X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
    You have skype don't you? You should add me and i'll have a look see.
    Awesome.

Check rep for skype id.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZebsVVgj5nI
      "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
      (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post

amazing, I love his accent!

is it allowed to do hifz when a teacher isn't available ? on your own I mean, then when you can find a teacher have him correct ur mistakes
        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
          amazing, I love his accent!

is it allowed to do hifz when a teacher isn't available ? on your own I mean, then when you can find a teacher have him correct ur mistakes
          Yes it is.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Link

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
              :salams:

What is the database of sanad all about?

Comment

:wswrwb:

It's a list of people in the Western Cape who have a sanad in the Qur'an.
                Last edited by the_middle_road; 04-04-13, 02:13 PM.

Comment

How's everyone getting on?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                  بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                  The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                  www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

19 & (1/4) Juz memorized . My Target is October this year to complete hifz Insha'Allah.

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post

it's a constant struggle
                      "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                      (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                      He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Very difficult without a teacher.. waiting for my shakhy to return.
                        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by nidaelahi View Post
                          19 & (1/4) Juz memorized . My Target is October this year to complete hifz Insha'Allah.
                          Allahumma baarik lahu. In Shaa Allah you'll get there easily, Allah facilitate it for you ameen
                          Originally posted by faatima18 View Post
                          it's a constant struggle
                          Alhamdulilah, actually I wanna ask you something
                          Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
                          Very difficult without a teacher.. waiting for my shakhy to return.
                          Is he back?

May Allah accept it from us all, make us sincere, give us honour and life through the quran and give our parents the best of surprises and rewards in this Dunya and akhira coz of our hifdh Allahumma ameen.

I hope Allah accepts this from me, it's the main thing I want to give my parents, they're a main source of my motivation as I've not been able to give them things financially an that so I hope all sorrows and woes will be forgotten due to my hifdh for them if not in this Dunya then bi'ithnillah at the time of death :love:

Only few more years in Dunya for us all anyway, so not long to go.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                          بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Is it okay to take a break/ask for some time off? An obv to not leave the quran during that time.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Is it okay to take a break/ask for some time off? An obv to not leave the quran during that time.
                              Yes, you shouldn't continue to the point where it becomes like a "burden", so there's no harm in taking a break.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Memorizing the quran and at old age IS NOT easy, especially when you have so many other responsibilities to fulfill. It's easier to imbibe the quran, or any knowledge that requires extensive memorization, as a child.

In my case, I memorized the entire quran at age 12 and it was unintentional result because I hadn't intended to memorize it. I was sent to quranic schools at age 6 sometime in the late 90s and I had memorize it 6 years later. We went to this particular school for 6 days a week and at least 6 hours a day(from 6-12:30 with a 45min break). Not to mention the teachers were strict and made sure you wouldn't go home to eat your breakfast if you hadn't recited back whatever lesson you were given for that day.

As an adult, it requires a lot more studying and a lot more discipline and motivation because no one is forcing you to memorize your lessons as opposed being a child where we had teachers who'd whip you if you did not master your lessons. It was more about wanting to escape the beating than it was wanting to memorize it.

Comment

Working...
                                X