Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Hifz Experiences

Why'd you doubt that?
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

:salams

Apparently if you learn one line a day... you memorize the qur'an in 10 years

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Comment

Assalamu Alykum,

Enjoying reading experiences and advices of posters on this thread. May Allah reward you all, with much good. :jkk:

Originally posted by whisperofimaan View Post

Here's another child who is memorizing the Quran:
        نبيل علي العوضي@NabilAlawadhyIn Shaam, there's a 5 year old girl who is memorizing the Quran at a very fast pace. Her teacher asked her, "why are you memorizing the Quran so fast?" And she replied "I don't know when I will become a shaheed!"

SubhanAllah, look at what the priorities of a 5 year old are, mashaAllah.

In bold, very inspiring and heart-rendering. Truthfully, none of us know when we will return to Him.
        “Truly, God does not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.” (Quran 13:11)
        “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
        ― Rumi

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
          I doubt i'll ever be hafiz of Quran, but i wanna at memorize the shorter ones in the final part, along with a few others like Ya Sin, Al Mulk, Ar Rahman & Al Waqiah for example.
          Assalamualaikumwarahmutallahiwabarakatuhu

these doubts come from shaytan -.-. firstt he makes u think u can do it and everything, then after a while he whispers and says 'do u know wat u cant do it, its tooo many pages, how will u memories all that blah blah blah! dont listen to him, u can and will become a hafiz inshaAllah, you have to focus and put time into it, and u have to have a allooot of patience. and make lots of duaa! Allah will surely help u! maybe by revising a page a week to start of will be good, then after u can revise a page in 3 days something liike that :up:

why dont u find a teacher, that reaally helps, especially if u have a strict one, because it motivates you and everything

and the best time to memories the Quran is after fajrr! :up: may Allah make it easy for u brother ameen.
          "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
            Why'd you doubt that?
            :salams
            Dunno. I just don't think its something i'd be capable of doing, especially at my age, given that i'm in my mid 20's. I'll still make an effort to memorize as much as i am capable of.
            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by safzis View Post
              Assalamualaikumwarahmutallahiwabarakatuhu

these doubts come from shaytan -.-. firstt he makes u think u can do it and everything, then after a while he whispers and says 'do u know wat u cant do it, its tooo many pages, how will u memories all that blah blah blah! dont listen to him, u can and will become a hafiz inshaAllah, you have to focus and put time into it, and u have to have a allooot of patience. and make lots of duaa! Allah will surely help u! maybe by revising a page a week to start of will be good, then after u can revise a page in 3 days something liike that :up:

why dont u find a teacher, that reaally helps, especially if u have a strict one, because it motivates you and everything

and the best time to memories the Quran is after fajrr! :up: may Allah make it easy for u brother ameen.
              I need to sort my recitation out first. Probably should go to tajweed classes or something.
              As i said, i'm starting with the shorter surahs and then some of the others i already mentioned, and Insh'Allah, i'll take it from there.
              Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
                I need to sort my recitation out first. Probably should go to tajweed classes or something.
                As i said, i'm starting with the shorter surahs and then some of the others i already mentioned, and Insh'Allah, i'll take it from there.
                ahh thats really important, thats wat my class did, getting all the makhraj letterss & tajweeed rules all learnt and memorized then we started the recitation alhamdullilah :up:
                "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Comment

Awesome thread!!!!!!!!! just what i needed so many inspiring stories

I am currently memorising 20 pages (4 pages a day) monday - friday and i review what memorised with my shaykh on Saterday and Sunday. so i do one juzz a week.

Comment

Originally posted by islamicjourneys View Post

I am currently memorising 20 pages (4 pages a day) monday - friday and i review what memorised with my shaykh on Saterday and Sunday. so i do one juzz a week.
                    :masha: I have so many questions! I hope you don't mind. How long does it take for you to complete memorizing 4 pages? Are you a native Arabic speaker? How much time do you have to spend per day reviewing/revising older materials? I'm fascinated because I struggle with even 1 page per day. I guess I'm still early on and have heard that towards the end it gets easier and you can go much more quickly, but I would be happy with even half of where you're at(2 pages per day).

May Allah SWT make it easy for all those here who are memorizing Quran and keep it firm in their minds and hearts and constantly on their tongues. Ameen.

