Hifz Experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Hifz is not the hard part. It's rather fun.

It is the never ending muraaji'ah that needs all the focus
    º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Comment

Originally posted by Abdullah Fatih View Post
      Hifz is not the hard part. It's rather fun.

It is the never ending muraaji'ah that needs all the focus
      :up:
      "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
      (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

:salams

Jst a reminder...Mashaa'Allah you're all So lucky Allah has chosen You

Reward for Hafiz Ul-Quraan

Ali RadiyAllahu `anhu says that Rasulullah :saw: said,

"Whoever reads Qur'an and learns it by heart, and regards what it makes lawful as lawful and its unlawful as forbidden,
        will be admitted into Paradise by Almighty Allah Who will also accept his intercession in respect of 10 such persons of his family who shall have been doomed to Hell."
        (Ahmad, Tirmidhi) [Al Islah Publication]

May Allah make it easy for you all to memorise and remember the Quran
        & fill your hearts with light through the Quran, beautify your character through the Quran
        & save you from the Fire through the Quran and enter you into Jannah through the Quran.
        Last edited by ify; 18-12-12, 06:58 PM.
        من صمت نجا

He who keeps silent saves himself (Tirmidhi, Ahmad).

Comment

:start:

Becoming One of Allah's Special People

I was not a conscientious Muslim. As I entered my freshman year of high school, I had one very specific goal which I was determined to accomplish: to become popular. “Piety” was not consistent with this goal – at least not in my perspective. It was for this reason that I expressed disdain when my dad announced we would be undertaking the religious journey to Mecca in the summer following my freshman year of high school. I recall telling a friend, “Man, I’m scared. I don’t want to change!” I knew people went to Mecca and then became super religious. I didn’t want that to happen to me.

Mecca

As we entered the Grand Mosque, my dad told my mom, my brother, and me to keep our eyes down until we reached the opening of the Masjid, until we were in a space which would allow for our first glimpse of the House of Allah, the Ka’ba, to be in our full view. As we walked through the halls of the Grand Mosque, I heard my mom and dad crying. I knew this was supposed to be a spiritual experience. I could see that they were going through something incredible, but I felt nothing. I felt absolutely nothing. Finally, we approached steps which led to a great opening. At this point, my dad instructed, “Look up.”

ALLAH! In that moment, my vision was suddenly filled with the beloved Ka’ba. As if awakened from the dead, as if beating for the first time, my heart was immediately gripped indescribably. It suddenly filled with this unexplainable, fully tangible presence of the Creator of the Universe. I began to bawl; I was struck with the realization that this feeling, this closeness to God, could only happen because He truly exists. I began to regret all I had done and all the time I had wasted; I began circumambulating the Ka’ba, weeping, begging Allah subhanahu wa ta`ala (exalted is He) to forgive me.

When we returned to America, I had difficulty maintaining my spiritual awakening. I decided that I would begin to read the Qur’an. I reasoned that I could watch hours of television a day and so, at the very least, I had an obligation to read at least five pages a day. I hadn’t touched the Qur’an in years. I’m not Arab, I was not raised knowing Arabic; I had just learnt how to read the letters when joined together when I was really young, like many Muslim children. I hadn’t practiced reading Arabic in so many years that I was painfully slow at it; reading five pages easily turned into an hour ordeal, if not longer. I didn’t understand anything I read, but I kept trying.

One day, my mom passed by my room and suggested, “Maryam, why don’t you read it in English? At least then you’ll understand what you’re reading.” To me, this was a lucrative suggestion; I was a really fast reader in English. If I read half the page in English and half of it in Arabic, it’d take much less time to get through five pages a day.

I began and I transformed. Reading the Qur’an in English and being able to come to an understanding of what its message conveyed captivated me. I began to change internally and it slowly took hold of my external being; my thoughts, my intentions, my actions… I slowly began to internalize a conscientiousness that revolutionized my life. I was mesmerized by the Qur’an and it was then that I decided I would undertake memorizing it.

It took me over seven years to memorize the Qur’an. In the time span that I spent memorizing, I had other responsibilities simultaneously. I was either studying or working full time (or a combination of both), I was the president or lead figure of an organization or community work, and I had familial responsibilities. The only time I was able to focus almost completely on the Qur’an was when I moved to Egypt for eleven months, in which I dedicated about two hours a day to memorization while I also studied Arabic and did Arabic homework for about seven hours of the day. However, the majority of the memorization occurred in America, amidst a crazy schedule. I memorized while I had to take care of life responsibilities; you, too, can memorize while taking care of business.

Continue reading...
          Last edited by the_middle_road; 19-12-12, 05:10 PM.

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

salam,
            i have a serious problem,
            i dont have a teacher as my parents dont allow me to have one--- so m doing hifz on my own. i study in uni , so a lot of time is consumed in that n commuting plus i teach aswell so there also time goes down the drain but its imp to support myself. the only time i get to do hifz is from 2 in morning till 6 am. there also i cant read loudly as my parents will know n they dont want me to do hifz:( , so i do it slowly , soundlessly, secretly. the problem is -------- sometimes m high on imaan------ yes i can do that , i will do that n sometimes m on a drain-- feeling dejected as if i wont be able to do. plus i feel a lot tired. is it normal to feel tired in earlier days when you start doing hifz??
            jazzak alkhair
            The Masjid's are free, but empty,
            The Clubs are paid and full,
            Its free to enter Heaven
            But costly to enter Hell.

