X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Originally posted by Abu AbdulRahman View Post
    :salams

A 3-week program if followed strictly, Surah Al-Baqarah will be completely firm by the will of Allah (Guaranteed InshaAllah!):

First Juzz' - Week one:
    Saturday: 1-25
    Sunday: 1-43
    Monday: 1-59
    Tuesday: 1-74
    Wednesday: 1-91
    Thursday: 1-105
    Friday: 1-123
    Saturday 1-141

Second Juzz' - Week two:
    Sunday: 142-157 + First juzz' once
    Monday: 142-176
    Tuesday: 142-188 + First juzz' once
    Wednesday: 142-202
    Thursday: 142-218 + First juzz' once
    Friday: 142-232
    Saturday: 142-242 + First juzz' once
    Sunday: 142-252

Third Juzz' - Week three:
    Monday: 253-262 + First and second juzz' once
    Tuesday: 253-271
    Wednesday: 253-281 + First and second juzz' once
    Thursday: 253-286
    Friday: Whole Surah (Completely Fluent inshaAllah :))

VERY IMPORTANT: READ ALOUD!
    :wswrwb:

Do you stick to that? What if life gets in the way? :( my revision routine got lost coz of other deadlines, im revising with teachers and my own personal revision schedule has been affected . I can't do the 1 juzz when i have deadlines etc, so what do i do? An if it's like this now i wonder what'll happen if i memorise more? My revision isn't sooo bad alhamdulilah but i have weak ajza that need work on an im doing that with my teachers. Maybe that's enough for now? An i do half a juzz a day or something?

What say? May Allah help us and make us sincere ameen
    Last edited by F_R; 05-03-13, 10:14 PM.

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Yes i used to struggle with Al Baqarah and this program totally helped me alhamdulilah :)
      From what i have read and heard one should revise 1 juzz a day bare minimum (which i do). If i feel lazy i revise 10 old pages and the 10 last memorized.. Feels lighter somewhy..

I am trying to implement the habit of taking advantage for all these small breaks we take during our day ie. break at school, wait at the doctor, stop lights etc etc. I usually revise and memorize at night as the last thing since the house is quiet at that time, and sometimes i find myself only revising 5 pages at night because of those i already revised throughout the day!

Also remember when doing heavy revision like the mentioned program, just do fast hadr reading, only maintaining tajweed and not messing the words up. Every letter has to be intact so that we dont mess up the meaning.

After week 1 you start getting the feeling that 1 juzz' is nothing so it gets alot easier eventually.
      Last edited by Abu AbdulRahman; 06-03-13, 09:32 AM.
      أم حسبتم أن تدخلوا الجنة ولما يعلم الله الذين جاهدوا منكم ويعلم الصابرين

Comment

:wswrwb:

I don't have difficulty with Surat baqarah alhamdulilah and a few other ones don't take me long to revise. An now I'm revising with my teachers an they get me to revise around various parts of what I've memorised so that's not an issue. My concern is my outside revision. I'm revising for my classes but because of studies etc ive not been able to revise my own ajzaa even the minimum of 1juzz was put on hold coz of demanding things. What do you suggest?

لا تفكر كثيرا
        بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Pay attention to the talaq pages, the page about qitaal, aayat addayn, andd... uh yeah, those imo are were the toughest to pass.. the rest of the surah should be easy.
          º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Comment

إِنَّ الَّذِينَ يَتْلُونَ كِتَابَ اللَّهِ وَأَقَامُوا الصَّلَاةَ وَأَنفَقُوا مِمَّا رَزَقْنَاهُمْ سِرًّا وَعَلَانِيَةً يَرْجُونَ تِجَارَةً لَّن تَبُورَ
            لِيُوَفِّيَهُمْ أُجُورَهُمْ وَيَزِيدَهُم مِّن فَضْلِهِ إِنَّهُ غَفُورٌ شَكُورٌ

اللهم تقبل منا

لا تفكر كثيرا
            بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by Muslim First View Post
              I've wasted so much time. Usually people start when they're kids at a madrasah etc. My parents neglected me when it came to the deen.. and now here I am, barely getting by
              I started in my 20's.
              ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
              Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by Abu AbdulRahman View Post

A 3-week program if followed strictly, Surah Al-Baqarah will be completely firm by the will of Allah (Guaranteed InshaAllah!):

First Juzz' - Week one:
                Saturday: 1-25
                Sunday: 1-43
                Monday: 1-59
                Tuesday: 1-74
                Wednesday: 1-91
                Thursday: 1-105
                Friday: 1-123
                Saturday 1-141

Second Juzz' - Week two:
                Sunday: 142-157 + First juzz' once
                Monday: 142-176
                Tuesday: 142-188 + First juzz' once
                Wednesday: 142-202
                Thursday: 142-218 + First juzz' once
                Friday: 142-232
                Saturday: 142-242 + First juzz' once
                Sunday: 142-252

Third Juzz' - Week three:
                Monday: 253-262 + First and second juzz' once
                Tuesday: 253-271
                Wednesday: 253-281 + First and second juzz' once
                Thursday: 253-286
                Friday: Whole Surah (Completely Fluent inshaAllah :))

VERY IMPORTANT: READ ALOUD!
                Masha'Allah a juz a week, May Allah make it easy for all for those who sincerely strive to Memorize and Understand the Qur'an for His Sake

Comment

I saw this and i just had to share it
                  by Shiekh Abdullah Azzam
                  "So, it is upon you to tend to the Qur'an - the pillar of the heart, the light of the chest, the remover of sadness. And this time period is the period of memorization of the Qur'an. I started in and benefited greatly from the days of training in 1969 (when fighting in Palestine). I benefited greatly from the memorization of the Qur'an, and it was the period of golden purity of the heart and spirit. So, it is easy for you to memorize here; very easy...yes. I had a large-print Mushaf, and during the time in which I would stand guard at night, I would repeat what I had memorized during the day. So, if I mispronounced a word, I opened it, and I would read it using the light of the Moon. As for now, I cannot even see using the light of the Sun, so, we ask Allah to strengthen our eyesight...