Comment

isn't that a bit much
                      "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
                      (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
                      He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post
                        :masha: I have so many questions! I hope you don't mind. How long does it take for you to complete memorizing 4 pages? Are you a native Arabic speaker? How much time do you have to spend per day reviewing/revising older materials? I'm fascinated because I struggle with even 1 page per day. I guess I'm still early on and have heard that towards the end it gets easier and you can go much more quickly, but I would be happy with even half of where you're at(2 pages per day).

May Allah SWT make it easy for all those here who are memorizing Quran and keep it firm in their minds and hearts and constantly on their tongues. Ameen.
                        being an arab speaker doesnt put u in any advantage n ameen

Comment

Originally posted by Bint_Hajj View Post

Firstly allah has made the Quran easy to memorise and in my experience by excluding TV and idle talk and much of the time wasted by everyday people you free up nearly a 1/5 of your day. I spend my time studying for my Masters and i listen to my 4 pages that i want to memorise all day. I reduce all my talk to a bare minimum and instead i recite what i memorised from memory when i am doing other tasks such as washing dishes ironing clothes and if i get stuck i quickly look at mushaf and take out my notebook and write down which surah and ayah i stumbled on.

I spend up to 4 hours a day on memorisation and 1 hour a day on revision.

Originally posted by faatima18 View Post

isn't that a bit much
                          I asked myself that question too ?

then i asked spent a week doing what i usually would do and wrote down every hour what i did not to my surprise it was wasted on hanging out with friends , on eating out , on talking on watsapp on everything but allah.

We are all leaving this world i would love to leave this world with a lot of quranic recitation and worship.

Many of the scholar memorised the Quran in around 9-10 months even less i believe shaykh Maher al muhaiqili did it in 6 months , he said that some days you he used to memorise a hizb.

The more time you waste on sinning and killing time the longer it will take the memorise the Quran.

I am only a student of my shaykh and he supports me in this may allah build a palace for him and his family in the highest paradise.
                          He memorises entire books in 7 days so i am in good hands inshalah

Comment

Originally posted by Curious George View Post
                            being an arab speaker doesnt put u in any advantage n ameen
                            I agree. I was asking because I've heard/read many stories about Arabic speakers memorizing at this pace but have not read/heard as much about non-speakers doing the same except towards the end of their hifz. For myself, I can actually get confused if I recognize words and know their meanings because then I'm thinking of the meaning and sometimes will actually forget how to say the line as it is in the mushaf.

Firstly allah has made the Quran easy to memorise and in my experience by excluding TV and idle talk and much of the time wasted by everyday people you free up nearly a 1/5 of your day. I spend my time studying for my Masters and i listen to my 4 pages that i want to memorise all day. I reduce all my talk to a bare minimum and instead i recite what i memorised from memory when i am doing other tasks such as washing dishes ironing clothes and if i get stuck i quickly look at mushaf and take out my notebook and write down which surah and ayah i stumbled on.

I spend up to 4 hours a day on memorisation and 1 hour a day on revision.

I asked myself that question too ?

then i asked spent a week doing what i usually would do and wrote down every hour what i did not to my surprise it was wasted on hanging out with friends , on eating out , on talking on watsapp on everything but allah.

We are all leaving this world i would love to leave this world with a lot of quranic recitation and worship.

Many of the scholar memorised the Quran in around 9-10 months even less i believe shaykh Maher al muhaiqili did it in 6 months , he said that some days you he used to memorise a hizb.

The more time you waste on sinning and killing time the longer it will take the memorise the Quran.

I am only a student of my shaykh and he supports me in this may allah build a palace for him and his family in the highest paradise.
                            He memorises entire books in 7 days so i am in good hands inshalah
                            Ameen.

JazakAllah khair. May Allah make you and all those who strive successfull in their quest to memorize His Quran. Ameen. I'm trying to take in as many tips as I can and this is very helpful. :masha: Which Qari do you listen to? And how much do you revise per day? I'm still juggling my memorization vs. revision and am spending more time revising than memorizing. An hour or less to memorize and an hour or more to revise past juz depending on how much I am reviewing and how much I have to review besides the new material for my teacher.

Comment

Mutashabihaat are really challenging..
                              اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by Hamnah View Post
                                Mutashabihaat are really challenging..
                                When you come across one that you experience difficulty with, make a note in the margin with references to all other similar ayat. When revising and you come across that ayah, then stop and check and revise all the other similar ones as well. This can be time consuming, and difficult, so you don't have to do it all the time. But you should at least do it sometimes so that you are aware of them.

It is difficult... probably the most difficult part of hifz to master. May Allah ta'ala make it easy for us all.
                                "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                                (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Working...
                                X