Comment

Wa alaikum salaam

Why don't your parents want you to do hifz? You should tell them about the rewards for it: even they will be rewarded if you do it, and you will be granted intercession for your family.

The time you spend commuting could be used to revise your hifz.

Comment

Anyone have a mutashabihaat mushaf?

Will it confuse me or be of any help? I'm not sure when I'll get mine but I'll have one soon inshaAllah..
                Last edited by Hamnah; 03-01-13, 12:41 AM.
                اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post

Will it confuse me or be of any help? I'm not sure when I'll get mine but I'll have one soon inshaAllah..
                  A mutashaabihaat mus'haf? I haven't seen one of those yet.

tmr has written a nice kitaab on the subject of mutashaabihaat, it's available for download from his blog.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post

My cousin has one. It did look like it could be potentially confusing when I had a look at it. And one of my students did say that she found it a bit difficult - because when it comes to mutashabihat it's a very individual thing. Mutashabihat that one person struggles with might not be a problem for the next. So having all the mutashabihat marked in the mus-haf could end up making things more challenging, as it would indicate to you mutashabihat that before you never had any problems with.

But I do think it could be something good and beneficial. Allah ta'ala knows best.

Comment

I have to reiterate one thing...this thread is beautiful...subhanAllah

:jkk:
                      Mutarrif B. 'Abdillah: ''Oh Allaah, I seek forgiveness in you from that which I have repented and then returned back to, and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I rendered to you and then did not fulfil and I seek forgiveness in you from that which I alleged was for seeking your face but, my heart mixed with that which you know of me'' (حلية الأولياء)

Comment

Originally posted by Abu Mus'ab View Post
                        A mutashaabihaat mus'haf? I haven't seen one of those yet.

tmr has written a nice kitaab on the subject of mutashaabihaat, it's available for download from his blog.
                        Originally posted by the_middle_road View Post
                        My cousin has one. It did look like it could be potentially confusing when I had a look at it. And one of my students did say that she found it a bit difficult - because when it comes to mutashabihat it's a very individual thing. Mutashabihat that one person struggles with might not be a problem for the next. So having all the mutashabihat marked in the mus-haf could end up making things more challenging, as it would indicate to you mutashabihat that before you never had any problems with.

But I do think it could be something good and beneficial. Allah ta'ala knows best.
                        :jkk:

Anyway may Allah make it easy for me and everyone else. Ameen
                        Last edited by Hamnah; 03-01-13, 11:21 PM.
                        اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by islamicjourneys View Post
                          Has anyone attempted studying the science of Rasm after memorising Quran ? I had a word with some of the hufaadh here from Somalia and they said that really helps. they write their own mushaf and do so for around 3 months which solidifies it in your memory. They also said that they continue this act of producing their own mushafs as a hobby. One of the brothers writes a mushaf in a recitation every 3 months mashalah.

have any of the hufaadh tried this ?
                          I only saw this post now, yes this definitely works.

Another good thing is if you know a bit of arabic, then you translate the Qur'aan yourself, you'll not only get thereby the message of the aayah, but you'll understand what the aayah is saying and you'll be able to link it with your knowledge of arabic to understand what you're reciting, that keeps it stronger in your memory.

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

• Comment

jazakallah...

Comment

Assalaamualeikum wa rahmautullahi wa barakatuhu,

Firstly Jazak'Allah KhaIran for this beautiful thread.

I,d like to share my journey so far.

Not so long ago, just over a couple of years or maybe three years back I could not read Arabic. That's when I got introduced to my ustadh who has been leading the taraweeh prayers in the local masjid since over a decade or so.

Alhumdulillah I started with the Noorani Qaida and worked steadily and consistently thrice a week with him with little or no practice by myself, except for Ramadhaan.

After having completed my First reading of the Quran I did get a little more fluent and that's when my ustadh slowly encouraged me to memorize some more short. Surahs . I remember clearly I used to dedicate only the 20 minutes after fajr till ishraaq for memorizing 3-4 lines.

It was beautiful but I really didn't review much and didn't have the firm intention to really become Haafiz.

Then came the time that I had memorized the 2nd half of juz amma and that was an amazing feeling. Also I had worked to memorize Surah yaseen , mulk, sajdah and dhukkan slowly slowly just like 3-5 lines at a time and whilst listening to the recitation to try to imitate the pauses and breaths.

Then finally I once read the virtues of Hifz from Fazal e Quran.

Alhumdulillah last October 2011 I made firm intention to become hafiz and started working to wards it half page a day.

I slowly increased to 1 page a day and finally reached 15 juz of memorization just a few weeks back.
                                now I have paused my memorization for a while as I feel I want to review more and become a strong half hafiz before I go ahead due to the increase in portion for review.

Alhumdulillah the journey has been beautiful and am looking forward to the road ahead.

I usually memorize 1 juz a month and mainly memorize fresh pages after fajr n review the same once after Maghreb.
                                I recently started reading the pages to be memorized the morning the previous night 10 times and it definitely has helped me memorize 2 pages within almost the same amounts of time. I do not understand Arabic but I do intend to learn that after my Hifz.

May Allah swt accept it from all of us and grant us the ability to live the Quran till the end. Aameen

Comment

Working...
                                X