Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Any remedies for sore throats mines been dying for the last two weeks
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
      :salams

hot water with honey works wonders for me alhamdulillah!

Comment

Originally posted by quadratic101 View Post
        what age is best for a child to start hifz?

My son is 5, reads quran alhumdulilah, but is not 100% fluent, inshallah i think in the next 6 months or so, he should be quite fluent. I am thinking of getting him to do hifz soon, but not sure, so any tips or advice will be appreciated.

Jazakallah Khair
        Start with him right away. See how much he can handle. Start with a few ayaat a day, and steadily increase.
        ○○Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.○○ -Imam Junaid

Comment

Originally posted by Abdullah Fatih View Post
          Start with him right away. See how much he can handle. Start with a few ayaat a day, and steadily increase.

yes inshallah, i have already started teaching him small surahs off by heart. Alhumdulilah.

Comment

nvm
            Last edited by Curious George; 05-12-12, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
              Nin Jiom cough syrup. InshaAllah you can find it at a local Asian supermarket or a Natural Health store. Tahurun inshaAllah.

wassalamu alaikum

Comment

Originally posted by quadratic101 View Post
                yes inshallah, i have already started teaching him small surahs off by heart. Alhumdulilah.
                Assalamualaikum warahmutallahi wabarakatuhu awwwwh ماشالله! May Allah reward u siiss! And make it easy for yr son! Ameeeeeen! :love:
                "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

Originally posted by islamicjourneys View Post
                  Husary mualim style, i don't have any difficulty reading Arabic. . aim for atleast 2 juzz a day but i try 3 juzz a day. Use your prayers to recite at least a page per rakah. and try at least a few pages during the night prayer that is my advice.

Jannah isn't cheap , work hard to get it.
                  :jkk:

I appreciate the advice and plan to implement it :insha: .

Comment

Al salamu alaikom wa rahmatu allahi wa barakatuh.
                    I need some revision help.
                    Alhamdulilah i managed to memorize surat al baqarah, however i lost motivation for a period and now my hifdh got a bit weak.
                    If i try to revise without looking, i tend to forget alot and have to look whats the next ayah.
                    I hear you need to revise atleast one juzz a day. Would it be okay to just READ 2 juzz a day instead?? Wouldnt that be better in term of getting the quran pages visualized aswell?
                    أم حسبتم أن تدخلوا الجنة ولما يعلم الله الذين جاهدوا منكم ويعلم الصابرين

Comment

Wa alaikum salaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

It might be different for other people, but for me I've found reciting while looking from the mus-haf doesn't contribute that much to strengthening hifz. You need to make a conscious to try and improve it to be able to recite without looking, even though that is harder and will take longer.
                      "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                      (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Has anyone attempted studying the science of Rasm after memorising Quran ? I had a word with some of the hufaadh here from Somalia and they said that really helps. they write their own mushaf and do so for around 3 months which solidifies it in your memory. They also said that they continue this act of producing their own mushafs as a hobby. One of the brothers writes a mushaf in a recitation every 3 months mashalah.

have any of the hufaadh tried this ?

Comment

mashallah very nice thread :)

Comment

Originally posted by Abu AbdulRahman View Post
                            Al salamu alaikom wa rahmatu allahi wa barakatuh.
                            I need some revision help.
                            Alhamdulilah i managed to memorize surat al baqarah, however i lost motivation for a period and now my hifdh got a bit weak.
                            If i try to revise without looking, i tend to forget alot and have to look whats the next ayah.
                            I hear you need to revise atleast one juzz a day. Would it be okay to just READ 2 juzz a day instead?? Wouldnt that be better in term of getting the quran pages visualized aswell?
                            Wa alaikumussalam, wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

You can also try listening to it via your favorite reciter, try doing this often. You can do this while driving or walking to classes.
                            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

"Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

Comment

I don't know how much discipline i had as a kid, but I memorized the quran. I did it for one reason and one reason alone, to make sure my parents had garb & crowns of light on the day of judgement.

Some people memorize it for themselves, i think that if i memorized it for myself i wouldn't have succeeded. I'm lazy.

Some memorize it for god. I think that if, as a kid, i told myself i was doing it for god, I wouldn't have succeeded the devil would have put it in my heart that if god wanted me to memorize it, he'd magically put it in my head (kids.. lol)

I never bought my parents gifts, my parents never let me work, or gave me money growing up (afraid I'd fall to sin) so... memorizing the quran was the only gift I could give them.. and I did. alhamdulilah.
                              Last edited by Bentali86; 29-10-15, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by islamicjourneys View Post
                                Has anyone attempted studying the science of Rasm after memorising Quran ? I had a word with some of the hufaadh here from Somalia and they said that really helps. they write their own mushaf and do so for around 3 months which solidifies it in your memory. They also said that they continue this act of producing their own mushafs as a hobby. One of the brothers writes a mushaf in a recitation every 3 months mashalah.

have any of the hufaadh tried this ?

I actually did that while memorizing the quran. I would do a page a day, write it out about 15 times, read it, let it play as i slept. Worked like a charm. i filled like 50 journals doing that (my arabic writing is tiny lol). my mom still has all those journals.. she's talked about burning them since they're just lying around..

One of my islamic studies teachers (when i was 5) told us to do it.. it was "homework" for sunday/saturday school.. but that was only 5 ayas a week.. so i grew use to it by the time i wanted to memorize the quran.. made it MUCH easier, and it improved my penmanship.

I also use to write the tafseer (english of course) about 5 times, just to make sure it stuck with me - but that was when i was 8 and wanted to memorize the entire quran for my parents.

Comment

Working...
                                X