allah facilitate it for you ameen

Alhamdulilah, actually I wanna ask you something

Is he back?

May Allah accept it from us all, make us sincere, give us honour and life through the quran and give our parents the best of surprises and rewards in this Dunya and akhira coz of our hifdh Allahumma ameen.

I hope Allah accepts this from me, it's the main thing I want to give my parents, they're a main source of my motivation as I've not been able to give them things financially an that so I hope all sorrows and woes will be forgotten due to my hifdh for them if not in this Dunya then bi'ithnillah at the time of death :love:

Only few more years in Dunya for us all anyway, so not long to go.
                :salams

nope, his wife had an accident, please keep him in your prayers, such a humble and beautiful human being, I benefited immensely with him. I'm starting again today with a new teacher insh'Allah.
                ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

For me it was not knowing the Arabic language and not knowing proper tajweed. Since I started at a young age, it really didn't effect me till I grew up a bit. Alhamdulilah when I started to learn the language, read tafsirs, and constantly listen to my favorite reciters, it helped me so much. I was also able to memorize a whole lot more than usual because listening to the sheikh made it easier for me.
                  الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
                    Daily testing is fine for me, what I struggle with is the bigger tests that include a whole surah and lots of mutashabihaat..

I don't quite understand the system described by Abu Mus'ab. I suppose every teacher has their own way.
                    What we used to do was 1. Memorize our new lesson, 2. Review a surah or two and also recite that by heart, 3. Every week we would do something Somalis call 'sub'ees', which is basically a portion/hizb/juzz that we have like a week to memorize, then everyone sits down, and we start reciting by heart. But we go by ayah, so some starts with one ayah, the next person recites the next, and so on. It was pretty intense lol
                    الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

Comment

To memroize Quran without Tajweed is USELESS!!!
                      Learn to recite properly before you start to memroize! One of my friends did memorize 1/3 of the Quran and when he traveled to Jordan and was reciting to his teacher, his teacher said "Go and learn Tajweed and then memorize eveything again!!!

Find a teacher, start with Tufhatul Atfal and then Al-Muqadimmah Al-Jazriyah, and then start to memroize.

Comment

:salams

I'll echo what others have said about learning tajweed first.

I've had wonderful teachers so far :alhumdull . When I started this journey, my intention was only to learn to read Arabic well enough recite Qur'an properly(I barely knew alif, ba, ta - and I knew nothing of makharij). My first teacher taught me the basics of tajweed - enough to learn to read and revise the small portion of Qur'an I had already memorized. She encouraged me to do more and I found I loved it so much that I wanted to complete memorizing the entire Qur'an. Now I'm having difficulty with correcting my pronounciation and I'm learning more in depth tajweed as I'm memorizing.

My initial challenges are my current challenges: mainly pronouncing the letters correctly. Also being told how much to review daily aside from what I need to review for my classes. I never knew how much and I've had to find my own habit of it which has been difficult as the amount I've memorized has increased.

What I would have appreciated - though I find no fault as they didn't know I would want to complete hifz of Qur'an when I began - was 1)more emphasis on makharij and proper pronounciation of the letters 2)being assigned specific amounts to memorize and review daily - my teachers have been very easy and accomodating :masha: until I've been setting the amount with no idea what is a beneficial amount and had to learn(by doing very poorly lol) what is too much and what is not enough until I do too little and get lazy. 3)Hearing tafsir or their own experience with what portion of Qur'an we are working on at the time. I often read the tafsir before class to have an idea of what we're working on, but I really enjoy hearing their own (or their shaykha's) explanation of something and what they enjoy or appreciate of it. I seem to remember whatever they share with me every time I review that portion :masha: , while I don't always remember the tafsir that I read on my own.

Everything else that I would have appreciated I received with them already :alhumdull . They were/are very kind and patient. Friendly and easy to learn from. Encouraging, but correct my mistakes without doing it in a derogatory manner that might be discouraging or make me feel bad or want to give up.

Comment

when I first started an obstacle was they way we were being taught.
                          I wish the teachers didn't beat the kids, and they should have been a bit more organized. there was like 1 teacher and loads of students. some of the teachers would try to listen to 2 people at the same time and was just chaotic. on top of this they didn't teach tajweed.

they let me off with too many mistakes which then had to be corrected later in life (which became another obstacle).
                          now my biggest challenge is balancing memorization and revision.
                          "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                          (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                          He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Any knowledgeable Warsh reciters here?

I have two issues. The one sheikh I recite with says I have issues pronouncing a word with taqleel (the word is kaafireen), and he's losing patience with me regarding that. I'm doing the best I can with it and it sounds right to me, and all the other words that have taqleel in them he says are great, but for some reason he hears this one off.

Second issue is, he says the word "متى" does not have taqleel and is an exception, yet in the two warsh masaahif I've looked at, it has the circle below it to indicate taqleel is done there. Moreover in the lectures I've listened to, while there are exceptions indeed, it was simply not listed among them.

If anyone is knowledgeable in this I'd appreciate some help on both those points. I think the sheikh developed a bias with how I say it, I'm at a complete loss as to how else it should be said, it's totally correct as I hear it, both when I recite it and off a recording.
                            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

Assalaamualeikum

Masha'Allah thanks for sharing really benefial.

Ok so heres my position... I will be completing my 21st Juz Hifz in a couple of days insha'Allah. Then i plan to take a break and focus on Revision.

Intend to do 3 paras a day so I can complete 1 cycle revision every week. Want to consolidate my hifz rather than rush through as i feel some Juz need to be made for strong.

Intend to continue this revision cycle till Ramadhan so i can enjoy my taraweeh :) then Insha'Allah complete the remaining 9 Juz post Ramadhan till Dec this year.. :)

Any tips ? :)

Comment

Originally posted by nidaelahi View Post
                                Assalaamualeikum

Masha'Allah thanks for sharing really benefial.

Ok so heres my position... I will be completing my 21st Juz Hifz in a couple of days insha'Allah. Then i plan to take a break and focus on Revision.

Intend to do 3 paras a day so I can complete 1 cycle revision every week. Want to consolidate my hifz rather than rush through as i feel some Juz need to be made for strong.

Intend to continue this revision cycle till Ramadhan so i can enjoy my taraweeh :) then Insha'Allah complete the remaining 9 Juz post Ramadhan till Dec this year.. :)

Any tips ? :)
                                Wa alaykumasalaam

Can I ask how you balance it all? Are you working/studying?

How long will you be leaving a gap for? I don't think it's advisable to leave a gap for too long as revision is constant.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                                بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Working...
                                X