So, try to memorize five verses of the Qur'an everyday, and start with 'al-Anfal.' Everyday, after the morning prayer, make for yourself a sitting with the Noble Qur'an. Memorize five verses of 'al-Anfal,' and review the five verses from the previous day. You can memorize it in fifteen days: seventy-five verses, five verses each day...this should be very easy on you...

Our brother, Khalid Qablan - who was martyred two days ago in Khost, Abu al-Walid, from Riyad - was martyred on Friday, at 2:30 p.m. I visited his brothers after his martyrdom, not knowing that he had been martyred, and everyone who was around him said that everything about him indicated that he was preparing for the Hereafter. They said that he would choose to stand guard from midnight to 1:00 a.m., then he would stay up in prayer until the Fajr. He would make the adhan for Fajr, then pray. After that, he would begin his adhkar. He would fast every Monday and Thursday - continuously - and the White Days (13th, 14th, 15th day of each month), and the six days of Shawwal. They also said that on the night before Friday - and it was the final night of his life - he stood guard from midnight to 1:00 a.m., stayed up in prayer until the Fajr, made the adhan for Fajr, prayed, made his morning adhkar, then we moved to the location of the battle for that day. On the way there, he recited 'al-Kahf,' and increased in his invoking of peace and blessings upon the Prophet. When we arrived - his companion from Yemen narrates - "I asked him if he had finished his recitation of 'al-Kahf,' and he said: "Yes." Then, we started firing the mortar rounds, and the nineteenth shell exploded inside the mortar, and many pieces of shrapnel entered his body. He gasped only twice, then he submitted his soul to the Lord of the Worlds.""

['Fi at-Tarbiyah al-Jihadiyyah wal-Bina''; 2/40-42]
                  O you who have believed, if you obey those who disbelieve, they will turn you back on your heels, and you will [then] become losers.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm-Aaliyah View Post
                    I saw this and i just had to share it
                    That brings back sad memories.

May Allaah free Abu Sabaayah, Aameen.
                    Last edited by Abu Mus'ab; 25-03-13, 03:12 PM.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Maan, my hifz experiences were fun and challenging.

From when I was young, running from shuyuukh and dodging their hits. Bobbing my head up and down, reading very loud with like 100 other kids.. competing with friends/siblings who could memorize more and quicker.. but, it all ended when having to do non-stop revision took over.. once that beings, you have no choice but to keep up with it, otherwise you have that big monster called 'regret' running behind you waiting to eat you up.

Oh the horror!

º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Comment

Originally posted by Abdullah Fatih View Post
                        Maan, my hifz experiences were fun and challenging.

From when I was young, running from shuyuukh and dodging their hits. Bobbing my head up and down, reading very loud with like 100 other kids.. competing with friends/siblings who could memorize more and quicker.. but, it all ended when having to do non-stop revision took over.. once that beings, you have no choice but to keep up with it, otherwise you have that big monster called 'regret' running behind you waiting to eat you up.

Oh the horror!

True . Baraka Allahu feek
                        أم حسبتم أن تدخلوا الجنة ولما يعلم الله الذين جاهدوا منكم ويعلم الصابرين

Comment

Me and 2 other friends wanted to compete like first person to complete their hifdh. But now one of them has backed down and I think the other one has too :( so much for competition

How do people revise 2 qi'raata's then? I wanna do warsh as soon as I'm done with Hafs In Shaa Allah

لا تفكر كثيرا
                          بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                            Me and 2 other friends wanted to compete like first person to complete their hifdh. But now one of them has backed down and I think the other one has too :( so much for competition

How do people revise 2 qi'raata's then? I wanna do warsh as soon as I'm done with Hafs In Shaa Allah
                            I dont get why u would want to do it in two different ways, wudnt be confusing for u say, 10 years down the line.

Comment

Originally posted by cooldog View Post
                              I dont get why u would want to do it in two different ways, wudnt be confusing for u say, 10 years down the line.
                              I might end up favouring one (warsh) but my teacher has done it in both Hafs and Warsh so if she can do it then I can In Shaa Allah. My heart is with Warsh that's why I want that one, Hafs was my first and my base but Warsh is where I belong I feel.

لا تفكر كثيرا
                              بل استغفر كثيرا

Comment

My journey in general is nothing to write home about, I was just another statistic amongst a hundred others.

But despite all that it was a lifetime.

I don't really have any tips, the only tip i have is that people should learn arabic and that will make memorisation much easier.

And there's no such thing as a "hard surah", it just means that you don't pay enough attention to that particular surah, the more you read it the easier you'll find it becomes.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Working...
                                X