• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Notification.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
      My journey in general is nothing to write home about, I was just another statistic amongst a hundred others.

But despite all that it was a lifetime.

I don't really have any tips, the only tip i have is that people should learn arabic and that will make memorisation much easier.

And there's no such thing as a "hard surah", it just means that you don't pay enough attention to that particular surah, the more you read it the easier you'll find it becomes.
      So true, and shaytan will always be our enemy, i realised my struggle now when it comes to revision/hifz, shaytan makes me worry too much about not doing enough which makes me not do anything because im busying worrying. Got a long way to go

لا تفكر كثيرا
      بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
      The children need your prayers more than anyone else
      www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

I'm up to Surah Fajr now and 10 more verses and I'm done. Alhamdulillah. I'm really really to finish juz Amma by May and finishing juz 29 by the end of Ramadan but kinda seems impossible. :(

Comment

Why you say impossible? Did you start the online classes btw?

It's not impossible because quran is easy to remember and memorise because this is what Allah has said. Anything counter to that is false. So chin up and continue the journey :D

لا تفكر كثيرا
          بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

After some (small) thought, i don't think i'll be able to memorise warsh just yet. Maybe after my studies In Shaa Allah towards the end of next year. I just don't think i'll be able to balance everything together like that. But i will learn how to recite in warsh so i can recite for fun/enjoyment but defo memorisation will have to be postponed. So it'll be a year of firming my hifdh once im done bi'ithnillah, and then embarking on the journey again.

May Allah accept it from all of us ameen.

لا تفكر كثيرا
            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
              After some (small) thought, i don't think i'll be able to memorise warsh just yet. Maybe after my studies In Shaa Allah towards the end of next year. I just don't think i'll be able to balance everything together like that. But i will learn how to recite in warsh so i can recite for fun/enjoyment but defo memorisation will have to be postponed. So it'll be a year of firming my hifdh once im done bi'ithnillah, and then embarking on the journey again.

May Allah accept it from all of us ameen.
              How much is left , if u don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by cooldog View Post
                How much is left , if u don't mind me asking?
                About a third

لا تفكر كثيرا
                بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

About a third
                  20 to 30 ?

Comment

20 to 30 ?
                    What do you mean? The number of juzz?

I started from juzz amma (in the beginning) all the way till about juzz qad'same, then did surat baqarah (or i think just juzz1) then back from the other side, then continued from surat baqarah till surat nisa, then back from the other side up until surat Zumar, then surat maidah till surat an'am, then from surat zumar all the way till surat ankabut and now almost done surat a'raaf (in shaa Allah this week) and then i'll probably continue surat anfal as it's not too long.

I go back for motivation as my teacher said sometimes it's good after the long surahs.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

What do you mean? The number of juzz?

I started from juzz amma (in the beginning) all the way till about juzz qad'same, then did surat baqarah (or i think just juzz1) then back from the other side, then continued from surat baqarah till surat nisa, then back from the other side up until surat Zumar, then surat maidah till surat an'am, then from surat zumar all the way till surat ankabut and now almost done surat a'raaf (in shaa Allah this week) and then i'll probably continue surat anfal as it's not too long.

I go back for motivation as my teacher said sometimes it's good after the long surahs.
                      :jkk:

I started from 3amma till kahaf.
                      Started baqarah but got side tracked after one juz.
                      Then completed surah usuf recenlty.

Any recommedations on what to do next?
                      I dont have a teacher.

Comment

:jkk:

I started from 3amma till kahaf.
                        Started baqarah but got side tracked after one juz.
                        Then completed surah usuf recenlty.

Any recommedations on what to do next?
                        I dont have a teacher.
                        I can give you details for brothers classes online if you're interested? They're all qualified, trustworthy and it's free. But for the brothers they recommend (if you're in a muslim country or even do have access to a teacher at the masjid etc) to do it at the masjid.

I'd say, continue from surat kahf until you get back on track and then continue again from juzz 2. Also find a friend or someone you can test eachother/memorise/revise with coz it gives you memories when reciting for revision and it helps it to stick. We did that from surat baqarah till nisa and it's helped a LOT.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                        بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

I can give you details for brothers classes online if you're interested? They're all qualified, trustworthy and it's free. But for the brothers they recommend (if you're in a muslim country or even do have access to a teacher at the masjid etc) to do it at the masjid.

I'd say, continue from surat kahf until you get back on track and then continue again from juzz 2. Also find a friend or someone you can test eachother/memorise/revise with coz it gives you memories when reciting for revision and it helps it to stick. We did that from surat baqarah till nisa and it's helped a LOT.
                          I find the style of the teachers where I am now very different from where I did my hifdh. I did try to hire somone but it didnt workout.I wasnt comfortable with his methods.

How does the skype thing work? Do I learn and recite in front of the teacher without looking?

Comment

I find the style of the teachers where I am now very different from where I did my hifdh. I did try to hire somone but it didnt workout.I wasnt comfortable with his methods.

How does the skype thing work? Do I learn and recite in front of the teacher without looking?
                            Yea you basically recite what you've memorised (you can speak with the teacher about that) and he'll correct your mistakes including tajweed and anything else. You can probably arrange revision classes too privately but it's just the same as normal except that its voice only.

Actually the brother that recently joined them is pretty good and so is his English (they did trial with my little brother).

لا تفكر كثيرا
                            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Doppel
                              Last edited by F_R; 31-03-13, 10:58 PM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

You have skype don't you? You should add me and i'll have a look see.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Working...
                                X